Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
I'm going to pull for LSU. If the Indians try to short change Rivera and Florida loses in the finals, I could see him possibly coming back to Florida for his senior year. How does this effect us or why is it even relevant to us you ask? Because if you notice their top pick is Quentin Holmes and word is he is wanting $1.4 million and he hasn't signed yet. Now before you guys come in with the if they are taken in the top 10 rounds they 100% will sign. Take a look at Cleveland's situation. They have 29th out of 30th pool money and did not draft wisely by picking college seniors to give them wiggle room for Holmes. The three others they have not signed are two college juniors and a high school kid. They basically would be asking those three to take way under slot in order to get even close to Holmes number. Now I'm not saying there's a great chance he comes to State but I'd put the 1% number up to 10% and IMO bears watching.
If we get Holmes it would be the most surprising player that we have ever gotten through the draft. It's not happening.