Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The situation with one of our baseball players made me think

vCash

The situation with one of our baseball players made me think

Would you use PED's if you were a marginal player but it would guarantee that you could play baseball at MSU for a year- would you do it? Caveat is you would also get caught and suspended and get kicked off the team after a year and your career is over.

I'd probably do it.

vCash
    I'd do it. The pro's outweigh the cons and honestly, getting caught using PEDs is looked at much differently than getting caught with hard drugs. You could recover socially from a PED scandal.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm still not convinced it was PED's that Plumlee was using, and probably won't be until its explicitly called out by a reputable source.

vCash
    But I am curious, what would have happened had we won the series and he had pitched? Forfeit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'm still not convinced it was PED's that Plumlee was using, and probably won't be until its explicitly called out by a reputable source.
    FWIW a failed test for marijuana is I think is six months. A failed PED test is one year which is what the length of Plumlee's suspension is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    But I am curious, what would have happened had we won the series and he had pitched? Forfeit?
    I'm not sure- probably vacate any games won in which ineligible player appeared in?

vCash
    Plumlee did not test positive for PEDs or marijuana

vCash
    Hasn't this already been covered in the ski slopes thread

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    This^^

vCash
    So, you care nothing about your long-term health?
    This is one of the problems with today's instant society, will do anything for a flash headline.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hasn't this already been covered in the ski slopes thread
    Yes. The same thread where a list was created of a large number of posters who should never become narcs or undercover cops.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 06-28-2017 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    Well...what really happened?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Could be add medication. I think it is considered a performance enhancing drug that you have to have a script for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Would you use PED's if you were a marginal player but it would guarantee that you could play baseball at MSU for a year- would you do it? Caveat is you would also get caught and suspended and get kicked off the team after a year and your career is over.

I'd probably do it.
    Hell no! For a year plus putting yourself ahead of the team and school, that ain't right by no means.

vCash
    I wouldn't use regardless of caught or not caught. I wouldn't use knowing it would get me a $15,000,000 contract. Wouldn't do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Could be add medication. I think it is considered a performance enhancing drug that you have to have a script for.
    This. I was on ADHD medication in high school. The guy giving me my test asked me if I was on ADHD meds and I said yes. I had been on them since I was 7 so it wasn't like it was something new to me. Well the idiot forgot to mark it on my test notes and I got a positive test for heroin (and a call to my mom which did not go well). Luckily that got cleared up, but unless you have a prescription, it will come up as a positive drug test, and you better be able to show proof of a prescription or you get hammered.

Now I'm not privy to what Plumlee got popped for, but I do know what ADHD medication will do to a drug test. And to be honest, I'm stunned more athletes don't get popped for a positive test on ADHD medication anymore. That's the drug of choice now in a lot of high schools and colleges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This. I was on ADHD medication in high school. The guy giving me my test asked me if I was on ADHD meds and I said yes. I had been on them since I was 7 so it wasn't like it was something new to me. Well the idiot forgot to mark it on my test notes and I got a positive test for heroin (and a call to my mom which did not go well). Luckily that got cleared up, but unless you have a prescription, it will come up as a positive drug test, and you better be able to show proof of a prescription or you get hammered.

Now I'm not privy to what Plumlee got popped for, but I do know what ADHD medication will do to a drug test. And to be honest, I'm stunned more athletes don't get popped for a positive test on ADHD medication anymore. That's the drug of choice now in a lot of high schools and colleges.
    I assure you your ADHD medication didnt show up as heroin. Its an amphetamine most likely.

vCash
    Wouldn't do it.

Did anyone else notice Plumlee hitting upwards of 93mph in the regionals...when he barely could hit 90 in the regular season?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Well...what really happened?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJABjVH-0k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet Dawg View Post
    I assure you your ADHD medication didnt show up as heroin. Its an amphetamine most likely.
    You're right. I don't know why I said heroin. It did show up as a methamphetamine.