Thread: Dudy Noble Field Seating Numbers

vCash

Dudy Noble Field Seating Numbers

For some reason, our athletic department never published the seating totals for the new DNF. If they have, I haven't seen it. It's odd, because that it usually one of the main pieces of information that gets released.

Old DNF figures, per Hailstate.com:

4660 chairbacks
    180 skybox chairbacks
    2700 approx bleacher seats
    _____

7200 total (yeah, I know that doesn't add up, but that's what is posted)

New DNF figure, per published plans (give or take):

3219 lower level chairbacks
    1454 upper level chairbacks
    315 Omaha Club chairbacks
    200 Omaha Club seats other (approx.)
    240 skybox chairbacks
    _____

5428 total

So, the total reserve seating is going up by 580 or so, but total actual seating capacity is being reduced by nearly 1800, unless I am missing something. I don't understand why we are going with the berms. Seems like it would be a relatively small cost to just go ahead and put in more ground level chairbacks. After all, there's only going to be one section-worth of berm on the 3B side.

vCash
    I don't like the berms either. I've already made my contribution to get chairbacks, but still... The berms could be more chairbacks. I don't get it. It looks nice yes, but it's wasted space IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I don't like the berms either. I've already made my contribution to get chairbacks, but still... The berms could be more chairbacks. I don't get it. It looks nice yes, but it's wasted space IMO.
    They built it based on The demand for chair backs. Which, as you can imagine is great, until people have to write checks for em. Most people want to be able to come sit in a chair back and not have any cost associated with it. Just doesn't work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They built it based on The demand for chair backs. Which, as you can imagine is great, until people have to write checks for em. Most people want to be able to come sit in a chair back and not have any cost associated with it. Just doesn't work.
    ^^^THIS^^^^ It never ceases to amaze me how much people can find to bitch about.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    They are trying to make the stadium not look empty 80% of the time. They would build 20k chairbacks if the demand is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    They are trying to make the stadium not look empty 80% of the time. They would build 20k chairbacks if the demand is there.
    How would reducing the seats make the stadium not look as empty if the same percentage of season ticket holders that don't show up to games buy these new seats? All it's going to do is push more people to the grass areas to sit.

vCash
    I've heard this repeated for over a year. Seems like terrible logic to care about what the stadium looks like during a midweek game AND to expect such a low turnout for the best stadium in college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    How would reducing the seats make the stadium not look as empty if the same percentage of season ticket holders that don't show up to games buy these new seats? All it's going to do is push more people to the grass areas to sit.
    I don't think I'd want to sit on potentially wet sod. Or on the grass at all, really.

vCash
    I can only make a few games a year because of distance and work and honestly, if my only choice is SRO or berms, then I'll keep my ass at the house. If they don't want the stadium to look empty, then do something to allow people to use the 80% of seats that 80% of the season ticket holders aren't using.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I can only make a few games a year because of distance and work and honestly, if my only choice is SRO or berms, then I'll keep my ass at the house. If they don't want the stadium to look empty, then do something to allow people to use the 80% of seats that 80% of the season ticket holders aren't using.
    totally agree. Those of us out of towners will not come in to sit on the ground.

vCash
    as y'all know, I know less than dick about the baseball.... but, unlike Boom, I do understand economics/statistics...

With the ridiculous crowds y'all get (~6-8k per game), why don't y'all just "build it, and let them come"... say 10,000 "chairbacks" and adjust pricing based on seating and seniority????

Edit: heck, just buy Ole Miss's football bleachers after they get put on probation and use them instead of sittin' on the ground...
    Last edited by TUSK; 06-28-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17