Thread: Myles Garrett Already Hurt

vCash

Myles Garrett Already Hurt

https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/905549328009367552

This was my issue with taking him number 1 overall. I realize he's unbelievably talented but the guy never dominated at A&M because he was always nicked up, never 100%.

I'm not sure if Garrett is just fragile or doesn't really love football, but he never really overwhelmed me at A&M and, although he had the measurables, never felt like a #1 overall pick.

For such a talented guy, did he ever take over a game at A&M?

vCash
    Stats don't always tell you how much a guy affects the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    But when you play against him for three years & never really fear him, it does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Tells me a lot when he's not even in the game.

vCash
    I remember watching one of Fitz short TD runs againt AM last year and Garrett was getting blocked so he just stood up and watched Fitz go in the end zone. He has all the measurements and gifts in the world, but I think he is a really smart guy who things about a lot of things and football is not the highest on his passions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    I remember watching one of Fitz short TD runs againt AM last year and Garrett was getting blocked so he just stood up and watched Fitz go in the end zone. He has all the measurements and gifts in the world, but I think he is a really smart guy who things about a lot of things and football is not the highest on his passions.
    This

vCash
    Javon Kearse & Jadaveon Clowney approve this thread.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Never forget that picture of Brandon Holloway trying to block Garrett. Looked like me trying to block Yao Ming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Javon Kearse & Jadaveon Clowney approve this thread.
    Kearse was great for about two years. Clowney was great last year but needs to keep it up to not be considered a bust.
    Garrett plays for Cleveland so he's 17'd anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Never forget that picture of Brandon Holloway trying to block Garrett. Looked like me trying to block Yao Ming
    Yeah Garrett was lucky he didn't get hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Kearse was great for about two years. Clowney was great last year but needs to keep it up to not be considered a bust.
    Garrett plays for Cleveland so he's 17'd anyway
    Clowney was the first one I thought of when I saw this thread. Incredible player but when he basically sat out a season in college to go pro, that told me all I needed to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/905549328009367552

This was my issue with taking him number 1 overall. I realize he's unbelievably talented but the guy never dominated at A&M because he was always nicked up, never 100%.

I'm not sure if Garrett is just fragile or doesn't really love football, but he never really overwhelmed me at A&M and, although he had the measurables, never felt like a #1 overall pick.

For such a talented guy, did he ever take over a game at A&M?
    Yep. I felt the same way. I think Derek Barnett from UT will have a better career. He'll be lined up alongside Fletcher Cox a bunch this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Yep. I felt the same way. I think Derek Barnett from UT will have a better career. He'll be lined up alongside Fletcher Cox a bunch this season.
    Agree. Barnett was more active on gameday than Garrett. He always showed up