Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

vCash
    Best episode of the season so far.

vCash
    Great episode with a lot happening. Maybe Arya shows up right before Jon in Winterfell.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Dany getting schooled fighting an actual army instead of slave owners.

vCash
    Not very often that Tyrion is a step behind. I loved it when Dany called him out on quoting what he said as being a famous quote. I think the rest of the episodes are going to be closer to that rather than slow building. Too much has to happen with not a lot of shows left.

vCash
    Damn good episode. Shocked to see Jaime a step ahead of Tyrion. The Unsullied are screwed and a huge piece of Dany's war machine is now de facto incapacitated. Loved how the Queen of Thorns slid the proverbial knife into Jaime as she died. One of the best deaths on the show by far to date with that whole exchange.

Sansa knows Littlefinger is full of shit and only wants what benefits himself but still can't stop herself from listening to him. Bran's return was a bit anticlimactic, honestly. All he wound off doing was sending Sansa into meltdown and being unable to tell John what he knows. His story arc just bores me.

Sam got a big win healing Jorah. Hopefully he'll gain the Archmaester's trust soon and be able to gain more knowledge that helps against the White Walkers.

The Dany-Jon-Tyrion-Davos interaction is awesome. Really love having all of them to
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Damn good episode. Shocked to see Jaime a step ahead of Tyrion. The Unsullied are screwed and a huge piece of Dany's war machine is now de facto incapacitated. Loved how the Queen of Thorns slid the proverbial knife into Jaime as she died. One of the best deaths on the show by far to date with that whole exchange.

Sansa knows Littlefinger is full of shit and only wants what benefits himself but still can't stop herself from listening to him. Bran's return was a bit anticlimactic, honestly. All he wound off doing was sending Sansa into meltdown and being unable to tell John what he knows. His story arc just bores me.

Sam got a big win healing Jorah. Hopefully he'll gain the Archmaester's trust soon and be able to gain more knowledge that helps against the White Walkers.

The Dany-Jon-Tyrion-Davos interaction is awesome. Really love having all of them to
    I was actually wondering if maybe one of the scrolls he is supposed to be copying might have something to do with the Long Night and the Others. I was hoping that Sam would tell Jorah about the Others and how the Dragon Glass would kill them. It would be a reenforcement of what Jon is saying but from someone Dany trusts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I was actually wondering if maybe one of the scrolls he is supposed to be copying might have something to do with the Long Night and the Others. I was hoping that Sam would tell Jorah about the Others and how the Dragon Glass would kill them. It would be a reenforcement of what Jon is saying but from someone Dany trusts.
    I wondered that as well. It would certainly fit with how the story has unfolded thus far for an important task to be disguised and dismissed as just another mundane task. Excellent idea about Sam using Jorah as a bit of a stalking horse. Unfortunately, he has no idea that Jon is with Dany. And who knows, maybe a conversation along those lines happened off screen, although I'd be more likely to say it didn't. Still, hell of an idea. Maybe you should be writing scripts!
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I wondered that as well. It would certainly fit with how the story has unfolded thus far for an important task to be disguised and dismissed as just another mundane task. Excellent idea about Sam using Jorah as a bit of a stalking horse. Unfortunately, he has no idea that Jon is with Dany. And who knows, maybe a conversation along those lines happened off screen, although I'd be more likely to say it didn't. Still, hell of an idea. Maybe you should be writing scripts!
    I don't think Jorah has left yet officially. Y'all called it though
    Last edited by Dallas_Dawg; 08-04-2017 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    I don't think Jorah has left yet officially. Y'all call it though
    It looked kind of final when Sam shook his hand. It also can come up when Jorah gets back and maybe Jon is in the room when he says Sam Tarley cured him. I love the show but I am kind of tired of the political moves. I am ready for some dragons and Others to fight.

vCash
    Holy shit....that episode was in tents.

