Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Baseball Grad Transfer, potential weekend starter???

vCash

New Baseball Grad Transfer, potential weekend starter???

JP France from Tulane.

Last edited by CadaverDawg; 06-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Yes! I saw him pitch for Tulane last year against USM in NOLA and he is very good. He also has a history of dominating LSU.

vCash
    5-5 96 IP Started 15 games 3.84 era 3-1 so to walk ratio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    5-5 96 IP Started 15 games 3.84 era 3-1 so to walk ratio
    Nice. 3-1 k ratio that's more like it!

vCash
    9.38 h/9
    2.81 bb/9
    6.84 k/9

Not sure if weekend guy, but certainly glad to have him. Is not being drafted an indication of his stuff? Only 2 of our regular pitchers (McQ and barton) had k/9 rates lower than 7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    9.38 h/9
    2.81 bb/9
    6.84 k/9

Not sure if weekend guy, but certainly glad to have him. Is not being drafted an indication of his stuff? Only 2 of our regular pitchers (McQ and barton) had k/9 rates lower than 7
    He beat LSU twice. looks like an innings eater.

vCash
    He pitches to contact. He would have been the number two for us this year.

vCash
    This is a great pickup. Know him well. He's gonna help us! Great job by Cann and staff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He beat LSU twice. looks like an innings eater.
    They call him the Tiger Tamer in Louisiana. And it's not because he majored in zoology or was born in a circus.

vCash
    This is a HUGE pickup.

Not a MLB prospect but, due to his inning eating capability, he will take a ton of pressure off the Tommy John guys and put them in positions where they will be relied upon more in relief stints than expected to accumulate a ton of innings.

If this guy could give us 80 innings as a Sunday guy to go along with 90 innings from Pilkington on Friday, you've really helped your bullpen and allowed guys to assume roles.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes! I saw him pitch for Tulane last year against USM in NOLA and he is very good. He also has a history of dominating LSU.
    This kid really knows how to pitch. Works both sides of the plate and up and down. Changes speeds well and has great command of all his pitches.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runwildjerious View Post
    Love that Tulane is using the vintage logo on their site.

vCash
    Lefty or Righty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Lefty or Righty?
    RHP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This kid really knows how to pitch. Works both sides of the plate and up and down. Changes speeds well and has great command of all his pitches.
    Yes. When I saw him against USM he was absolutely on. He really impressed me that day and I was surprised that he was their midweek guy at that point although Tulane was pretty good that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is a HUGE pickup.

Not a MLB prospect but, due to his inning eating capability, he will take a ton of pressure off the Tommy John guys and put them in positions where they will be relied upon more in relief stints than expected to accumulate a ton of innings.

If this guy could give us 80 innings as a Sunday guy to go along with 90 innings from Pilkington on Friday, you've really helped your bullpen and allowed guys to assume roles.
    If our rotation is Pilkington and then two fifth year seniors in Billingsley and France we should be pretty solid. Aside from the SR, I thought Billingsley finished the year very strong. We'll see how he does in the Cape and see if he can refine his command and be more consistent. I think France also takes pressure off of some of the younger guys like Ashcraft, McQuary and Self and will allow them to develop with less pressure. And who knows? Maybe Gordon figures things out and becomes a decent option as well.

If Cann starts adding Grad transfers to fill holes I like that option better than going after a JUCO guy. Their D-I college experience should help eliminate the transition that JUCO guys- even Lowe and Kruger- usually go through. Plus if we get a really good JUCO guy like Lowe the odds are they are going to be with us one year like a grad transfer anyway. I think Cann's MLB connections help with guys like France who like you said may not be a MLB prospect but it has to be attractive for a guy like him to see guys like Cody Brown and Lovelady get free agent deals that Cann helped them get so that they get a shot at playing pro if they don't get drafted.

Now we just need to add a grad transfer at catcher.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I don't think people fully understand what we have in our head coach of baseball....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I don't think people fully understand what we have in our head coach of baseball....
    If they don't now they certainly will in the next couple years. Cann will be the one that brings the NC home!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 06-22-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    so is this guy choosing MSU for his final year of eligibility to see if his can improve his draft stock? is that his current mindset?