Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: American Patriot July 4th Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: American Patriot July 4th Edition

We're going to say the weekend goes through Tuesday. I'm sure we should have some good stuff. I'll have some fishing reports Mon & Tues. Everyine have a great 4th and special thanks to guys like SapperDawg who are serving in the armed forces.

vCash
    ***I was slipping Randolph and when I tried to merge our threads I screwed it up. My bad yall**

vCash
    Kept it simple tonight - brats

vCash
    No worries BeastMan!

No pics but bacon wrapped elk backstrap stuffed with jalape?os and cheeses on the grill. Served it with some wild rice and purple hull peas from the garden. A couple white cans to lead off. Sipping my second glass of Woodford.

vCash
    Oh ya, tall white cans for me

vCash
    Had pizza and Modelo Negra at our favorite dive tonight. Came home and drank a couple homemade cheladas (Tecate, clamato, salt, and lime). Now I'm having a nightcap of Clontarf.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    We're going to say the weekend goes through Tuesday. I'm sure we should have some good stuff. I'll have some fishing reports Mon & Tues. Everyine have a great 4th and special thanks to guys like SapperDawg who are serving in the armed forces.
    Hey beast, if you could take some pics of cleaning the fish, that would be great. I need to learn .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Hey beast, if you could take some pics of cleaning the fish, that would be great. I need to learn .
    Depends on specie. What kind you trying to learn?

vCash
    I'm from the Delta. We like Gar.

vCash
    Had a pretty big crowd yesterday so had to combine two menus into one. Started the day at Big Beach Brewery in Gulf Shores, not a bad beer in the place. Milder taste than most craft beers but I like that, especially at the beach. Switched to Dos Equis at the pool then switched to 30A Beach Blondes for the cook and meal. Cooked several 20 oz rib eyes and a bunch of Red Snapper filets. Cut the Rib eyes in half so they would feed more and created or own surf and turf. Served with garlic cheese grits, fresh field corn roasted on the grill, and cheese toast.

vCash
    spaghetti-o's and cooks champaign. Maybe a Twinkie for dessert

Banned
    vCash
    Just any kind would be fine. The only time I've ever done it was when I was a kid and I took a spoon to clean all the scales off some fresh water brim we caught at some big ass carrol county lake.

I would just like to start saving money by buying whole fish someday like those snappers and red fish I see at cosco all the time. I'm sure I could Google something too.

Would be cool to have someone clicking some pics the next time you do work though.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Woodford on flight to Portland. Whatever grub they roll out in first class. Mrs I seen it rolls

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Woodford on flight to Portland. Whatever grub they roll out in first class. Mrs I seen it rolls
    was that a "Mile High Club" reference? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Had a pretty big crowd yesterday so had to combine two menus into one. Started the day at Big Beach Brewery in Gulf Shores, not a bad beer in the place. Milder taste than most craft beers but I like that, especially at the beach. Switched to Dos Equis at the pool then switched to 30A Beach Blondes for the cook and meal. Cooked several 20 oz rib eyes and a bunch of Red Snapper filets. Cut the Rib eyes in half so they would feed more and created or own surf and turf. Served with garlic cheese grits, fresh field corn roasted on the grill, and cheese toast.
    Ya, you win last night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    I'm from the Delta. We like Gar.
    Ha never cleaned one of those but I watched a video and they used a hatchet to take the skin off. That's a prehistoric monster

vCash
    Jealous Dawgbite. Need to get more info on Big Beach Brewery. May be my new hangout when I come to the OBA.

vCash
    Last night was steaks, sweet potatoes & a Hungarian Cabernet that we brought back from Budapest a few months ago.

Got chased around cat island by water spouts this morning. I think we watched 5 total and a couple were way too close.

Bell's Two Hearted now and about to head to Crab Fest. I plan on eating myself into a food coma there.

vCash
    Ha never cleaned one of those but I watched a video and they used a hatchet to take the skin off. That's a prehistoric monster
    Cleaned? You leave the bones in, hoss; that's the texture.***

vCash
    Damn that's crazy speck. Those spouts just pop up. What y'all get the trout to eat? Was it a croaker day?