Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baseball roster

vCash

baseball roster

My son just returned from campus. His story is 6 players are leaving. Bragg, Blaylock, Rigsby, Jolly, Plumlee, and Mahoney. Anyone can confirm?

vCash
    Blaylock is confirmed, others not yet

vCash
    Bragg is out also

vCash
    and Marze ?

vCash
    Bragg just hit a bomb in his first summer league ab

vCash
    why is Bragg leaving? he has the look of a right handed Deichman.....I thought he was a sure fire starter next year.....Rigby I don't understand either.....I figured to see Plumlee next year, due to his popularity on the team...if all these leave the team, and the coaching staff change, you can certainly see Cannizaro is making a HUGE stamp on having his team.....its easy to see he and Cohen probably don't share the same player philosophy......gonna have a complete overhaul next year.....seems this has been a trend for MSU teams the last 3-4 years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beretta View Post
    why is Bragg leaving? he has the look of a right handed Deichman.....I thought he was a sure fire starter next year.....Rigby I don't understand either.....I figured to see Plumlee next year, due to his popularity on the team...if all these leave the team, and the coaching staff change, you can certainly see Cannizaro is making a HUGE stamp on having his team.....its easy to see he and Cohen probably don't share the same player philosophy......gonna have a complete overhaul next year.....seems this has been a trend for MSU teams the last 3-4 years...
    Cann expects the players on his team to practice hard everyday, follow the rules, and trust the coaches 100%. That's all I'm going to say about those three.

I'm not sure how much of an overhaul that we'll really have. Our MIF and CF returns intact with returning SEC veterans and I'm pretty sure MacNamee will probably play a lot. We also return our top two starters and our top two bullpen guys.

Turnover like that is just life in college baseball especially the SEC where if your team is any good you are going to lose guys after their junior year. Unless you are LSU of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    and Marze ?
    Not a surprise. He's had multiple surgeries and he was a gamble to recruit in the first place because of that.

vCash
    Mahoney- sucks losing him, the absolute anchor of our amazing Junior class this year*****
    Plumlee- will suck if we lose him, pretty good at long relief
    Blaylock- prolly pissed about how he was used as a last resort pitcher and had 50 K's way before the halfway point of the season
    Bragg- I think he should have played more, he prolly thought so too
    Rigby- hated Henderson
    Jolly- ERA north of 6, was going to be tough for him to get a spot anyway next year

vCash
    Bragg- was in the dog house all year.
    Rigby- daddy does not like henderson
    Marze- highly likely won't pitch again after multiple arm issues
    Blaylock- wants more playing time
    Mahoney-zero role on this team

Just remember we had our lowest team gpa in 10 years and multiple other problems. So it's expected that we will have high turnover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Bragg- was in the dog house all year.
    Rigby- daddy does not like henderson
    Marze- highly likely won't pitch again after multiple arm issues
    Blaylock- wants more playing time
    Mahoney-zero role on this team

Just remember we had our lowest team gpa in 10 years and multiple other problems. So it's expected that we will have high turnover.
    That is understandable. It sucks being a fan of a team and then making it only to find out you aren't good enough to play at that level. Who knows if he would have been able to redshirt if that changes things but he really should have never been on the field this year.

vCash
    Heard you can add Reed Smith also. Don't have a clue why.

Ahh... See there is already a thread up on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is understandable. It sucks being a fan of a team and then making it only to find out you aren't good enough to play at that level. Who knows if he would have been able to redshirt if that changes things but he really should have never been on the field this year.
    He redshirted last year.

vCash
    Macnamee hit a bomb last night, and Mangum has started out red hot in the Cape. Hitting .455.

vCash
    I think he could have if he had waited his turn. But I've also heard he hurt his arm too so that's more likely why he left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Macnamee hit a bomb last night, and Mangum has started out red hot in the Cape. Hitting .455.
    Where you keep up, twitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    He redshirted last year.
    Well he might just be better suited at a lower level then. He is a great athlete but that doesn't mean he can hit SEC level pitching.

vCash
    Well he might just be better suited at a lower level then. He is a great athlete but that doesn't mean he can hit SEC level pitching.
    If Blaylock quits, then it's an unwise move...he is a developmental prospect and he was given opportunities to play

Look at Rooker's progression from Red-Shirt to his Junior year, a totally different player. Same for Arkansas' Spanberger. The Arkansas kid was horrible for 2 years, good for 1/2 a year, and then became Barry Bonds for 1/2 a year.

Year-by-Year for Spanberger

2015 - hit 0.252 with 0-HRs with 30% K
    2016 - hit 0.225 with 6-HRs with 40% K
    2017 - hit 0.305 with 20-HRs with 27% k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Where you keep up, twitter?
    Yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he could have if he had waited his turn. But I've also heard he hurt his arm too so that's more likely why he left.
    Not his arm at all. He's in perfect condition. Just has higher aspirations and not getting chances to get at bats in won't get him there. He still had a scholly and opportunity to return but obviously walked away for an opportunity to get at bats daily. Playing everyday in summer all so my guess would be the arm is not an issue.