Thread: MSU baseball commits

vCash

MSU baseball commits

Won PG state player of the year for New York (Quenton Holmes), Michigan (Bryce Bush), and Mississippi (JT Ginn).

vCash
    Which are coming to school

vCash
    Bush and Ginn are 2018 guys. Not sure about Bush but early reviews on Ginn coming to school are positive.

vCash
    Ginn would be a huge get. He is a two way player correct? I know he can run it up to mid 90s but also doesn't he hit very well? Is Bush really good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Ginn would be a huge get. He is a two way player correct? I know he can run it up to mid 90s but also doesn't he hit very well? Is Bush really good?
    From what little I've read, it looks like it breaks down like this so far:

Studs/truly top players, likely to go pro based on rank:
    Carter Stewart (#22 PG)
    Cole Winn (#31 PG)
    Jeremiah Jackson (#34 PG)
    JT Ginn (obviously we've heard good reports about him coming to school, but we'll see) (#45 PG)
    Basiel Williams (#51 PG)

Highly-ranked, could lose to draft, likely top college players if they come:
    Sam Knowlton (#134 PG)
    Hayden Jones (#142 PG)
    Bryce Bush (#203 PG)
    Luke Hancock (#215 PG)

Likely to come to school:
    Brandon Smith (#408 PG)
    Bryce Brock (top 500)
    Will Morrison (top 500)
    Landon Jordan (top 500)
    Regi Grace (top 500)
    Hunter Eldridge (top 500)
    Last edited by smootness; 06-23-2017 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    And just FYI, here's where PG ranked our 2017 signees:

Quentin Holmes (#35) - going pro
    Jordan Anderson (#62) - coming to school
    Bryce Hutchinson (#98) - going pro
    Chad Bryant (#99) - coming to school
    Owen Lovell (#154) - coming to school
    Josh Hatcher (#164) - coming to school
    Tanner Allen (#176) - coming to school
    Jordan Westburg (#262) - coming to school

I don't think there's been enough talk about just how sick this 2017 class could be. As a reference, Ashcraft was #90, Reed Smith 208, Self 215, and Skelton 352.

And yes, unfortunately OM's 2016 class was stupid. 5 guys in the top 77, got all of them to school.
    Last edited by smootness; 06-23-2017 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bush and Ginn are 2018 guys. Not sure about Bush but early reviews on Ginn coming to school are positive.
    Talked to Mike today. Not only do him and JT love Cann but they love Jake(recent hire) too. We are in extremely good shape with JT. As of now he will be playing in Maroon and white. Just played with Mississippi All Star team in Oklahoma.

vCash
    JT hit .483 this year with 16 hrs and 66 RBI. Good glove too. Probably be position player and closer at least what they're saying is the plan.

vCash
    I have not seen Bush play but his stats were very inpressive. I think he had 16 home runs himself.

vCash
    I have not seen Bush play but his stats were very inpressive. I think he had 16 home runs himself.
    I think they've got bush a little underrated imo. The kid can rake. Todd you always do such a good job keeping us updated on our recruits. Much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Talked to Mike today. Not only do him and JT love Cann but they love Jake(recent hire) too. We are in extremely good shape with JT. As of now he will be playing in Maroon and white. Just played with Mississippi All Star team in Oklahoma.
    We need to get guys like Ginn in to school. I really think he could be a first round pick by the time he leaves MSU. I like how Andy and now Gautreau are changing how we do things. Getting head transfers in and now we have MLB scouting toes and ties to Scott Boras. We are about to be an absolutely elite program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think they've got bush a little underrated imo. The kid can rake. Todd you always do such a good job keeping us updated on our recruits. Much appreciated.
    My pleasure!

vCash
    We need to get guys like Ginn in to school. I really think he could be a first round pick by the time he leaves MSU. I like how Andy and now Gautreau are changing how we do things. Getting head transfers in and now we have MLB scouting toes and ties to Scott Boras. We are about to be an absolutely elite program.
    You nailed it. We have a baseball hc and staff that are on the cutting edge of modern baseball. We are on the cusp of going from a great program to elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

Bryce Hutchinson (#98) - going pro.
    Been outta the loop. Has he signed? Thought he was still considering school. Thanks..
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Been outta the loop. Has he signed? Thought he was still considering school. Thanks..
    No, has not signed yet. The mets have signed 1/2 of their picks and the six seniors drafted before Hutchinson got $10k.

Right now, still a dawg. But it depends on how much the mets will go above the Slot value

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

And yes, unfortunately OM's 2016 class was stupid. 5 guys in the top 77, got all of them to school.
    I am always amazed how Ole Miss can get kids to turn down $1 Million+ to come to Oxford...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    It's a matter of time.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I am always amazed how Ole Miss can get kids to turn down $1 Million+ to come to Oxford...
    Well they just lost two to the draft this year, and before last year they had even worse luck than us in the draft...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I doubt very many of them were offered that much money. Really it was a perfect storm of legacies, Oxford HS being really good more than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's a matter of time.
    Yeah- I think he was supposed to have some kind of a thing on social media where he announces what he is going to do but if he chooses us it will honestly be the most surprising guy that we have ever pulled from the draft in my fandom.

He's going to sign with the Mets. And if he does choose us on social media my guess is it would be a negotiating move. I would only believe that he is with us if he is still unsigned after the deadline.