Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ya'll hearing anything about several guys being removed from the baseball team??

vCash
    Plumlee wasn't let go for his on-field performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    He was let go last week.
    It was a bad joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    That makes a lot more sense

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    What happened?

vCash
    There has been a change in work ethic as well as a no drugs allowed policy. People that cant adhere to both of those are eliminated from the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    This is normal, let the process happen. Cann got a SR with a destroyed team, next season the team is still destroyed but with many new and talented freshmen and dependable sophomores

Given that he won't have home games for a while, 2018 is a another rough ride.

2019, it's all Cannizzaro players and TJs will all be producing or playing in the SoCon. 2019 and 2020 is our year, but Cann might be 0-8 against LSU by then
    What are the plans for games next year. I can't find a 2018 schedule

vCash
    Ford is still In the mix but the other guys on the previously mentioned list are out. Primarily work ethic and off field related.

vCash
    Rigby's situation is very unfortunate. I hate to see him go. I think the carousel of pitching coaches and then the change of head coach just caught him. He seemed pretty solid last year. Henderson and he evidently must've butted heads immediately. Henderson is supposedly the opposite personality-wise from Wes Johnson. Different strokes for different folks. Senior leadership will definitely be lacking next season.

A good friend of mine's son (bullpen pitcher) got caught in a similar situation when Norm DeBriyn retired and Dave Van Horn became HC at AR. New coaches want their guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Ford is still In the mix but the other guys on the previously mentioned list are out. Primarily work ethic and off field related.
    If our major 2015 recruits like: Ford, Small, Padgett, and Hughes are producers next season, this changes everything. All will be 18 months post-TJ. Hughes and Ford are even doing summer ball. LSU and TCU have many 1-year TJs that comeback nice and sharp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    He was let go last week.
    That was the joke, Ted.

JDog, ultimate troll.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    My guy tells me Coggin won't be back.
    Really?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    There has been a change in work ethic as well as a no drugs allowed policy. People that cant adhere to both of those are eliminated from the team.
    THIS!!!! And I got persecuted a couple weeks ago for stating this about certain players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    THIS!!!! And I got persecuted a couple weeks ago for stating this about certain players.
    Bc you mentioned players by name and speculated drug use.

vCash
    Plumlee failed his NCAA Super Regional drug test and is suspended by the NCAA for 365 days from that date. Let's just say Plum liked to hit the ski slopes. AC is cleaning up this shit and he won't be the last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    Plumlee failed his NCAA Super Regional drug test and is suspended by the NCAA for 365 days from that date. Let's just say Plum liked to hit the ski slopes. AC is cleaning up this shit and he won't be the last.
    And we allowed him to play anyway? Or did the results come back after the SR?

vCash
    Glad to hear Ford won't be leaving. I thought he got better and better the more he pitched late in the year. A good summer and fall could lead to him being a big contributor in '18. We know he has the stuff, if he can get that fastball back to 91+ consistently I think he'll be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    Yes "skiing" is quite the problem on our baseball team.

vCash
    Results just came in this past week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Glad to hear Ford won't be leaving. I thought he got better and better the more he pitched late in the year. A good summer and fall could lead to him being a big contributor in '18. We know he has the stuff, if he can get that fastball back to 91+ consistently I think he'll be fine
    His last game of the season he consistently hit 87 and his velocity is above that now. He had a decent outing in his summer league game but struggled a little with control. I think his biggest problem right now is just mental...afraid of hurting it again. I've read where being afraid to just let it fly can be an issue for some, they just have to get past it. Hugh's has pitched some too and appears to have a control problem right now.

vCash
    His last game of the season he consistently hit 87 and his velocity is above that now. He had a decent outing in his summer league game but struggled a little with control. I think his biggest problem right now is just mental...afraid of hurting it again. I've read where being afraid to just let it fly can be an issue for some, they just have to get past it. Hugh's has pitched some too and appears to have a control problem right now.
    What's up with small? I desperately want a high velocity lh reliever