Thread: Jackson Jambalaya and redacted names

vCash

Jackson Jambalaya and redacted names

At least one news source in Jackson is giving the TSUN dumpster fire some publicity.

Click here

vCash
    He is going to rue the day...

vCash
    A lot of rueing

vCash
    OM is bullshitting JJ. And time is running out.

vCash
    Well, well, well.... the well is running dry..... OM uses FERPA for not turning over the names.... haha

The above-referenced documents contain limited redactions in order to comply with applicable privacy laws. For instance, records that are confidential or privileged under federal law are exempt from disclosure. see Miss. Code Ann. ? 25-61-11. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”) governs the release of student records by educational institutions. FERPA prohibits the release of a student’s education records to third parties. Educational records are documents that “contain information directly related to a student” and are “maintained by an educational agency or institution” or a person acting for the institution. 20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(4)(A)(i) and (ii). Accordingly, the names and personally identifiable information of student-athletes have been redacted from the above-referenced documents.

SOMEONE must have been reading EliteDawgs...... #HAILSTATE....... We are MUCH smarter than the average black bear...... BUT they messed up.... They left the tweeter name on one page and a picture of an student ath..... (SA) they are screwed....

vCash
    Damn, that list of lies in the comments keeps growing every day. Great job by whomever made that comment post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Well, well, well.... the well is running dry..... OM uses FERPA for not turning over the names.... haha

The above-referenced documents contain limited redactions in order to comply with applicable privacy laws. For instance, records that are confidential or privileged under federal law are exempt from disclosure. see Miss. Code Ann. ? 25-61-11. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”) governs the release of student records by educational institutions. FERPA prohibits the release of a student’s education records to third parties. Educational records are documents that “contain information directly related to a student” and are “maintained by an educational agency or institution” or a person acting for the institution. 20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(4)(A)(i) and (ii). Accordingly, the names and personally identifiable information of student-athletes have been redacted from the above-referenced documents.

SOMEONE must have been reading EliteDawgs...... #HAILSTATE....... We are MUCH smarter than the average black bear...... BUT they messed up.... They left the tweeter name on one page and a picture of an student ath..... (SA) they are screwed....
    I'm no lawyer, but by that use of FERPA as their excuse, LL and KJ should file suit today against OM, OM Athletic Department, The OM Spirit and Chuck and Yancy personally.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but by that use of FERPA as their excuse, LL and KJ should file suit today against OM, OM Athletic Department, The OM Spirit and Chuck and Yancy personally.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see that exact thing happen. As a parent, I'd jump on this with both feet and I wouldnt pay a dime of my personal money for a lawyer either. Make the NCAA or MSU pick up the legal fee's, they are there to protect the Student-Athlete.

vCash
    Good Lord I lost 10 IQ points just reading those comments. Ole Miss has some flat out morons for fans.