Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is OM protecting their most beloved booster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Sorry if this has already been theorized but I just wanted to hear what the board has to say.

There are things that simply do not add up for OM right now. Namely why they would hang on to Freeze when they are staring at 21 Level 1 violations and the end of any semblance of competitiveness in football for the next decade. Also, while OM has never been forthcoming about naming their boosters who have been busted for cheating this seems like the extra mile with Ethics Commissions and lawsuits.

Could it be that AM was sloppy enough to get named in the NOA and OM is going out of their way to protect his reputation?

I say this because I talked to my brother who is a Tennessee grad and he said that if AM was named it would go beyond being a college football story. It would be a national celebrity being humiliated. With all the goodwill built up by that family in the NFL it would be a total nightmare for them.

Didn't AM have a direct hand in hiring Hugh Freeze?
    Didn't AM mysteriously recuse himself from the CFB playoff committee for an illness I've heard nothing about?
    Wouldn't AM be the first to want OM to get this swept under the rug? But instead we see OM digging in.

My tin foil hat is firmly strapped to my head. But until we see the NOA couldn't we at least speculate that his name COULD BE on it.
    I've been of a similar mindset for the last month or so. All I can figure is that Hey Hugh has enough to not only bring down the athletic side but the entire University. It sounds far fetched but they were so in love with that guy that it wouldn't surprise me if they got a little sloppy and didn't insulate themselves as well as they should've. Combine that with the fact that this was Freezus' second time through the network and he may have been smart enough to get some CYA documentation. FWIW I wouldn't expect to see AM in the NOA and doubt there's an ex-gov in there either, I just think Freezus has enough (with proof) to bring it all down on a Dateline special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think you're more likely to see some people that are close to an ex-Governor than you are to see people directly tied to Archie.
    You must have bumped your head, on a chandelier in the Grove. ;-)
    Last edited by 32 Dive; 06-22-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: It was a bit TOO obvious...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I've been of a similar mindset for the last month or so. All I can figure is that Hey Hugh has enough to not only bring down the athletic side but the entire University. It sounds far fetched but they were so in love with that guy that it wouldn't surprise me if they got a little sloppy and didn't insulate themselves as well as they should've. Combine that with the fact that this was Freezus' second time through the network and he may have been smart enough to get some CYA documentation. FWIW I wouldn't expect to see AM in the NOA and doubt there's an ex-gov in there either, I just think Freezus has enough (with proof) to bring it all down on a Dateline special.
    But the case is closed now. The NCAA isn't bringing anymore charges so I don't think Hugh is blackmailing to keep his job. (Plus wouldn't every fired coach have enough to bring the program down.) Also, I doubt this is the reason because Hugh is an alumni and if there is one thing that I believe that comes through his lying bucked teeth it is the fact that he loves OM. When he says they're "all in" he means it.

I believe there are some big names on that NOA and I think the media should begin asking questions until OM releases the names and proves otherwise. Until they expose the cheater we should assume all of them are cheaters. AM and FS might get the NOA released just to get the beat off of them.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think you're more likely to see some people that are close to an ex-Governor than you are to see people directly tied to Archie.
    You are on target for sure with this one..... might want to consider a senator also....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 06-22-2017 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    But the case is closed now. The NCAA isn't bringing anymore charges so I don't think Hugh is blackmailing to keep his job. (Plus wouldn't every fired coach have enough to bring the program down.) Also, I doubt this is the reason because Hugh is an alumni and if there is one thing that I believe that comes through his lying bucked teeth it is the fact that he loves OM. When he says they're "all in" he means it.

I believe there are some big names on that NOA and I think the media should begin asking questions until OM releases the names and proves otherwise. Until they expose the cheater we should assume all of them are cheaters. AM and FS might get the NOA released just to get the beat off of them.
    Freeze is not an alumnus of UM.

vCash
    Sorry if this has already been theorized but I just wanted to hear what the board has to say.

There are things that simply do not add up for OM right now. Namely why they would hang on to Freeze when they are staring at 21 Level 1 violations and the end of any semblance of competitiveness in football for the next decade. Also, while OM has never been forthcoming about naming their boosters who have been busted for cheating this seems like the extra mile with Ethics Commissions and lawsuits.

Could it be that AM was sloppy enough to get named in the NOA and OM is going out of their way to protect his reputation?

I say this because I talked to my brother who is a Tennessee grad and he said that if AM was named it would go beyond being a college football story. It would be a national celebrity being humiliated. With all the goodwill built up by that family in the NFL it would be a total nightmare for them.

Didn't AM have a direct hand in hiring Hugh Freeze?
    Didn't AM mysteriously recuse himself from the CFB playoff committee for an illness I've heard nothing about?
    Wouldn't AM be the first to want OM to get this swept under the rug? But instead we see OM digging in.

My tin foil hat is firmly strapped to my head. But until we see the NOA couldn't we at least speculate that his name COULD BE on it.
    Archie is not named in the NOA
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash

I guess my conspiracy theory centers around Freeze having enough to further embarrass them and ruin some "good names". You may be correct in that every fired college coach would have enough to bring down or at least damage their former school to some degree. But here's the deal, this guy has to know he'll never coach again and what if he has enough to concrete proof to unmask an academic fraud case that would make UNC look like amateurs? And what if was orchestrated from the very top and it was premeditated? Don't you think that if he laid all that out publicly the NCAA would be forced to reopen the investigation?

Hey, it's just a conspiracy theory....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Archie is not named in the NOA
    Have you seen it? Who is named?

Get your OM buddies to spill beans about who is in it or you cannot trust them when they say who is not in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I guess my conspiracy theory centers around Freeze having enough to further embarrass them and ruin some "good names". You may be correct in that every fired college coach would have enough to bring down or at least damage their former school to some degree. But here's the deal, this guy has to know he'll never coach again and what if he has enough to concrete proof to unmask an academic fraud case that would make UNC look like amateurs? And what if was orchestrated from the very top and it was premeditated? Don't you think that if he laid all that out publicly the NCAA would be forced to reopen the investigation?

Hey, it's just a conspiracy theory....
    I don't get the vibe that HF is threatening OM. Why would the chancellor do a video supporting a coach who is blackmailing the university?

I think it is what it seems like. OM is avid in protecting certain names because it will be as explosive as the boosters in the SMU case but in a smaller state.

vCash
    I don't think Archie is dumb enough to get that close to it. There are plenty of other kiddos that want to feel important and needed over there.