Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ya'll hearing anything about several guys being removed from the baseball team??

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well players and parents if you are reading...

Handle your business and abide by the program rules that our head coach sets forth and you will be successful. If not then hit the ****ing bricks. How bout that? Simple enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    That was the joke, Ted.

JDog, ultimate troll.

Well Bob, lame ass joke.

Bob, ultimate lame joke troll evaluator.
    Last edited by Coldsleeve Jr.; 06-24-2017 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well players and parents if you are reading...

Handle your business and abide by the program rules that our head coach sets forth and you will be successful. If not then hit the ****ing bricks. How bout that? Simple enough?
    +1000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Are you saying that Brent Rooker smokes pot?
    The best of my knowledge Rooker is as great as they come and deserves every bit of success he gets. I'll be honest, you seem to know more than the average poster on this board and with that being said you have to know that there are bigger issues than an occasional joint. And yes, there are plenty of great, hardworking guys that adhere to the rules. Then there are those that don't and I guess they'll either get away with it or it'll catch up with them eventually. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
    The best of my knowledge Rooker is as great as they come and deserves every bit of success he gets. I'll be honest, you seem to know more than the average poster on this board and with that being said you have to know that there are bigger issues than an occasional joint. And yes, there are plenty of great, hardworking guys that adhere to the rules. Then there are those that don't and I guess they'll either get away with it or it'll catch up with them eventually. We'll see.
    I agree. I was just joking about Rooker.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not staying smoking pot is good but I do believe some of the penalties can be excessive. Hate to break it to some of you but there's a lot of productive MLB players these days that smoke weed.

Here's an article on the subject that portrays a more enlightened and modern day opinion on baseball and pot.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...rijuana-121116

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
    Hi Mr Plumblee.
    Romans 5:8

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm not staying smoking pot is good but I do believe some of the penalties can be excessive. Hate to break it to some of you but there's a lot of productive MLB players these days that smoke weed.

Here's an article on the subject that portrays a more enlightened and modern day opinion on baseball and pot.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...rijuana-121116
    I could care less what guys do. But until it's legal in college and MLB then it's dumb to do it and chance a failed test. Once it becomes legal then do whatever the **** you want. Until then don't do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I thought all of this was getting changed when Cohen took over from Polk. Well, the work ethic part anyway. Had Cohen been letting everything go soft the last few years?
    I started wondering the same as I got deeper into this thread. Sounds like the Intense Bastard went soft on us. I recall someone here talking about how he had sold his soul a bit last year to get us back on top. Seemed ridiculous, but you look at a guy like Marrero, and he's got clubhouse cancer written all over him. I wondered what else was going on. We got part of our answer when Marrero was suspended, and the rest of the story is coming out. Kinda makes me lose some respect for Cohen and appreciate Cann even more.

vCash
    Ross Mitchell - The horrible senior year

I think the consensus opinion was that the new baseball ruined his previous advantages and ball movement. But, the kid himself looked ragged by his senior season. In appearance he went from a citizen of Mayberry to a Austin Texas fried brain.

Wonder if the Cohen party culture ruined Mitchell and consequently the entire 2015 season.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I could care less what guys do. But until it's legal in college and MLB then it's dumb to do it and chance a failed test. Once it becomes legal then do whatever the **** you want. Until then don't do it.
    Not bad advice. I just hope our pot polices are consistent with other SEC programs. I Will also admit to being more concerned with us winning than how many players who smoke weed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

I think the consensus opinion was that the new baseball ruined his previous advantages and ball movement. But, the kid himself looked ragged by his senior season. In appearance he went from a citizen of Mayberry to a Austin Texas fried brain.

Wonder if the Cohen party culture ruined Mitchell and consequently the entire 2015 season.
    Y'all just running with it, aren't ya? Haha

If our "party culture" led to a sec championship and a national seed last year, I hope we keep it

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Ross Mitchell wasn't anything close to a party animal. While many were out partying, Ross was sharing the gospel.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Y'all just running with it, aren't ya? Haha

If our "party culture" led to a sec championship and a national seed last year, I hope we keep it
    delete - I'm just mad about LSU today
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-24-2017 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    He was just lucky that he found Kruger and Lowe on the waiver wire. That whole 2015 team was accidental, no design at all. We were expecting total implosion to start the year and it was supposed to be JCs last season unless he won 16 games.

Yep, JC's expectations were so low in 2016, he needed to make a Regional and it was not clear that we could.
    Was he lucky on sexton, hump, Collins, rooker, pilk, and Hudson too?

vCash
    How long are some of you on here going to keep trashing Cohen? I know that is the MSU thing to do...eat our own...but damn..he was a damn good coach and will be a good AD.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Was he lucky on sexton, hump, Collins, rooker, pilk, and Hudson too?
    I'm not thinking right today, I blame my jealousy of LSU today

vCash
    I'm not thinking right today, I blame jealousy of LSU
    Understandable haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I started wondering the same as I got deeper into this thread. Sounds like the Intense Bastard went soft on us. I recall someone here talking about how he had sold his soul a bit last year to get us back on top. Seemed ridiculous, but you look at a guy like Marrero, and he's got clubhouse cancer written all over him. I wondered what else was going on. We got part of our answer when Marrero was suspended, and the rest of the story is coming out. Kinda makes me lose some respect for Cohen and appreciate Cann even more.
    I think he may have went soft or at least lost his interest in coaching baseball is probably more accurate to say. But to his credit- he at least stepped down instead of turning our program into a dumpster fire and he hired a great coach to replace him and left him enough talent to make a SR. So, we're in pretty good shape right now. And a lot of that is because of Cohen. He also knew to hire Cannizaro and he orchestrated that at apparently Def-Con 5 level.

Maybe the selling his soul part was referring to hiring a pitching coach that he knew wouldn't stay here for long. The story about him going after Nate Lowe after we got swept in 2015 by Tennessee to have a losing season is legendary in some ways- and tells me that he still cared on some level at least.

vCash

I'm not saying who did and who didn't smoke pot in 2015 because I don't know- but lack of discipline applies to other areas besides drug use. I think the general lack of discipline probably affected the 2015 team a lot. In whatever ways that manifests itself.

I think Cohen also realized or was starting to realize that to get to Vandy, Florida, LSU levels of talent he was going to have to hire someone with a MLB scouting background. Because what he was doing wasn't quite cutting it to that elite level.