Thread: Tanner Poole had a monster day yesterday

vCash

Tanner Poole had a monster day yesterday

2 doubles, a triple, 4 RBI and a SB.
    That's basically matches his production over the last month of the season.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Maybe he just needed to reset his season. He obviously showed something in practice but couldn't put it together in games. I think he and Alexander had the equivalent of the shanks. Doesn't matter what you do, sometimes that shit just has to go away on its own.

vCash
    I think most of the problems were confidence and mental for him. I think that for the first time in his playing life, he hit a slump that he couldn't just battle his way out of. I think the off season will be kind of a reset for him and he will be a star next year, at least I hope.

vCash

Chris Sabo coaches that team. Maybe he can show him how to hit a curve ball.

I swear, there were times when he looked clueless this year with the breaking ball. He's as good as it gets defensively but unless his stick improves vastly, I don't see much if any P/T for him next year. BTW, I wouldn't read too much into these summer stats. Last year he hit .340 during summer ball and made the league all star team.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 06-22-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    No to be a downer but I think he is playing in a real weak league.

vCash
    That league is really weak. I think he played there last year and tore it up too.

Banned
    vCash
    yeah, it seems like we always have good summer stats then once SEC play starts we have these wtf is going on moments.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    this happens every year. We have players that play average in our season and tear it up in summer ball. It is as other said, a weak league.

vCash
    It may be a weak league but they are still college pitchers. There was a time this year when I could have struck him out throwing vollyballs left handed.

vCash
    who cares about the league. Most of His problems were in His head. A weak league is a great place to send a player who lacks confidence. Do Y'all want to send Him out against elite pitching and ruin Him for ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    who cares about the league. Most of His problems were in His head. A weak league is a great place to send a player who lacks confidence. Do Y'all want to send Him out against elite pitching and ruin Him for ever?
    The idea that facing weak competition will make a player better is crazy. Change your approach- mentally and at the plate. You do that against the best competition you can face. Facing weak competition never fixed a problem.

vCash
    Here's something scary. Our JUCO recruit first baseman is hitting .211 in the same league. Small sample size of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The idea that facing weak competition will make a player better is crazy. Change your approach- mentally and at the plate. You do that against the best competition you can face. Facing weak competition never fixed a problem.
    right, keep getting your ass struck out will cure your problem. Why do you think they have different levels of minor leagues. Just take a player out of college and put Him in the SHOW--that's how he gets better.

vCash
    Competitive anxiety (overthinking etc.) begins from the inability to handle failure. Making shit easy doesn't fix that. It enables it. Just a fact.
    As for minor leaguers, there's two things: (1)They've proven themselves already in MLB and they drop down because they have an issue. It's so they can get more work in and work on their swing/approach issue etc. But when they drop down from MLB, it's sink or swim. They've proven they can do it. They've done it. It's just a problem that's popped up and they either fix or they're done. Completely different from what Poole is doing. (2) Players have to prove themselves against increasingly tougher competition to get to MLB. They've got to prove they can compete against better competition as the move up. If they don't, they don't move up.
    Poole has never shown he can do it. It's not about fixing a problem. It's about figuring out if you can hit in the SEC. It's like he's in A ball trying to prove he can make the jump to AA or higher. He hasn't proven it. He's yet to show he can handle better competition. He better learn to handle better competition. Beating up on lesser pitching doesn't help you against the best pitching in college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think the point is that he tore up the same league last year (and he did - 1.000+ OPS) and then struggled mightily in the SEC. So doing well in the same league again isn't really a very positive sign, it just means he did what he did last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's something scary. Our JUCO recruit first baseman is hitting .211 in the same league. Small sample size of course.
    I wish we'd get vansau to play some 1b this summer. I really like vansau. On a team that tried to pull everything, vansau consistently went the other way. I think he has more pop than he's shown so far too. Oh and he's LH

vCash
    Our guy's doing good at something? I've got to hurry & find a way to shit on it.

Sincerely,

MSU fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Our guy's doing good at something? I've got to hurry & find a way to shit on it.

Sincerely,

MSU fan
    Wasn't me this time, marketing

vCash
    Poole will be a 5th year Senior next year, he should be able to max out his performance level. He will be facing competition from the best OF class of Freshman that i can remember

Anderson, Hatcher, Lovell, and Allen (also IF)
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-23-2017 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think the point is that he tore up the same league last year (and he did - 1.000+ OPS) and then struggled mightily in the SEC. So doing well in the same league again isn't really a very positive sign, it just means he did what he did last year.
    If that is the case then why the **** did our Coaches send Him back? How about let's let Andy figure out what is best.