Thread: Dan Mullen may be in-state HC #1 but HF is #1 in the Nation!

vCash

Dan Mullen may be in-state HC #1 but HF is #1 in the Nation!

https://www.si.com/college-football/...-most-pressure

I hate to admit but I'm proud of HF. He's finally #1 at something.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I suspect any one of the other nine could end up at Ole Miss next season.

vCash
    Think I'd have put Sumlin at #2.

vCash
    I kind of find it funny when people tie Freeze's job security to winning games.

Freeze's current situation has nothing to do with that. Although, it would be hilarious to see them win 5 game again and OM fans realize they've been protecting a crappy coach the entire time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They aren't coming to Oxford with the sanctions that are bout to destroy that place for years.

vCash

Freeze at #1 Hot Seat

Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Think I'd have put Sumlin at #2.
    Until the NCAA hands down the sanctions, how could he not be #1. Remember, he is responsible for all actions of subordinates/coaches. Does anyone really believe that his employees dealt with these boosters without some tacit authorization from their boss ?

Which situation do you think he falls in.

A. He knew what some coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.
    B. He didn't want to know details, but enjoyed the recruiting results.
    C. He knew nothing of what was going on and believed all these highly recruited stars chose/flipped to UM for love of the school.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I kind of find it funny when people tie Freeze's job security to winning games.

Freeze's current situation has nothing to do with that. Although, it would be hilarious to see them win 5 game again and OM fans realize they've been protecting a crappy coach the entire time.
    This is what I don't get. You go all in to save an Urban Meyer, a Nick Saban, a Dabo Swinney. Not a Hugh Freeze. They disparage Mullen, yet his and HF's record are the exact same down to a single game given the time frame since Freeze has been there. Literally, everything Freeze has done (with the exception of wins over Bama) Mullen has done. I know they're a liberal arts school and math is hard, but try a little, guys. Go run the #s. That is the most oblivious fanbase on the planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    This is what I don't get. You go all in to save an Urban Meyer, a Nick Saban, a Dabo Swinney. Not a Hugh Freeze. They disparage Mullen, yet his and HF's record are the exact same down to a single game given the time frame since Freeze has been there. Literally, everything Freeze has done (with the exception of wins over Bama) Mullen has done. I know they're a liberal arts school and math is hard, but try a little, guys. Go run the #s. That is the most oblivious fanbase on the planet.
    Wait a minute ... their little promo ad says they have a fine engineering school and outstanding academics. You mean they don't?? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg50 View Post
    Until the NCAA hands down the sanctions, how could he not be #1. Remember, he is responsible for all actions of subordinates/coaches. Does anyone really believe that his employees dealt with these boosters without some tacit authorization from their boss ?

Which situation do you think he falls in.

A. He knew what some coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.
    B. He didn't want to know details, but enjoyed the recruiting results.
    C. He knew nothing of what was going on and believed all these highly recruited stars chose/flipped to UM for love of the school.
    A-except I would say he knew what ALL coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    not after they start vacating wins
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Saying Freeze is in trouble unless he wins is pretty stupid but I think SI just didn't want to put out another "hot seat" list so they tried to be creative with the title and failed.
    Freeze being #1 on this list was brought up on H2H yesterday and Matt said he didn't see that coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Yeah, I don't see that for anybody but maybe Marshall's head coach. And I only say that because he looks reasonably old, and he's presumably not going to land at a big program after getting bounced from Marshall, so going to a doomed situation and getting an SEC Payday (even if it's just $1M a year rather than typical SEC pay) probably wouldn't seem like a terrible gig.

Everybody else would presumably have better options to rehab their career.

vCash
    Does everyone expect him to be coaching this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Does everyone expect him to be coaching this year?
    Is there a chance the COI will meet and hand down a decision prior to the season? I was thinking that even after the COI meets, it might be a few months before a written decision is handed out.

vCash
    To answer Dog50's question, I guess it is "B". Freeze, in my opinion, knew what was going on and approved of it. However, my gut tells me that to ensure he could maintain at least some plausible deniability, Freeze distanced himself from the details. The FCA booster issue may shoot my theory full of holes, though.