Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New seating area at DWS

vCash
    I love it and would jump at the chance to sit that close to the action. I've sat in the Gridiron before and its badass.

vCash
    The folks that will prolly be sitting there are gonna be doing some serious bitching about the white smoke the players run through. And that's not even taking into consideration the cannon going off...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I'm not crazy about them. It's not even 50 seats total and they look goofy as Hell. We'd be better off putting up metal bleachers up to the second level and selling another 12-1400 tickets.
    If only there were 3,000 seats worth of bleachers that we had laying around somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    If only there were 3,000 seats worth of bleachers that we had laying around somewhere....
    We won't be adding bleachers at a major venue again. Those days are over

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You're right. We've moved on to double wide trailers with the walls torn out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    You're right. We've moved on to double wide trailers with the walls torn out.
    Fair enough...don't like the look either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why not? The Bears just did. **

How do I feel about these seats? Don't really care, but I wouldn't pay that much ... it's more than Club Level. And you can't see a thing from there. But if somebody likes to sit there at a premium price, more power to them.

vCash
    These would be nice to keep the MS HWY Patrol Officers out of the weather other than that remove them....

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    According to one of my sources, they did a trial run of it during the Spring Game. Logistically and Security wise, it's actually not that bad of a deal. Basically get access to a very unique area on the field and can interact with players a bit more often. Now is it worth it for the price? Doubtful. Now there are added benefits of a member-only tailgate and a concessions area solely for that group. However, in order to get from there to the two seating areas is going to be quite interesting when it's raining/storming. Unless they have access inside the M-Club building during rain games, I could see a lot of issues stemming from this.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    It's not like these are a permanent fixture, so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. We are no where near ready to close in the south end zone, unless we plan to put only about 1,500 more seats seats there. We'd have to have demand for at least 3-4k more regular and premium mix, to do it right. It will be a very expensive project.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Kansas did this a few years ago, except they put recliners in theirs. Guess they were trying to get the lazy ass couch potatoes to come to games. I think it looks pretty cheesy myself, and wouldn't care a thing for them even if they were free to sit in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It's not like these are a permanent fixture, so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. We are no where near ready to close in the south end zone, unless we plan to put only about 1,500 more seats seats there. We'd have to have demand for at least 3-4k more regular and premium mix, to do it right. It will be a very expensive project.
    It probably will be a fairly expensive project, with a lot of the expense replacing what will have to be demolished, i.e., the M-Club building and the big video board.

As I recall, the cost per seat for the north end zone enclosure was pretty high, and there was no major demolition/rebuild there. And to do the south end zone right, it'll have to be pretty much like the north side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Kansas did this a few years ago, except they put recliners in theirs. Guess they were trying to get the lazy ass couch potatoes to come to games. I think it looks pretty cheesy myself, and wouldn't care a thing for them even if they were free to sit in.
    Actually, it's probably something we'd barely notice unless told they were there. Kinda like the cabanas.