Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    I kind of hope Cersei pulls this trick on the unsullied and dothraki at the siege in episode 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Just had a thought.

What if Bran time traveled to set up his assassination attempt with the dragonglass dagger b/c he knows he will eventually become the Night King?
    Now my brain is starting to hurt. I have no idea who's behind the attack. I thought it might be Little Finger, but that seems too obvious. Then I thought maybe Cersei, but she had little to gain by Bran's death. That's one of the hardest mysteries to figure out in the entire series. But a Bran time travel to set up his own assassination attempt would certainly make a hell of a lot of sense if he's somehow connected to the Night King and wanted to throw everyone off the scent.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Now my brain is starting to hurt. I have no idea who's behind the attack. I thought it might be Little Finger, but that seems too obvious. Then I thought maybe Cersei, but she had little to gain by Bran's death. That's one of the hardest mysteries to figure out in the entire series. But a Bran time travel to set up his own assassination attempt would certainly make a hell of a lot of sense if he's somehow connected to the Night King and wanted to throw everyone off the scent.
    After tonight it appears they are suggesting Littlefinger set the whole thing up and provided to dagger to frame Tyrion.

vCash
    There seems to be a lot to wrap up with only 6 episodes left. I figure Theon will save Yara in episode 1 or 2. We will see the first battle against the Night King in episode 2. The living wins in episode 4 and 2 episodes for the war over the iron throne.

vCash
    All six episodes are an hour and a half long. I read the CGI is going to be on the level of major Hollywood movies.

vCash
    All six episodes are an hour and a half long. I read the CGI is going to be on the level of major Hollywood movies.
    Yep. It's going to be great. It sucks there are only 6 episodes, but at least they're all feature length. I can't wait.

vCash
    Those of you that are reading the books like WMD

Is Danny now pregnant for the start of next season by ( JON / SNOW - STARK - TARGAYON )

When do Jon and everybody else find out his real family tree.

vCash
    I loved the way they set up and did away with "littlefinger", his reaction to getting butt-<17>was epic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post

Is Danny now pregnant for the start of next season by ( JON / SNOW - STARK - TARGAYON )

Nope. She's still in Essos and Jon is 'dead'.

vCash

The show is ahead of the books by probably a good bit now. The books will probably wrap up about 5 years after the show is over if we are that lucky. GRRM has postponed the release of the book for about 3 years straight.

vCash
    I loved the way they set up and did away with "littlefinger", his reaction to getting butt-<17>was epic.
    It was awesome. That was my favorite scene from last night although the dragon blowing up the wall was also badass. It was just perfect that he thought he manipulated Sansa into turning on her sister like he did Lysa. He didn't know what to say when Bran told him that he knew how it went down with Ned. It was the first time he actually looked panicked.

vCash
    So much happened last night that I will have to rewatch it. Jamie finally sees that Cersi is just as Mad as the Mad King. He finally found his balls and left to go do something that matters. Interesting that the brothers both basically faced their fears of Cersi killing them but some sliver of hope allowed them to leave alive.

Not a lot happened with Jon and Dany except Dany getting a ticket to the bone train. Dany did find out that Jon is noble and honorable to a fault. I really don't think Jon being the rightful heir will matter to him at all. As far as he is concerned, he already pledged to Dany. Of course it doesn't matter if they end up married or dead.

Bran is finally doing something that matters. He helped bring down Littlefinger and figure out Jon's lineage. I wonder if we see Meera next season or if she was basically written off. After dragging his ass around for a season, she deserved a better send off.

Sansa and Arya played Littlefinger perfectly. Nice to see that work out. It will be interesting to see their reaction to Jon being their cousin instead of brother. Sansa always treated him bad because Caitlyn thought he was Ned's bastard. She already apologized for being a bitch to him but will she now think that she is the true Stark heir?

Tormund and Bedric didn't die on the falling wall. I think they will have a long trek along the top of the wall until they reach another Castle on the wall.

The Hound pretty much declared the CleganeBowl throwdown is going to happen. He is going to kill the undead Mountain and it will be awesome. He has become one of my favorite characters along with Bronn and Tormund.

I expect the first episode next year will be build up to the first battle. There is no way that the War that matters will be over in less than 2 or 3 episodes. Then it will be Cersi trying to eliminate who is left to decide who sits on the Iron Throne. I saw someone already thinks that Dany got pregnant and ends up dying in childbirth. Then Jon dies fighting the Night King and their child ends up on the Iron Throne with Tyrion being Hand of the King. I read GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet so I could see that being the ending.

vCash

Glad you asked. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    The show is ahead of the books by probably a good bit now. The books will probably wrap up about 5 years after the show is over if we are that lucky. GRRM has postponed the release of the book for about 3 years straight.
    ^This

GRRM = Mud
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    The leaked script had Cersi waking up in bloody sheets with a miscarriage before the scene of the Night King fubaring the Wall. I don't remember seeing that at all in last night's episode.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Exciting finale. And I like the longer format. If all six episodes next season are that long, I expect they'll all be equally grand in scale. (Though I still question their ability to wrap everything up in only six installments.)

Littlefinger's death was very satisfying, and I'm glad the remaining Stark kids at Winterfell ended up on the same side of the table, working together to avenge a person who had so wronged their family. I didn't always like the way they unpacked that story line -- it's not like Sansa and Arya were putting on a show for Littlefinger when they were bickering and threatening each other behind closed doors in private, and their out-of-character impulses and vacillations between pettiness and cunning were frustrating -- but the end result was good.

