Thread: Jordan Thomas...

vCash

Jordan Thomas...

If you're looking for another player to get excited about...this is you're guy. I know we've all heard Mullen talk about his athleticism but he is an absolute freak. I had my 2 boys at Dak's camp Tuesday and Thomas put on a show for the parents catching and throwing the football.

He's every bit of 6'7" 280 lbs with very little body fat. Was making some crazy leaping one handed catches on the sideline then turning and throwing the football 50 or so yards like it was nothing.

Had some Florida fans decked out in Gator gear beside me in awe ask me who he was and wanted to know if he was a QB or TE. Some fans finally called him over and he's a classic late bloomer. He said he was 5'11" going into his senior year of high school and that he'd grown 2" since he's been at MSU. Seemed like an awesome guy and hopefully primed for a breakout year.

vCash
    Our TEs are gonna be great this year imo. They're gonna really offset us being down some at WR

vCash
    That's Gronk-like measureables.

vCash
    We need our TEs to make up for our lack of WRs. If Mullen is able to manipulate the offense to better highlight the TEs, we could do something this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our TEs are gonna be great this year imo. They're gonna really offset us being down some at WR
    We're going to need them to. We need Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson and Farrod Green to become big targets.

Several schools have done this before. I believe Arkansas, Stanford, and Auburn have used huge WR/TEs to create mismatches.

It's becoming too hard to create separation with speed on the outside because DBs are so fast. Instead we will use height and size to create the mismatch. No one knew Bear was so slow because he was big enough and use his body enough to always be open even when he was open.

Maybe Mullen and Gonzalez realize every they missed that last year. We have a glut of TEs on the roster and we are still recruiting them.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Jordan is down to around 270lbs. He plans to play this season around 260lbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We need our TEs to make up for our lack of WRs. If Mullen is able to manipulate the offense to better highlight the TEs, we could do something this year.
    Have to utilize these guys. I bet we will see Thomas out wide a little more this year and definitely used in the redzone. He's built like a basketball player with long arms and legs and can jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Jordan is down to around 270lbs. He plans to play this season around 260lbs.
    He's already a very lean 270. Not sure what his speed really is but at 260 you've got to think he's as fast as Bear. Will be interesting to see how we use him.