Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ya'll hearing anything about several guys being removed from the baseball team??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Was he lucky on sexton, hump, Collins, rooker, pilk, and Hudson too?
    I think a lot of those guys came in before Cohen started to get burned out. It probably would have been a gradual decline. But it's one we won't get to experience now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well players and parents if you are reading...

Handle your business and abide by the program rules that our head coach sets forth and you will be successful. If not then hit the ****ing bricks. How bout that? Simple enough?
    You make playing at this level sound so easy. If only handling your business and abiding by the rules worked all the time. Plenty of outstanding athletes get into high level programs and aren't successful just.by following these simple rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
    You make playing at this level sound so easy. If only handling your business and abiding by the rules worked all the time. Plenty of outstanding athletes get into high level programs and aren't successful just.by following these simple rules.
    Playing at this level isn't easy. Following some simple rules, should be. I know. Been there done that. Does that mean they all follow the rules? Nope. But doesn't make it less important.

vCash
    Think He was speaking towards staying in line off the field. Not guaranteeing doing so would make you a success on the field.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Come on give me a break I know it's not the end all be all of being successful AS A PLAYER. It's the context of this conversation though where this is appropriate. So you're gonna argue that players should be cut slack if they struggle with the rules a little? Is that what you're saying?

vCash
    It does seem to me like our fans in general are more quick to defend our baseball players than the other athletes at MSU. It seems like it has been that way for years though. I'm not sure why. It always seemed a little odd to me.

Maybe that's just my perception though.

vCash
    It's not, Todd. I think my tendency as a white guy is to be racist about it. Baseball players are mostly white, so that means they are kids who made a "bad decision", where black football players are "thugs". But truly there isn't hardly a difference. I am praying for God to guard me against such a tragic view. But it's the natural route for many of us, sadly.

vCash
    Guys, Cohen took us to a natty and won the sec for the first time in 25 years. He was not a scrub. In this league, the difference between first and last is really small. See Arkansas last year to this year. Cohen ran a really tight ship on the field.If you don't believe me ask the people who played for him. His players were hard nosed and tough. He may let a little slide off the field as long you brought it everyday on the field.. Every coach is different which is why we're seeing turnover. Cannizaro wants his guys. Cannizaro and Cohen are both great baseball minds but think in much different ways. Some of y'all act like Cohen was Rick Ray or Croom.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm not staying smoking pot is good but I do believe some of the penalties can be excessive. Hate to break it to some of you but there's a lot of productive MLB players these days that smoke weed.

Here's an article on the subject that portrays a more enlightened and modern day opinion on baseball and pot.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...rijuana-121116
    Not that it really matters which one it was, but there is a lot of conflicting info in this thread on the actual drug of choice. "Hittin the slopes" and smoking weed ain't even close to the same thing.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 06-25-2017 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    Hate to break it to some of you but there's a lot of productive MLB players these days that smoke weed.
    Not only that, but there are millions of productive people at every level of society that smoke weed....professors, engineers, police officers, high school teachers, bankers, plumbers, etc. It's ubiquitous in American culture.

Now, hitting slopes, bumpin' rails, bangin' bars, etc.....or free-base'n....

...or doing heroin? Not as much production coming out of those people....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Not that it really matters which one it was, but there is a lot of conflicting info in this thread on the actual drug of choice. "Hittin the slopes" and smoking weed ain't even close to the same thing.
    You are right..and weed is not the problem.

vCash
    Hey Mods: this whole thread needs to be deleted because it's too depressing and I look more stupid than usual with what I posted.

I look forward to Cannizzaro shaping the program and roster for championships but people like me messed up the conversation and made it too negative. Meanwhile in Gainesville and Baton Rouge they are dreaming of a title by the end of the work week.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not only that, but there are millions of productive people at every level of society that smoke weed....professors, engineers, police officers, high school teachers, bankers, plumbers, etc. It's ubiquitous in American culture.

Yep. Lol at "hitting the slopes" though. I never saw that reference before today, thought it was a CO reference therefore I was thinking weed. Lol. By the way, what the hell DOES it mean?

vCash
    Yep. Lol at "hitting the slopes" though. I never saw that reference before today, thought it was a CO reference therefore I was thinking weed. Lol. By the way, what the hell DOES it mean?
    Cocaine right? Powder, not crack.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Hey Mods: this whole thread needs to be deleted because it's too depressing and I look more stupid than usual with what I posted.

I look forward to Cannizzaro shaping the program and roster for championships but people like me messed up the conversation and made it too negative. Meanwhile in Gainesville and Baton Rouge they are dreaming of a title by the end of the work week.
    Oh shit no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Not going to ask where you found this. I laughed, though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Cocaine right? Powder, not crack.
    That is correct. We'd have some serious issues if anyone on the baseball team was doing crack...haha. That's not exactly a typical college student's go-to fix.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Me too, LMAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    One of the oldest videos on the interwebs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It's not, Todd. I think my tendency as a white guy is to be racist about it. Baseball players are mostly white, so that means they are kids who made a "bad decision", where black football players are "thugs". But truly there isn't hardly a difference. I am praying for God to guard me against such a tragic view. But it's the natural route for many of us, sadly.
    Good grief man. Way to jump off the cliff.