Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How the NCAA may rule on OM

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I haven't posted much but have been keeping up with the OM fiasco. I've dealt with these OM people a lot through the years and I don't put much past them. If when the sanctions come down they aren't nearly as severe as we thought they'd be remember a couple of things: 1. The top 4 or 5 boosters are worth somewhere north of 1 maybe 2 billion, there's not much money won't by. Believe me somebody is looking at these COI members. 2. Remember who is chairman of the senate appropriations committee and what purse strings of schools come under the committee's purview. The NCAA is dealing with a hyper-competitive bunch of folks that lives by the mantra "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'".
    Enforcer alert needed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    and if you are caught committing Level I violations while you are being investigated.
    No IF, OM continued even while under investigation....

vCash
    As previously referenced, the second paragraph of the response where Ole Miss admits to cheating during the course of the investigation, is the most damning issue they face. When their response was made public and I began reading it, that admission "stood out like a turd in a punch bowl". After reading that admission, any concerns that Ole Miss would get off easy quickly evaporated.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 06-23-2017 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It's not even big in the neighboring state, at least in the north central part. Ole Miss is not a household name here. MSU is. Many of my friends think we're called Ole Miss (just like ESPN).
    This^

Few people know or care very much about UM... (just like ESPN)...

I think they are a known commodity only in Memphis, N. Miss, and other, select places in-state... Kinda like Vandy sans academics...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Liverpool, I think the difference is the amount of infractions. Louisville had one Level 1 and Mississippi has 15, Mississippi has admitted in their response that some of these infractions happened as the investigation was going on. This in itself is the definition of Lack of Institutional Control, which should raise all of the Level 1's to aggravated status.
    While some of the infractions happened before the new punishment matrix was put into place. Mississippi continued to break regulations in the face of continuing investigations, The COI at this point has no other option, but to hand down the harshest penalties.
    Agree 100%. The OM operation was pre-planned, premeditated, and systematic in nature because it was orchestrated from the very core of the Athletic Department. When the Asst Athletic Director devises a program to systematically put Boosters in contact with potential recruits on numerous occasions and has so as many as a dozen Boosters running for him that he has to employ the help and support of multiple on-the-field coaches; then that is a tried and true system of cheating. When it continues totally unchecked WHILE under NCAA investigation then that's aggravated cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Agree 100%. The OM operation was pre-planned, premeditated, and systematic in nature because it was orchestrated from the very core of the Athletic Department. When the Asst Athletic Director devises a program to systematically put Boosters in contact with potential recruits on numerous occasions and has so as many as a dozen Boosters running for him that he has to employ the help and support of multiple on-the-field coaches; then that is a tried and true system of cheating. When it continues totally unchecked WHILE under NCAA investigation then that's aggravated cheating.
    Great minds think alike! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LockeDawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Sounds like you summed it up pretty well, but you think it was Barney who created and ran the cheating program? Not Freeze?