Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson's final winning play for the Natty---legal? pending rule changes?

Banned
    vCash

Clemson's final winning play for the Natty---legal? pending rule changes?

haven't seen much conversation about it since we talked about it for a while right after the game. from what I remember , it looked practically indefensible. kinda like a basketball illegal pick play or something.

would like to see some opinions from those more knowledgeable than myself regarding rules and this particular play.

surprised more teams haven't implemented more, especially in the red zone.

vCash
    I think it was illegal then. Not called very often. Wish we would run it.

vCash
    Shocked Saban hasnt bitched and moaned about it and got it changed yet. It should be illegal offenses have enough advantages already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    haven't seen much conversation about it since we talked about it for a while right after the game. from what I remember , it looked practically indefensible. kinda like a basketball illegal pick play or something.

would like to see some opinions from those more knowledgeable than myself regarding rules and this particular play.

surprised more teams haven't implemented more, especially in the red zone.
    Best way to stop it is switch it just like a screen in basketball, easier said than done though

vCash
    Saban hasn't complained because he runs it too. Pretty sure their first or TD against us last year was on a similar play

vCash
    Bama runs "RUB" plays, too... the Clemson play approached an illegal "pick", IMO... Refs miss calls.... it happens...

Contrary to popular belief, Bammer gets screwed by the zebras, sometimes... all in all, we probably benefit, overall.

Now, the "OM - Linemen down field" play has to get called every time.... it's just to easy...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Shocked Saban hasnt bitched and moaned about it and got it changed yet. It should be illegal offenses have enough advantages already.
    There is nothing to change, the play is already illegal.

vCash
    Is this the UF screen that Spurrier ran constantly?

Banned
    vCash
    Clemson ran pick plays TWICE, both for TDs. What we have ran in the past and what Clemson did in the NC are not the same. What Clemson did TWICE in one game is without a doubt already illegal. Either enforce the rule or make it legal for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    There is nothing to change, the play is already illegal.
    It hardly ever gets called so its pretty much legal

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Saban hasn't complained because he runs it too. Pretty sure their first or TD against us last year was on a similar play
    Bingo. Bama runs pick plays about every time they throw the ball in the red zone. It was so bad, I would call it pretty much Everytime, and Kiffin would do it and put his hands in the air before the ball was thrown. TD Bama. FN cheating Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bingo. Bama runs pick plays about every time they throw the ball in the red zone. It was so bad, I would call it pretty much Everytime, and Kiffin would do it and put his hands in the air before the ball was thrown. TD Bama. FN cheating Bama.
    no.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    no.
    Yes.

vCash
    True. Sometimes they hold on the edge when they run to the pilon.

vCash
    no.
    You cant honestly say Bama never runs pick routes in the red zone.

vCash
    You cant honestly say Bama never runs pick routes in the red zone.
    I didn't say that.... in fact, I admitted that Bammer does run Rubs and gets the benefit of officiating most of the time....

However, Buckethead's post is not true...

"Bama runs pick plays about every time they throw the ball in the red zone. It was so bad, I would call it pretty much Everytime, and Kiffin would do it and put his hands in the air before the ball was thrown. TD Bama. FN cheating Bama.

I'll agree if someone posts a video of Bama simultaneously:

1) throwing a TD in the redzone,
    2) on an undebateble pick play, with
    3) Kiffin's arms raised...

additionally, if an unedited video is presented, I further agree to never again bring up "Miles > Saban" or "Boom sucks at Stats"....

I'll hang up and listen....

No.

vCash
    I didn't say that.... in fact, I admitted that Bammer does run Rubs and gets the benefit of officiating most of the time....

However, Buckethead's post is not true...

"Bama runs pick plays about every time they throw the ball in the red zone. It was so bad, I would call it pretty much Everytime, and Kiffin would do it and put his hands in the air before the ball was thrown. TD Bama. FN cheating Bama.

I'll agree if someone posts a video of Bama simultaneously:

1) throwing a TD in the redzone,
    2) on an undebateble pick play, with
    3) Kiffin's arms raised...

additionally, if an unedited video is presented, I further agree to never again bring up "Miles > Saban" or "Boom sucks at Stats"....

I'll hang up and listen....
    I never said Miles>Saban or Boom sucks at stats. Not sure what that even means. Only time I remember Lane raising his hands were on big plays not red zone.

Im on yalls side of this it should be called every time. Offenses have enough advantages now anyway

vCash
    Alright. Challenge accepted. Next season, Everytime I see Bama run a pick play I will start a thread. Too bad Kiffin isn't there anymore, the frequency of those plays would be staggering.

vCash
    Saban is the best at getting the best players and winning. No doubt about it. Saban does the most with the most. 100% agree. The last couple of years, because of Kiffin I am sure they ran rub plays time and time again. It's just rich because of their issue with Clemson's obvious pick that wasn't called.

I have an issue with every pick play. Either it should be called more often or Mullen should run it more often.

vCash
    I never said Miles>Saban or Boom sucks at stats. Not sure what that even means. Only time I remember Lane raising his hands were on big plays not red zone.

Im on yalls side of this it should be called every time. Offenses have enough advantages now anyway
    That was an "inside joke" from long ago, buddy...

No.