I'm also glad that Bran seemed to show at least a glimpse or two of humanity in the finale. I'm not sure how you square his purported omniscience and his lack of knowledge about Jon's legitimacy, but whatever. I hope he gets to do something substantial with his warging next season beyond occupying a murder of crows.

Even the Start-but-not-Stark Theon got a little redemption, which was nice to see. The "Do it for Yara!" moment was cheesy, but it gives him a shot to play a larger role next season. If Euron has Yara with him as he's sailing to Essos, could Theon and a freed Yara do something to screw up Cersei's plan for the mercenaries she's hired? (I guess they could sidestep that by putting Yara in a prison cell in the Iron Islands, though I'm not sure how much sense that'd make.)

The aunt-on-nephew action at the end was set up all season long, but was no less funky. If they can get to Winterfell in one piece -- something I'm not sure of given that the Wall's down and the army of the dead on is on the go -- they're in for a massive, massive bummer.

Jamie appears to have cemented his series-long transformation. Incestuous, attempted-murderer of Bran Stark to level-headed realist who takes honor and rightness at least semi-seriously. I'm interested to see where he's headed. I've got to assume he's going to try to hitch his wagon to Brienne and head north. (And maybe try to get Bronn to tag along?) Even with Brienne vouching for him, I imagine he's going to get an icy reception from the Sansa-Arya-Bran side. I wonder if we get to see a massive gathering of all the remaining central characters -- pretty much everyone by the Greyjoys and Cersei and her goons -- in Winterfell.

Anyone else wondering what Dorne's doing in all this? The royal family is gone, I guess, but that's still one of the main regions in Westeros, presumably with an able army and decent-sized population. I found it odd that it didn't send its army to rescue its queen, or at the very least try to avenge her death. (Or do y'all think that it was implied that the Dornish army was aboard Yara and Theon's ships when Euron attacked? The scene was set up as though Yara and Theon had just left Dragonstone, so my assumption has always been that it was just Ironborn-on-Ironborn action in that battle.)

On a related note, what about all the other families and regions? Lots of ruling families are either fractured or dead, but the Tullys are still kicking, as are the Reeds. And I know there are other families in other regions that have been at least referred to in the show that should be interested in playing some kind of role going forward, no?

Oh, and one last thing -- Cersei's pregnancy. I feel like something's awry here. Her whispers with Qyburn just before telling Jamie the news makes me think that either he's not the dad or that there's more to it than a normal pregnancy. Plus, she uses it as a tool to her advantage with Tyrion in setting up her lie about fighting alongside the others against the Night King (though I'd guess she'd do that even if it was on the up and up). But then, maybe it's legit and maybe it's end via miscarriage will break what little sanity she's got left, which would in turn set up the circumstances leading to her eventual death.

vCash
    I believe in the books the Prince of Dorne had a sister that had some big chunks of scenes but they gave a lot of those to Ellaria Sand after The Red Viper met his end. I bet they introduce her next season. She probably musters the Dornish army to King's Landing to battle the Golden Company.

vCash
    The leaked script had Cersi waking up in bloody sheets with a miscarriage before the scene of the Night King fubaring the Wall. I don't remember seeing that at all in last night's episode.
    Yep, I even saw a review talking about it and I told my wife we would have to rewatch it because maybe we missed it somehow.

vCash
    I believe in the books the Prince of Dorne had a sister that had some big chunks of scenes but they gave a lot of those to Ellaria Sand after The Red Viper met his end. I bet they introduce her next season. She probably musters the Dornish army to King's Landing to battle the Golden Company.
    I think they cut her out entirely of the show. I mentioned that to my wife that Dorne is basically eliminated from the show. When they killed the Prince's son there is no way they would have let his sister live if she was on the show. The show writers butchered that whole storyline from the books. They probably get some kind of mention next season with just being people coming to fight.

vCash
    Haven't seen it mentioned here but did anybody see the jealousy on Tyrion's face when he realized that Snow was in there laying the pipe to Dany? Interested how he feels about that and what he may do when it's time to choose between Lannisters and Targaryens again.
    Also, how did Ned not tell Catelyn about who Jon really was? Snow's presence caused all sorts of strife in the stark household early on as said by Cat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned here but did anybody see the jealousy on Tyrion's face when he realized that Snow was in there laying the pipe to Dany? Interested how he feels about that and what he may do when it's time to choose between Lannisters and Targaryens again.
    Also, how did Ned not tell Catelyn about who Jon really was? Snow's presence caused all sorts of strife in the stark household early on as said by Cat
    I am not sure if Tyrion was jealous or if he just thought it wasn't a good idea. The people in the North might not be as accepting if they think Jon is just mesmerized by the poon.

As honorable as Ned was, it was Lyanna's dying wish that he never tell anyone. With all the little birds who could eavesdrop even in Winterfell, Ned wouldn't risk Jon's life just so he could tell Cat. He probably thought that Jon joining the Night's Watch was the only chance he had of living. Aemon Targaryan already lived at the wall so Robert at least left them alone. It was why Ned said he would tell Jon about his mother the next time he saw him when he would be a brother of the Night's watch.