Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
The Mitchell Miller Question:

MM was a PG-10 recruit in 2016 that we released to Clemson because he did not want be at MSU after signing day...wonder if Cann is expecting many non-signees to actually show up on campus.

Seriously - Miller, Coffers, Goldwater, and Whitman all signed in 2016 and all are somewhere else without ever playing or practicing for us. All these dudes are probably dead weight to an SEC team - except maybe Miller

The point is - expect some volatility in the behavior of signees flocking to MSUs void of upper classmen pitchers.
Whitman is pitching for Auburn I think? To me, and I usually don't say this too much- but what Miller did to us was pretty shitty. You stay committed and apparently the whole time you're trying to leverage a scholarship from Clemson. Which is fine- but if you're going to do that go ahead and de-commit in May so that whatever school you are committed to can give someone else that scholarship. Don't wait until August when it's time to report to do it.

Coffers had some family issues in Florida if I remember correctly and that was why he bailed on us.

Goldwater was here in the fall and struggled so I'm pretty sure he would not have contributed much if anything.