Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kegler

vCash

Kegler

Boy... this just has to tick you off.

If the media wants to stand up for the player's right to transfer, then so be it, but this is WRONG

This is doing the university wrong and I wish someone would call out Carter and Kegler for it.

If the kid is unhappy, then I don't have an issue with him transferring, but this doesn't necessarily insinuate that. This reeks of tampering and a middleman getting involved.

If schools are going to be demanded to allow kids to transfer, then there should at least be some accountability on the other side of that for the player and his handler to do it correctly. People like Carter have ruined college basketball.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joeltcole...76693835726849
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He has to sit out a year right?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    He has to sit out a year right?
    Yes

vCash
    I'm not sure what he expects it to be like elsewhere. Anyway, time to move on.

vCash
    There are a myriad of scenarios that could have played out and who knows what is true. At the extreme end of devil's advocate maybe he was expecting us to get a grad transfer PF and when we didn't he and Carter were pissed that he'd have to play the 4 some this year. Maybe they just wanted to stick it to Howland. Maybe he's just indecisive. Who knows.

But it's over. The point still remains that a combination of the 1-done and the AAU hype and handlers have ruined college basketball.

Banned
    vCash
    Nothing would make me happier than to ban Carter's bitch ass from our campus for life. Never recruit one of his crybabies again. Set the grass on fire and watch the snake burn. Guy is toxic to basketball careers. If you want yours to die let Ohmar Carter be your handler.

vCash
    I wonder how much losing Brooks had to do with Kegler transferring...I talked to Carter in The Hump last December and he said then that Mario was unhappy playing the 4. Mario may have been counting on Brooks to fill the 4 slot and allowing him to slide over to the 3 and when Brooks bailed, he figured he was gonna have to play the 4 some more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    I wonder how much losing Brooks had to do with Kegler transferring...I talked to Carter in The Hump last December and he said then that Mario was unhappy playing the 4. Mario may have been counting on Brooks to fill the 4 slot and allowing him to slide over to the 3 and when Brooks bailed, he figured he was gonna have to play the 4 some more.
    Who knows, but if not playing 4 was his primary reason for transferring then he's in for a rude awakening after he sits a year just to find himself playing the 4 for Baylor as much as he did here.

vCash
    Rumor that howland has said he is done with carter's kids. No clue how true that is.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Rumor that howland has said he is done with carter's kids. No clue how true that is.
    Howland listens to me, he should just text/call me, I can help faster that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Howland listens to me, he should just text/call me, I can help faster that way
    There is a very simple solution to this mess. Since, scholarships are a year to year contract, require your players to re-sign their scholarship 1 week after their exit interview with the coach (1 week to allow the players to consider the coaches comments). I really don't think this would require a rule change (I may be mistaken) because the player and the school are only reaffirming a contract that is already in place.
    I know there is a NCAA rule against pulling a scholarship for athletic performance. I am not talking about pulling a scholly. However a coach can communicate to the player his thoughts on the players opportunity for playing time the upcoming season.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Sounds good to me. We will be better off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Brooks wasn't going to get that many minutes this year to matter that much of what Kegler was going to do. We still have Holman and Feazell who will eat those minutes at the four. He was still going to get as many minutes as he wanted to at the three but he was going to have to play the four if we went to a smaller lineup anyway. Now, he wasn't going to be the top offensive priority on this team or even the second option on this team. He was going to have to improve his game and not hang out on the perimeter but drive to the basket more and draw fouls and get to the freethrow line more and expand his ways to score. He was also going to have to majorly improve his defense and rebounding. Only getting five rebounds a game at 6'7" and 230 is just wrong. He should have been able to get 7-8. Those 9.6 ppg should have been upwards of 11-12 as well for his size if he expanded his ways to score. He didn't have a single 20+ point game the whole year and he was supposed to be this great scorer. To me, he was one of the more disappointing players we had last year with the potential he had. I do agree with Coach Howland I think this move will be addition by subtraction because hungrier players who want to be here will now get that chance instead of the minute sink that was Kegler.

vCash
    Pretty easy to do that as well when you have recruiters on your staff like Coach McCray and Coach Zeigler. Just go after those recruits instead of going with Coach Brooks' guys which included among them were Newman, Garrison Brooks, and now Kegler. I think you grab Robert Woodard (I know he's a Brooks guy but he is a legacy and too talented to pass up), DJ Stewart (another Brooks guy), and then grab a F/C that is a McCray/Zeigler guy. I think that is probably the way we will go for 2018.

Banned
    vCash
    Hurricane Mitch Storm gonna make us all forget about Kegler.

vCash
    College BB's fan base will continue to dwindle across the Country, as a whole. I dropped the NBA about 15 years ago because of players dictating when and where they play and it's gotten worse , the professional game will destroy itself and the college game will follow. I say find kids who are willing to be coached and play defense and let the chips fall where they may. I'm done with the " owe me" attitude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Who knows, but if not playing 4 was his primary reason for transferring then he's in for a rude awakening after he sits a year just to find himself playing the 4 for Baylor as much as he did here.
    Correct. Kegler is a 4 that wants to play the 3. He may not be tough enough for the 4 though.

vCash
    What about DJ Stewart? Think we snag him?

vCash
    Thanks for giving us a year Kegler. Too bad your gonna miss out on this team turning some heads in the next 2 years. We don't need Divas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Brooks wasn't going to get that many minutes this year to matter that much of what Kegler was going to do. We still have Holman and Feazell who will eat those minutes at the four. He was still going to get as many minutes as he wanted to at the three but he was going to have to play the four if we went to a smaller lineup anyway. Now, he wasn't going to be the top offensive priority on this team or even the second option on this team. He was going to have to improve his game and not hang out on the perimeter but drive to the basket more and draw fouls and get to the freethrow line more and expand his ways to score. He was also going to have to majorly improve his defense and rebounding. Only getting five rebounds a game at 6'7" and 230 is just wrong. He should have been able to get 7-8. Those 9.6 ppg should have been upwards of 11-12 as well for his size if he expanded his ways to score. He didn't have a single 20+ point game the whole year and he was supposed to be this great scorer. To me, he was one of the more disappointing players we had last year with the potential he had. I do agree with Coach Howland I think this move will be addition by subtraction because hungrier players who want to be here will now get that chance instead of the minute sink that was Kegler.
    From a logical perspective, I agree. I just don't see a lot of logic in any aspect of that move any more than I saw any from Malik and his.

I'm good with both moves as we certainly don't need any drama from unhappy players and their "handlers" stirring the pot. As long as Xavian's knee holds up, we'll be better off.