Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finebaum - "The LSU passion for baseball is really unmatched anywhere in the SEC"

vCash

Finebaum - "The LSU passion for baseball is really unmatched anywhere in the SEC"

Chaps my hide ESPN refers to this moron as, "Mr. SEC". He's an asshat extraordinaire. It would not bother me one bit if we banned his ass from our campus.

Pencil-necked geek!

vCash
    I can't stand nor watch that moron but he's right. I just don't think I can pull for the Corndogs and I can't stand the Gators either!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I can't stand nor watch that moron but he's right. I just don't think I can pull for the Corndogs and I can't stand the Gators either!
    Say what?? You don't think our fans are very bit as passionate about baseball as theirs? We own 18 of the top 25 all-time on-campus attendance records in the NCAA. We have been passionate about baseball long before LSU got excited about it when they started winning under Skip.

vCash
    Also, you don't think SCar fans and UPig fans aren't as passionate? Sure, LSU typically leads offcial "average attendance" records, but MSU, UPIg & SCar are routinely in the Top 3-5 as well.

vCash
    Finebaum's your typical media whore. I stopped listening to him when he refused to talk om recruiting violations and then went into full ass kissing mode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Say what?? You don't think our fans are very bit as passionate about baseball as theirs? We own 18 of the top 25 all-time on-campus attendance records in the NCAA. We have been passionate about baseball long before LSU got excited about it when they started winning under Skip.
    Passion in winning National Championships, never thought we Msu aren't passion as fans, but Lsu is the dog in the Sec hunt as of now and have been for almost two decades, look at how many Sec Titles and National Championships they won compare to anyone else.

vCash

Name one thing about his statement that is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Chaps my hide ESPN refers to this moron as, "Mr. SEC". He's an asshat extraordinaire. It would not bother me one bit if we banned his ass from our campus.

Pencil-necked geek!
    I'd say we were a very close second, but without the National Championships and SEC Championships to match, LSU is tops in the country. They travel a little bit better than we do as well. In general, they have more passionate baseball fans than we do.

If Polk #1 (or #2 for that matter) would have sacked up and won a National Championship, then we might be in a completely different position. If we had broken the ice back in the 80's, MSU baseball would have gotten 3-4 more by now.
    Last edited by ghostofjackie; 06-26-2017 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Some of you are mistaking success for passion. Lsu has had more success no doubt. And has more fans no doubt, on account of being the only game in town in a state 150% bigger than Mississippi.

I'm not sure which fan base is more passionate, but there is no discernible difference.

vCash
    Fact is, Lsu Baseball, Bama Football and Kentucky BasketBall have the most passionate fans for those sport not only in the Sec but country.

vCash
    Pawl is such a blatent Old Piss homer, that it doesn't surprise me that he hates us. 17 him

vCash
    I can't stand LSU--hope they lose. But I can't find fault with Finebaum's statement. If we don't like it -how about we beat that corndog ass. When we whine and bitch we sounds like Ole Miss. Win the SEC and win a Natty-then we will worry about who is the most passionate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Fact is, Lsu Baseball, Bama Football and Kentucky BasketBall have the most passionate fans for those sport not only in the Sec but country.
    Not disagreeing. But based on what? Not sure there is a way to gauge that. Even if you say attendance, I'm as passionate a baseball fan as there is but didn't attend one game this year due to circumstances.

vCash
    I'll tell want's funny about this- a lot of LSU fans that I work with ask me about their team and didn't follow them at all until Omaha.

IMO I think we are every bit as passionate but we aren't as blindly slanted and are more "rational". They literally think and believe that good things should happen to them "because they are LSU". We talk about more why not whether that's lottery scholarships or players not coming back.

I think the interest in baseball for both programs is about the same to be honest.

vCash
    We'll see if they outdraw our 2013 Finals.

Game 1 - 25690
    Game 2 - 27127 (the 127 were UCLA fans*)

vCash
    Also- I think them being in a high A/AA size city with no other MLB minor league team for 75 miles helps their attendance a lot. What we do in Starkville in terms of attendance is pretty remarkable.

vCash
    I'm going to pull for LSU. If the Indians try to short change Rivera and Florida loses in the finals, I could see him possibly coming back to Florida for his senior year. How does this effect us or why is it even relevant to us you ask? Because if you notice their top pick is Quentin Holmes and word is he is wanting $1.4 million and he hasn't signed yet. Now before you guys come in with the if they are taken in the top 10 rounds they 100% will sign. Take a look at Cleveland's situation. They have 29th out of 30th pool money and did not draft wisely by picking college seniors to give them wiggle room for Holmes. The three others they have not signed are two college juniors and a high school kid. They basically would be asking those three to take way under slot in order to get even close to Holmes number. Now I'm not saying there's a great chance he comes to State but I'd put the 1% number up to 10% and IMO bears watching.

vCash
    How in the hell was his show or him selected for the SEC network. Was it for all his Bama dick sucking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjackie View Post
    I'd say we were a very close second, but without the National Championships and SEC Championships to match, LSU is tops in the country. They travel a little bit better than we do as well. In general, they have more passionate baseball fans than we do.

If Polk #1 (or #2 for that matter) would have sacked up and won a National Championship, then we might be in a completely different position. If we had broken the ice back in the 80's, MSU baseball would have gotten 3-4 more by now.
    That's MSU's fault for not moving on from Polk. It probably set us back 10 years each time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I'm going to pull for LSU. If the Indians try to short change Rivera and Florida loses in the finals, I could see him possibly coming back to Florida for his senior year. How does this effect us or why is it even relevant to us you ask? Because if you notice their top pick is Quentin Holmes and word is he is wanting $1.4 million and he hasn't signed yet. Now before you guys come in with the if they are taken in the top 10 rounds they 100% will sign. Take a look at Cleveland's situation. They have 29th out of 30th pool money and did not draft wisely by picking college seniors to give them wiggle room for Holmes. The three others they have not signed are two college juniors and a high school kid. They basically would be asking those three to take way under slot in order to get even close to Holmes number. Now I'm not saying there's a great chance he comes to State but I'd put the 1% number up to 10% and IMO bears watching.
    If we get Holmes it would be the most surprising player that we have ever gotten through the draft. It's not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Holmes would probably break the SEC steals record if he came to school under Canny.