Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is OM protecting their most beloved booster

vCash

Is OM protecting their most beloved booster

Sorry if this has already been theorized but I just wanted to hear what the board has to say.

There are things that simply do not add up for OM right now. Namely why they would hang on to Freeze when they are staring at 21 Level 1 violations and the end of any semblance of competitiveness in football for the next decade. Also, while OM has never been forthcoming about naming their boosters who have been busted for cheating this seems like the extra mile with Ethics Commissions and lawsuits.

Could it be that AM was sloppy enough to get named in the NOA and OM is going out of their way to protect his reputation?

I say this because I talked to my brother who is a Tennessee grad and he said that if AM was named it would go beyond being a college football story. It would be a national celebrity being humiliated. With all the goodwill built up by that family in the NFL it would be a total nightmare for them.

Didn't AM have a direct hand in hiring Hugh Freeze?
    Didn't AM mysteriously recuse himself from the CFB playoff committee for an illness I've heard nothing about?
    Wouldn't AM be the first to want OM to get this swept under the rug? But instead we see OM digging in.

My tin foil hat is firmly strapped to my head. But until we see the NOA couldn't we at least speculate that his name COULD BE on it.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Could it be...

vCash
    Pretty sure he was directly involved with the hire of Freeze. He also said Freeze had a different way of recruiting or "outside the box". I found it odd he quit the playoff committee halfway thru the season. State and Ole Miss were both in the top 5. You would think he'd stay on just to have a presence, a smile and a hand shake, just in case they were in the talks.

vCash
    I figured it was AM or the taco bell guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    I figured it was AM or the taco bell guy.
    More than likely it's both.

vCash
    I doubt Archie was one of the redacted boosters, but make no mistake....Archie Manning knows about, and had a hand in creating, the very Network that is about to crumble. That's why I've never liked those of our fans that say "I like Archie though, he's not like the rest of them". Bullshit. He 1000% knows and helped design their Network...it just got too big & they lost control.

As for Taco Bell, I feel like he is likely one of the redacted names.

vCash
    Even if Archie has something to do with it, the NCAA will sweep his name under the rug. Just like every other Manning family sandal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Even if Archie has something to do with it, the NCAA will sweep his name under the rug. Just like every other Manning family sandal.
    What if the NCAA is done sweeping sandals (I have a love hate relationship with autocorrect too) under the rug? Don't forget the NCAA has now punished Pitino and Boeheim which in the past probably would not have happened. If NC winning coaches can get popped why not AM? Almost every school has a famous booster. Until those guys realize that they are no longer above the law the NCAA will not be able to curtail cheating. But when those famous boosters realize that they could actually be publicly humiliated then a lot of this will disappear from sight.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 06-22-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    AM and Mike Glen on Hugh Freeze hire..."he has IT"

vCash
    Archie and Fred Smith (chair of FedEx) chaired the search committee that hired Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Archie and Fred Smith (chair of FedEx) chaired the search committee that hired Freeze.
    And Fred Smith's son married Tuohy's daugther...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    The plot thickens.

vCash
    I can't believe that some muckraking reporter hasn't latched on to this story and started throwing firebombs about all of this -
    Archie and Fred hand picked a guy with virtually no experience for his "out of the box" approach to recruiting. I'm sure Tuohy was right there in the mix. That "out of the cash box" approach had to have been funded by someone. Who? Well what about the guys that hand picked Ole Danny Hugh? A great writer could really create a ton of press with well placed innuendo about all of this. All you have to do is start printing questions and let the rabid media follow up every chance you get. "Archie. What did you know and when did you know it?" "Eli - Do you think your Dad was the Network mastermind?" Give those asshats trying to pin all this on Leo and Kobe a taste of their own shit stinking medicine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Fred may have been behind the scenes but he wasn't on the search committee. It was Archie, Mike Glen, Richard Noble, and two professors at OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Woah! Didn't know that. They'll be flying tacos to recruits all over the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can't believe that some muckraking reporter hasn't latched on to this story and started throwing firebombs about all of this -
    Archie and Fred hand picked a guy with virtually no experience for his "out of the box" approach to recruiting. I'm sure Tuohy was right there in the mix. That "out of the cash box" approach had to have been funded by someone. Who? Well what about the guys that hand picked Ole Danny Hugh? A great writer could really create a ton of press with well placed innuendo about all of this. All you have to do is start printing questions and let the rabid media follow up every chance you get. "Archie. What did you know and when did you know it?" "Eli - Do you think your Dad was the Network mastermind?" Give those asshats trying to pin all this on Leo and Kobe a taste of their own shit stinking medicine.
    Just shows how irrelevant OM really is. Outside of.us and a few.other SEC fans, no one cares.

vCash
    When talking about Taco's and Fed Ex packages I'd be mighty careful when ordering from either, you never know what may be in both when they find out who your are******

vCash
    Y'all are hitting on some of the big names, but your missing the biggest fish in the pond who does everything he can to stay out of the limelight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    AM is like the Godfather up there ... too many "Buffers" in the family to get to him
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I think you're more likely to see some people that are close to an ex-Governor than you are to see people directly tied to Archie.