Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reggie Perry decommitted from Arky..What are the chances?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

Reggie Perry decommitted from Arky..What are the chances?

Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 07-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    I think as good as any. Coach McCray is the lead recruiter here. I think you get this kid, Woodard, and Stewart and call it a day. He would play the stretch four for us and is a perfect fit there in Coach Howland's system. I believe he is a legacy as his dad played for us before transferring out as a senior. He was rumored to have visited campus early this summer as well. Not saying he is a done deal but I think we have a puncher's chance.

vCash
    Articles say he wants to be closer to dad because of health reasons. I wonder if his dad lives in Thomasville, Ga. Florida State would be the closest school to that that town if that is the case.

Banned
    vCash
    if the transfer is indeed due to his father's health, doesn't geography work against us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    if the transfer is indeed due to his father's health, doesn't geography work against us?
    Assuming his dad lives where Reggie goes to high school.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Assuming his dad lives where Reggie goes to high school.
    anybody got a take on that? wouldn't this be a natural fit considering the Kegler deal? or am I off on positions?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We definitely have a shot. He took a quiet visit here a couple weeks back. His dad played ball at MSU, Al Perry. Yes his mom & dad are married & live in Thomasville, GA. That's not right around the corner but a helluva lot closer to Starkville than Fayetteville. He'd be IMO the best recruit Howland would have landed at MSU. He's the prototype stretch 4 & would fit perfectly in our system. I'm not sure if he's making any kind of decision soon but I would never bet against Howland & crew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Not a transfer he's a 2018 recruit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We definitely have a shot. He took a quiet visit here a couple weeks back. His dad played ball at MSU, Al Perry. Yes his mom & dad are married & live in Thomasville, GA. That's not right around the corner but a helluva lot closer to Starkville than Fayetteville. He'd be IMO the best recruit Howland would have landed at MSU. He's the prototype stretch 4 & would fit perfectly in our system. I'm not sure if he's making any kind of decision soon but I would never bet against Howland & crew.
    thank you sir

Banned
    vCash
    gotta like seeing 5 stars next to someone we have a good shot at getting

vCash
    About 7 hours versus a little over 13 according to Google Maps. Still a good hike but it at least puts a one night trip in reach.

vCash
    Would be awesome to get Woodard (3), Stewart (2), and Perry (4) in this class. They all would play different positions and would compliment each other nicely. Those guys would be the type of class that Howland could use to get us to the Sweet 16. Two Brooks recruited guys and a McCray recruited guy. I would trade a 20+ win season this year to land that class for next year. Perry is a legit one and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Would be awesome to get Woodard (3), Stewart (2), and Perry (4) in this class. They all would play different positions and would compliment each other nicely. Those guys would be the type of class that Howland could use to get us to the Sweet 16. Two Brooks recruited guys and a McCray recruited guy. I would trade a 20+ win season this year to land that class for next year. Perry is a legit one and done.
    I don't think Perry is a 1 & done but probably a 2yr guy.

vCash
    If memory serves me right, Al Perry was a very good player at Msu, point guard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Yes he is 3rd in all-time assists.

vCash
    another Bulldog legacy. Wonder why we weren't already high on His list. Al came from NY and brought Gary Hooker with Him. Great team-Wiley Peck-Ricky Brown-Al Perry-Gary Hooker and Greg Grim. Might be the best ever. Ricky Hood was also on that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    another Bulldog legacy. Wonder why we weren't already high on His list. Al came from NY and brought Gary Hooker with Him. Great team-Wiley Peck-Ricky Brown-Al Perry-Gary Hooker and Greg Grim. Might be the best ever. Ricky Hood was also on that team.
    We were on him hard when he committed to Arkansas. He plays for an Arkansas AAU Team.

vCash
    Woodard and Perry are both SFs.

Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Ray White was a 6'5" guard from Gulfport who played with that bunch. He was an outstanding player! I'm pretty sure Gary Hooker played for the Harlem Globetrotters a few years, Wiley Peck was another outstanding player, dude was one of the best offensive rebounders, Ricky Brown another great player. I still remember watching Alcorn upset this team in a NIT game at the Hump. The legendary Davey Whitney was their coach and they were loaded with talent, we blew a big lead that night. Also a whiskey bottle came flying on the floor late in the game, luckily it didn't hit anyone.

P.S. I think that was the first game ever played between a in state SWAC school and Msu. It was a very intense game.