Thread: Are you True Maroon?

vCash

Question Are you True Maroon?

Shamelessly plugging my article on what it took to be True Maroon for me.
    Whether you are a lifelong State fan or a brand new addition to the family, I think you will connect with this story.

https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/0...-of-a-bulldog/

Blake Scott

All criticism welcomed with open arms and a full glass.

vCash
    Great read man. I can relate- from Mobile and went to Bama but was die hard State since the 98' Egg bowl on the sidelines with my Grandfather. I remember the students storming the field like it was yesterday. p.s.- nothing compares to the hatefulness received while openly rooting for State in the Bama student section. Had we ever won a game @ Bryant-Denny in my time there I would have been stoned to death.

vCash
    Great stuff! Like many on this board, I was born True Maroon. One of my first memories as a child was Dad ringing his cowbell and listening to Jack Cristil. I'm 42, married 8 years, no kids and two dogs. I swear I don't think I could love a human baby as much as I love this school.

vCash
    Great article.

vCash
    Great article and good luck with the site. I'm looking forward to the John Bond podcast - that's a major coup for a start up.

I think you could probably compile a really good set of stories for why we are "True Maroon". I was signing up to take the SAT while the 1990 CWS was going on. UGA was my #1, and I had a couple of smaller safety schools in Ga and had 1 spot left to send my scores and thought "who else in the SEC has a good baseball program. Mississippi State? Why not?" 3 months later I had an academic scholarship offer and my parents asking "you want to go where?"

vCash
    My dad came back to school, after a stint in the Army, in 1968.... He graduated in 1970..... We have been in Starkville ever since... My Children were raised here, graduated, married and my grands were born here.... We RING True Maroon.... The grand children have a cowbell for every year given to them at Christmas.... Each one different.

..... Train up a child in the way he/she should go and they will not depart from it...... (Proverbs 22:6 excerpt)

vCash
    Do you still smell like corn dogs or were you not there long enough to develop that body aroma?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Do you still smell like corn dogs or were you not there long enough to develop that body aroma?
    Probably just cornmeal. I'd go with the latter....not long enough to be fully cooked.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Hahahaha that's hilarious. No corndogs or corndog smells actually. Just a passion for great food and great sports. And an even deeper hatred of Bama and Ole Miss

vCash
    Thank yall for the love! It's an honor to have great fans read my work. And a compilation is a great idea, I may need to steal that!

vCash
    Great leisure reading at Hailstate Takeover for your July 4th holiday!