Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You might want to go listen to the Boneyard

vCash

You might want to go listen to the Boneyard

It was nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    It was nice.
    Cliff notes for those that can't right now?

vCash
    Said no one has told him to be quiet. If you're a good person and not involved in improprieties, you don't have to go around telling everyone about it. Also Said "Some people had advance notice of the Leo and Kobe lawsuit coming out, so let me repay that. I know some people too. Some people in Lafayette county may find themselves on the other end of legal proceedings. Some people may want to update their resumes. The ones who have been wrong every step of way, the cowards, may find themselves in it. There is stuff that has been discovered that hasn't come out yet. When it does, gonna be bad for people that are think they're important ole miss people."

The quoted is paraphrased

vCash
    Good times

Banned
    vCash
    Somebody getting scorched. Whoo hoo hoo

vCash
    I've come to grips with the fact that, due to OM fighting and lying for every inch, this will go on for years and destroy their program for longer than ever thought possible.

They need research the idea and application of "sunk cost"
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Is he hinting that the Chuck and Yancy types may have some trouble in regards to leaking Leo & Kobe's names? That's my best guess based on zero inside info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Good times

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Is he hinting that the Chuck and Yancy types may have some trouble in regards to leaking Leo & Kobe's names? That's my best guess based on zero inside info.
    Whoever at Ole Miss gave them those names is the one who should be worried, VERY worried. That isn't a civil suite thing, it's federal criminal law. It also carries some extremely adverse consequences for the university. If FERPA applies somebody is in big trouble.

vCash
    It at least sounded to me like Freeze is involved. The reference of the 2013 Freeze tweet language about "not disparaging these young men or their families". I'm just guessing, obviously, and may be reading too much into what Steve said. Looking forward to finding out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Whoever at Ole Miss gave them those names is the one who should be worried, VERY worried. That isn't a civil suite thing, it's federal criminal law. It also carries some extremely adverse consequences for the university. If FERPA applies somebody is in big trouble.
    FERPA applies only to educational records. As I understand the law, I do not think it prohibits the release of a student's name in relation to something not specifically connected to their educational record.

So, the question becomes...is any testimony provided to the NCAA investigative branch as it relates to potential recruiting violations considered part of that student's "educational record"? If yes, then they are in potentially big legal trouble. If not, then they may not be in legal trouble, but have still most likely pissed off the NCAA even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    I think y'all nailed it

Banned
    vCash
    does this opinion seem to coincide with the boneyard hints? or am I missing something?

vCash
    Completely agree. I was thinking there may be penalties for who told the masses (Yancy, Chuck types) also, not just for whoever told them individually. I think both may be a no-no but Im not an expert by any means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    does this opinion seem to coincide with the boneyard hints? or am I missing something?
    That's what I got from listening the Boneyard from last Thursday plus today's.
    Last edited by Coldsleeve Jr.; 06-26-2017 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    FERPA applies only to educational records. As I understand the law, I do not think it prohibits the release of a student's name in relation to something not specifically connected to their educational record.

So, the question becomes...is any testimony provided to the NCAA investigative branch as it relates to potential recruiting violations considered part of that student's "educational record"? If yes, then they are in potentially big legal trouble. If not, then they may not be in legal trouble, but have still most likely pissed off the NCAA even more.
    I've had a lawyer tell me it does apply.

vCash
    I've had a lawyer tell me it does apply.
    Makes sense because what is said in those interviews can directly affect if a student athlete is still a student athlete.

vCash
    Sounds like Freezus might just get his wings clipped and fall into the BIG hypocrite bucket.

They better wrap the trunks in the Grove with metal to protect them once this hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post

Education is a lot more than academic, ESPECIALLY when it applies to athletes. Athletics opens up so many more possibilities for FERPA violations it's crazy.

vCash
    Rosebowl said on Boneyard, that some people in Lafayette Co. may be dodging process servers today, sounds like a counter suit to me or a lawsuit against the people who released the name.