Thread: July 3rd & 4th Fishing & Stuff

vCash

July 3rd & 4th Fishing & Stuff

I made it down to the coast at 1045 and pulled right in to the Henderson Point launch and the boat picked me up on the way to the marsh. All that rain and river water has the MS Sound gross. Water got decent by flat boat and was nice in the marsh and Door Point Lagoon and south. In hindsight, I wish we had that morning bite. Our first stop was the right choice and caught about 15 trout in an hour with a cpl throwbacks. Wasn't fast and furious but we were catching fish so we stayed. After that bite we fished Door Point, Brush Island, and chased birds. Probably caught 30 trout the next 3 hours with only a few keepers. Was back at the dock with 13 trout.

July 4th we were supposed to go offshore and snapper fish. Same outfit and trip we did last year and had a blast. Let's just say there was a miscommunication and the capt had plans for a trolling trip. We had no interest in trolling. I'm not going to tell the full story or name the outfit because they are supposed to be making this right but let's just say our group was not happy. We ended up doing the trolling trip when no accommodation could be made and we caught 10 bull reds, 4 jack crevalle, and a Spanish mackerel. There are worse ways to spend July 4th. It ended up being fun and the non serious anglers had a blast.

All in all a good weekend. Also have to note I had my 2nd good meal at Rum Kitchen. Got the tacos again but my brother got seafood platter and everything was good. They have a pretty good drink menu too.

Banned
    vCash
    Nice as hell Beast. great post man. would love to see some pics one day of you slicing , dicing , seasoning and cooking.

Once off the coast of Destin on a boat fit for a captain, 1st mate and 7 customers we pulled in a spanish mackerel. the 1st mate sliced it and cubed it, threw some tony's on it and nuked it for just a few seconds.

I thought I was eating filet mignon. you've never experienced anything until you've tasted fresh caught fish literally 5-10 minutes after they are caught.

vCash
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    All that rain and river water has the MS Sound gross.
    On Sunday, there was a line about 3-4 miles out of Long Beach where that nasty brown met some decent green water. The East side of Cat was not bad at all, but the West end was nasty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Nice.

On Sunday, there was a line about 3-4 miles out of Long Beach where that nasty brown met some decent green water. The East side of Cat was not bad at all, but the West end was nasty.
    On Monday it was a west southwest wind and falling tide so it was pulling it all toward the islands. When we passed Pass Mariene Lights it was filth but that's only a cpl Miles. It was damn near flat boat until it got where you'd think you could catch a trout.

Another fun fact from trip I left out. GPS/depth finder was out. We did it old school navigation style. Made us Leary of doing to much inside on a falling tide. I swear my trips this year have been snake bit

vCash
    Dan B's is opening up pretty soon downtown. Gonna be legit.