Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League Pass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Premier League Pass

https://www.google.com/amp/soccer.nb...orts-gold/amp/

Looks like I'm going to be having to catch a lot of Newcastle games next season in true English fashion: illegally. Haven't had to illegally stream soccer in close to 5 years...anyone know a good way to do it now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/soccer.nb...orts-gold/amp/

Looks like I'm going to be having to catch a lot of Newcastle games next season in true English fashion: illegally. Haven't had to illegally stream soccer in close to 5 years...anyone know a good way to do it now?
    Get directv and the sports pack and you can see every game, legally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Get directv and the sports pack and you can see every game, legally.
    Are you sure? The "Live Extra" games from previous seasons that you could watch on the NBC Sports App as long as you had NBC Sports are what are being rolled into the Premier League Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Are you sure? The "Live Extra" games from previous seasons that you could watch on the NBC Sports App as long as you had NBC Sports are what are being rolled into the Premier League Pass.
    Oh, I hadn't heard about that. That sucks. I may have to buy it, although most if Liverpool's games usuall make one of the networks they show on.

vCash
    I should have looked at your link. It looks like you are right. That price ain't bad though. I'll probabaly pay for it if too many Liverpool games wind up on it.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    That's really pathetic to hear about. I need to watch my Foxes.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    USA should boycott till they give us two teams in the bottom league (my goal in life, gonna make it happen bitches) Boston and New York will have EPL teams before I die. Bookmark me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    USA should boycott till they give us two teams in the bottom league (my goal in life, gonna make it happen bitches) Boston and New York will have EPL teams before I die. Bookmark me
    Ugh, no. That won't never ever happen. LOL, nor should it. My friend's club Altrincham has a better chance of winning the EPL.

Banned
    vCash
    Ugh, no. That won't never ever happen. LOL, nor should it. My friend's club Altrincham has a better chance of winning the EPL.
    Oh it'll happen. It is inevitable once they see the dollars streaming in USA brings them and they see how successful the London Jaguars will be in the NFL. Pretty soon greed of tapping into a 320 million population monopolized by 1 team will take over. It's business and it's guaranteed. People don't pass over billion dollar opportunities often. The hate English fans will have for our Yanks club will only fuel more dollars. A lot more dollars.

vCash
    Oh it'll happen. It is inevitable once they see the dollars streaming in USA brings them and they see how successful the London Jaguars will be in the NFL. Pretty soon greed of tapping into a 320 million population monopolized by 1 team will take over. It's business and it's guaranteed. People don't pass over billion dollar opportunities often. The hate English fans will have for our Yanks club will only fuel more dollars. A lot more dollars.
    Soccer doesn't work that way 61.

Banned
    vCash
    Soccer doesn't work that way 61.
    Soccer is a business just like any other business so it does work that way. Coming from a business grad.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    There's no reason to have a U.S. team in the PL. The reason is simple: investors/owners of PL Clubs can simply purchase a MLS team and have it as a de facto training club. Manchester City has done that with NYCFC (notice that they both have the same sponsors and wear the same colors...no coincidence). Other major PL teams are already in negotiations or have considered doing the same. You get a slightly different style in MLS than you do in the Championship or League 2 or 3, but you get valuable experience against veteran players and clubs. For all the shit MLS gets from not only Americans, but football (soccer) fans across the globe, we are developing a substantial league here in America. Now if MLS were to ever have a relegation system with the USL that would be fun. FC Cincinnati just made a case for it in the US Open Cup (think English FA Cup).
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    There's no reason to have a U.S. team in the PL. The reason is simple: investors/owners of PL Clubs can simply purchase a MLS team and have it as a de facto training club. Manchester City has done that with NYCFC (notice that they both have the same sponsors and wear the same colors...no coincidence). Other major PL teams are already in negotiations or have considered doing the same. You get a slightly different style in MLS than you do in the Championship or League 2 or 3, but you get valuable experience against veteran players and clubs. For all the shit MLS gets from not only Americans, but football (soccer) fans across the globe, we are developing a substantial league here in America. Now if MLS were to ever have a relegation system with the USL that would be fun. FC Cincinnati just made a case for it in the US Open Cup (think English FA Cup).
    Not having relegation and promotion is holding back the MLS in my opinion. The rest of the world will never really take it that seriously until it happens.

vCash
    Lol, no surprise that that's what you took from that. You own the franchise on stupid in this thread.

Banned
    vCash
    Lol, no surprise that that's what you took from that. You own the franchise on stupid in this thread.
    Works every time on you Muppet

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Liverpooldawg again.

He(D61) is sort of known for not being very bright.

vCash
    61, your ignorance isn't just in how you reference the club structure. But the fact that you are comparing a league in America putting a team in England with 0 teams playing the same sport, a sport which is not played globally, to a league that has comparable leagues not just in the US, but in basically every country on earth. The NFL will rake in money because they are putting a team in Europe where there is interest but no competition. They will hold a monopoly on the sport. The same can't be said about soccer.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    61, your ignorance isn't just in how you reference the club structure. But the fact that you are comparing a league in America putting a team in England with 0 teams playing the same sport, a sport which is not played globally, to a league that has comparable leagues not just in the US, but in basically every country on earth. The NFL will rake in money because they are putting a team in Europe where there is interest but no competition. They will hold a monopoly on the sport. The same can't be said about soccer.
    Excellent points. There's serious big time money to be had by both the EPL and American TV networks by them putting 1 or 2 USA teams in the EPL. Money always wins out. This is why I think it is inevitable we eventually see an American club playing in the EPL. It's not happening anytime soon so y'all don't have anything to worry about right now.

vCash
    Excellent points. There's serious big time money to be had by both the EPL and American TV networks by them putting 1 or 2 USA teams in the EPL. Money always wins out. This is why I think it is inevitable we eventually see an American club playing in the EPL. It's not happening anytime soon so y'all don't have anything to worry about right now.
    You agreed and then contradicted yourself.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    You agreed and then contradicted yourself.
    I agree that your points are excellent. I disagree it won't eventually happen. Money talks. Look at it like this. USA is a 320 million market for England to tap into and for the EPL to be the big dawg in by simply adding 1 or 2 American teams. It's billions of dollars they are choosing to not go after every year they don't add a club. When EPL growth starts stalling or falling back they are going to look for new ideas to keep on growing. Having a successful London Jaguars NFL team is going to make their choice very obvious and television networks and apparel companies are going to remind them every step of the way.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 07-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.