Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake Wimberly's show today

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

Jake Wimberly's show today

I saw on twitter where he had some guy from Ole Miss on his show to talk about his sources on the case.....the guy was convicted on 9 counts of theft, among other things. I know that you have to have people from both sides on an impartial network, but is this shit serious? I mean yea rosebowl is our guy and he has had some issues in the past, but this guy is a damn fraud....literally.....I don't know how he has any career on the radio after what he did or why anyone would give him a platform. Am I overreacting to this? FTR, I like Jake's show and I know that he reads these boards. I didn't and won't listen to that interview though.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-21-2017 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    I'm assuming you're talking about Scott McKinney? I believe that's his name. He used to have a show around here with another ole miss jock sniffer. Think the the old dude was an assistant at Ole Miss at some point. Most of the show revolved around some old lady's biscuits. They've literally sent out every mouthpiece they've got at this point. The shitstorm approacheth.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yea that's him. How in the hell does he get a voice on a major radio network? He has to be the least credible "source" you could possibly bring on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Yea that's him. How in the hell does he get a voice on a major radio network? He has to be the least credible "source" you could possibly bring on.
    Scott tweeted something a few days ago about his OM sources giving him some info on things taking a weird turn soon. He is an OM grad who said he doesn't have a dog in this hunt when defending OM. So that goes to show you his intelligence level. Let's just say if science determines him to be shy of a chromosome, it wouldn't surprise me.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Jake better check to see if he still has his wallet.

vCash
    I think his daughter plays softball at Ole Miss as well....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I think his daughter plays softball at Ole Miss as well....
    She does. Ended up playing and starting mostly at SS since Lunderman left before the season

ETA. Someone corrected me in another thread that this is a different Scott McKinney daughter. So I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 06-21-2017 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Thank goodness Wimberley didn't put that on BSR!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'm disappointed with Jake Wimberly. Why even give this embezzling felon a voice?

vCash
    So, he's an alumnus, a former assistant SID or "sports propagandist" for Ole Miss, yet he has no dog in the hunt. Sounds plausible.
    Last edited by Natedogg33; 06-21-2017 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Jake is a shitbird. Unfollowed his twitter and won't listen to him. Annoys the **** out of me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Jake better check to see if he still has his wallet.
    Well played ..

vCash
    Pretty sure Jake isn't a shitbird. He, like all the rest of the local radio guys, are placating to two sides. I'm pretty sure they all know what's gonna happen, but they'll lose 1/3 of their listeners if they go full bore. Seems like Bo pretty much knows how the pendulum is going to swing. Chris Brooks, on the other hand, is giving false hope to his rebel friends. While he also is giving them free reign to spew their garbage.

vCash
    No reason anyone should let that piece of shit talk anything about sports and be on their show..
    I take that back. If it's talking about cheating, unethical practices, shady dealings, wrong doing, lying, scheming , etc.. then yeah that bag should should be on to talk about that..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-21-2017 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Pretty sure Jake isn't a shitbird. He, like all the rest of the local radio guys, are placating to two sides. I'm pretty sure they all know what's gonna happen, but they'll lose 1/3 of their listeners if they go full bore. Seems like Bo pretty much knows how the pendulum is going to swing. Chris Brooks, on the other hand, is giving false hope to his rebel friends. While he also is giving them free reign to spew their garbage.
    I like Jake but what McKinney and Ole Miss are pushing right now are lies the equivalent of saying the sky is purple or plaid. They aren't even believable lies. There's placating and then there's just letting the other side blatantly lie and get away with it. I like the way Bo has handled it. Jake, not so much.

vCash
    I agree completely with both of y'all. I'm not taking up for Jake for having the guy on his show. McKinney shouldn't have a platform to speak from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I like Jake but what McKinney and Ole Miss are pushing right now are lies the equivalent of saying the sky is purple or plaid. They aren't even believable lies. There's placating and then there's just letting the other side blatantly lie and get away with it. I like the way Bo has handled it. Jake, not so much.
    I agree with you completely so much as I've changed my listening habits. I listen to Bo now more than I used too, and as for Wimberly I've all but quit listening to him. I accidentally heard the McKinney interview. That'll be the last time I listen to Jake for a while if I can help it...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Anyone that would have McKinney on their show shouldn't be taken seriously as a legitimate sports show... I had started to listen to Jake some, but I'm through now meats...

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Someone with 50 years probation is the perfect mouthpiece for ole miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about Scott McKinney? I believe that's his name. He used to have a show around here with another ole miss jock sniffer. Think the the old dude was an assistant at Ole Miss at some point. Most of the show revolved around some old lady's biscuits. They've literally sent out every mouthpiece they've got at this point. The shitstorm approacheth.

Local Radio Host Bilks Investors

Country boy goes bad again and again. That could be the theme song of sports radio host Charles "Scott" McKinney, who was recently convicted on nine counts of theft and single counts of organized fraud, money laundering and racketeering. The Booneville, Miss. native pleaded guilty on Jan. 2 and could serve up to five years in prison for scamming investors out of more than $178,000.

According to assistant state attorney Russ Edgar, eight of the theft charges involved money taken from investors in McKinney's radio program, Southern Sports Tonight, which broadcasts on The Ticket 98.1. The ninth charge involved him stealing about $10,000 from his ex-fiancee using her credit card.

NOT FIRST SCAM

However, this isn't the first time McKinney, who once worked as an assistant sports information director at the University of Mississippi, has taken money from investors for his radio show. He had run a similar investment scam in Mississippi and Tennessee costing investors hundreds of thousands of dollars before he moved to the Destin area in 2005.

At one time, the Southern Sports Tonight show was heard on nearly 115 stations from Texas to South Carolina. In 2001 and 2002, investors in Mississippi and Tennessee gave McKinney about $140,000 for part-ownership in the show. Edgar's investigation found several judgments against McKinney, including one from the Internal Revenue Service and two from Mississippi banks for defaulted loans.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"