Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
Brooks wasn't going to get that many minutes this year to matter that much of what Kegler was going to do. We still have Holman and Feazell who will eat those minutes at the four. He was still going to get as many minutes as he wanted to at the three but he was going to have to play the four if we went to a smaller lineup anyway. Now, he wasn't going to be the top offensive priority on this team or even the second option on this team. He was going to have to improve his game and not hang out on the perimeter but drive to the basket more and draw fouls and get to the freethrow line more and expand his ways to score. He was also going to have to majorly improve his defense and rebounding. Only getting five rebounds a game at 6'7" and 230 is just wrong. He should have been able to get 7-8. Those 9.6 ppg should have been upwards of 11-12 as well for his size if he expanded his ways to score. He didn't have a single 20+ point game the whole year and he was supposed to be this great scorer. To me, he was one of the more disappointing players we had last year with the potential he had. I do agree with Coach Howland I think this move will be addition by subtraction because hungrier players who want to be here will now get that chance instead of the minute sink that was Kegler.
This isn't program crippling but Mario would've helped us this year.