Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bad as I hate to say it, I think the coon asses are going to beat OSU today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think it affected them as much as the umpires bullshit strike zone. You could beat the 27 Yankees if you are given the other batter's box.
    Yeah, that zone was BS

vCash
    No one is saying that he's bad as a coach- but he was on the hot seat and had to fire his hitting coach before he got Cann. I think Manieri is past his prime personally and Cann is the reason for THIS CURRENT team that he has. We are saying that he won't make LSU a dynasty which is probably what would have happened if Cann had stayed there like Manieri wanted. Their hitting was bad before Cann got there and he turned it around. Kramer Robertson basically said that Cann saved his career. If he does not hire Cann, they are not in Omaha right now. Period.

Manieri does not have the ties that Cann does- and that is huge in college baseball recruiting. If you can accurately predict a player's signability and know "who to" recruit that is an advantage that few have. And one that LSU had until this year.

There is a reason why Manieri has acted like a complete bitch about Cann leaving- and he better hope that he wins it this year because we're going to make it a LOT tougher in the coming years.
    He better hope that no one hires Henderson as a HC this year otherwise Dunn is ours. If you saw implosion by us getting Cann, could you imagine after we got Dunn? Mangina's days would be numbered then even if he did win it this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I certainly think Cann is gonna be very successful here. I'm just not jumping on the we bout to leave lsu in the dust mantra.
    Well, that's because as I seen it says "you don't realize what we got in a head coach". You won't notice it until 2019 though which is when Cann's first class will be on campus where he recruited half the class or more.

We are going to have a lot more MLB influence in our recruiting going forward than you realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He better hope that no one hires Henderson as a HC this year otherwise Dunn is ours. If you saw implosion by us getting Cann, could you imagine after we got Dunn? Mangina's days would be numbered then even if he did win it this year.
    I think that eventually happens to be honest with you. Our staff should be really good next year- and Henderson will get a lot of credit for it and rightfully so. Manieri would be livid.

But I'll be honest I really like TCU's pitching coach. He seems to be more Cann-esque. Whoever our next PC is I want them to have MLB/pro ties like Derek Johnson who was the PC at Vandy and was able to land all of their big time guys and is now the Brewers PC. So, obviously we won't get him but I wouldn't be surprised if Cann has or knows someone with similar scouting or agent ties that no one knows about or thinks of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right on, Todd! I know a lot of the kids Canns recruiting, especially 2019-2020 kids. Been coaching against a lot of them since they were 8. And that's kids from all over the Southeast. Hes recruiting the elite and we are gonna take a huge step forward in talent. It may take a couple years but we are going to blow up.
    I can not wait! I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch and see how it all develops and grows with our new stadium coming too. I think we will be in Omaha pretty soon- maybe even next year if the freshmen step up, which I can't count on.

Comparing Cann's first year to Cohen's first year is incredible in and of itself to realize how far we have come from that point.

vCash
    The future looks bright for State. I hope the next time we get a chance to deny LSU a trip to Omaha, we get it done. We're not there yet but we're close.

vCash
    I think that eventually happens to be honest with you. Our staff should be really good next year- and Henderson will get a lot of credit for it and rightfully so. Manieri would be livid.

But I'll be honest I really like TCU's pitching coach. He seems to be more Cann-esque. Whoever our next PC is I want them to have MLB/pro ties like Derek Johnson who was the PC at Vandy and was able to land all of their big time guys and is now the Brewers PC. So, obviously we won't get him but I wouldn't be surprised if Cann has or knows someone with similar scouting or agent ties that no one knows about or thinks of.
    You know who tcu pitching coach is right? kirk sarloos. He was an all American at cal state Fullerton. Same time Cann was one at Tulane I believe. And I think he pitched against us in super regional at cal state in I believe 2001 and shoved it up our a**.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You know who tcu pitching coach is right? kirk sarloos. He was an all American at cal state Fullerton. Same time Cann was one at Tulane I believe. And I think he pitched against us in super regional at cal state in I believe 2001 and shoved it up our a**.
    Indeed. Probably not that realistic as far as getting him to MSU though.

vCash
    Indeed. Probably not that realistic as far as getting him to MSU though.
    He and Cann were both all Americans in 2001 and played each other in both teams' third game of the CWS. Gotreau was an all American on that tulane team too. So they all know each other. Would not surprise me at all if he is a primary candidate should our pitching job open.

Banned
    vCash
    I wanna see LSU vs Florida just for pure entertainment purposes. The trash talking between the two schools fans on SEC Rant alone is worth buying extra popcorn for. They were already talking shit to each other before Regionals even started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I wanna see LSU vs Florida just for pure entertainment purposes. The trash talking between the two schools fans on SEC Rant alone is worth buying extra popcorn for. They were already talking shit to each other before Regionals even started.
    Jorts vs corn dogs. My two least favorite coaches in the game. Would be a bitch fest. Guarantee they'd be seeing who can out bitch the other.

vCash
    I'd be all for a UF-LSU final. For one it would force the NCAA to eat a dick. They tried like hell to avoid that very scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    I'd be all for a UF-LSU final. For one it would force the NCAA to eat a dick. They tried like hell to avoid that very scenario.
    Hank or Matt?

vCash

I agree Todd. Kirk Saarloos is a helluva pitching coach. Heck'uva player too at

CSF if I'm not mistaken. Can't believe somebody hasn't hired him as a h/c yet.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Florida gonna win. Lsu running out of pitching

vCash
    Florida gonna win. Lsu running out of pitching
    Florida threw their ace tonight. And looked like he got a little injury. I hope you're right. Even for LSU standards, Lange might not pitch again until Wednesday if necessary. Should be the most interesting finals ever.

vCash
    Florida threw their ace tonight. And looked like he got a little injury. I hope you're right. Even for LSU standards, Lange might not pitch again until Wednesday if necessary. Should be the most interesting finals ever.
    Florida is loaded with pitching. Walker injury is a killer for lsu. If his "elbow tightness" is TJ, forget '18 season too. Lange threw for lsu yesterday, so he's most likely done too

vCash
    I fully expect the Florida baseball team to suffer non life-threatening hamstring injuries after running out of their hotel after some LSU fan sets of the fire alarm being good natured fans.

vCash
    Florida is loaded with pitching. Walker injury is a killer for lsu. If his "elbow tightness" is TJ, forget '18 season too. Lange threw for lsu yesterday, so he's most likely done too
    Oh- they will pitch Lange at least once.

vCash
    Oh- they will pitch Lange at least once.
    Prob so... I hope Florida wins game 1 forcing lsu to use him game 2. I'm sure Theo Epstein will be cursing