vCash
    You will not loose a battle when you have the only "Dragon Air force" dropping Napalm. That was one bad ass episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You will not loose a battle when you have the only "Dragon Air force" dropping Napalm. That was one bad ass episode.
    Whenever Jon finds out Bran is the three eyed raven and can take over the dragons, Dany 17ed. I didn't read the books and don't know if Dany is really that hateable or if Emilia Clarke is so shitty of an actress you just want the character to die since she isn't whipping out her tits anymore. Hopefully Euron kills all of the unsullied so we don't have to hear about those cockless bastards anymore or watch grey worms awkward ass on screen.

vCash
    Damn, I wanted Bran to kill that 17ing Dragon! I hate Emilia Clarke, I was hoping she was flattened when that dragon took a dive bomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Whenever Jon finds out Bran is the three eyed raven and can take over the dragons, Dany 17ed. I didn't read the books and don't know if Dany is really that hateable or if Emilia Clarke is so shitty of an actress you just want the character to die since she isn't whipping out her tits anymore. Hopefully Euron kills all of the unsullied so we don't have to hear about those cockless bastards anymore or watch grey worms awkward ass on screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    Damn, I wanted Bran to kill that 17ing Dragon! I hate Emilia Clarke, I was hoping she was flattened when that dragon took a dive bomb.
    Lemme guess....you're rooting for the white walkers?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Just talking out of my ass. I admitted to not reading the books, so I don't know if Dany is awful in the books or Clarke is so bad you hate Dany.

vCash
    No way they let Jaime die like that so I imagine someone rescues him off the bottom of the lake somehow. Not many episodes left and I was mad that they cut the episode 10 minutes short. I will say they made some shit happen. Not much time spent dragging on with something that didn't matter that much. It kind of pisses me off that I had to watch any of that time waste in Dorne now since it obviously doesn't matter at all. I doubt we see anything to do with Dorne unless the Dornish people come North to fight the White Walkers. Other than that the show butchered that entire story line from the book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    No way they let Jaime die like that so I imagine someone rescues him off the bottom of the lake somehow. Not many episodes left and I was mad that they cut the episode 10 minutes short. I will say they made some shit happen. Not much time spent dragging on with something that didn't matter that much. It kind of pisses me off that I had to watch any of that time waste in Dorne now since it obviously doesn't matter at all. I doubt we see anything to do with Dorne unless the Dornish people come North to fight the White Walkers. Other than that the show butchered that entire story line from the book.
    I'm betting Jamie, Bronn, and the Tarlys will be Dany's prisoners to start the episode next week. It'll be cool to see Jamie and Bronn reunited with Tyrion.

Yeah, I was pissed the episode was cut short too. They've never done that before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm betting Jamie, Bronn, and the Tarlys will be Dany's prisoners to start the episode next week. It'll be cool to see Jamie and Bronn reunited with Tyrion.

Yeah, I was pissed the episode was cut short too. They've never done that before.
    It will be interesting to see how Dany handles Bronn since he is the one who shot Drogon. Jaime also now knows that Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey although he still killed Tywin. I wonder if Sam will end up going to Dragonstone where the Tarly's might be prisoners. 3 episodes left this year and 6 next year with a lot left to happen.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    The dragon battle was amazing. And I really dug Arya's return to Winterfell, and I'm cool with how Jon and Dany's relationship is progressing, too. Great episode.

But what the eff's the deal with Bran's recent descent into glassy-eyed crazytown? And let me preface my beef by saying that I was one of the very few uber-nerds who was really into Bran's story at the end of season 4 only to be let down in season 6. Fireball wielding androgynous pixie emerges from a cave hurling fireballs at the undead to save Bran and lead him to a mystical-looking shaman seated among the roots of an ancient tree? Kapow, Children of the Forest, bitches! Time for Bran to become an all-knowing wizard. Fast forward to season 6, and the Children of the Forest have morphed into adult, low-level Dr. Moroeau extras, the three-eyed-raven is just some dude in a black robe, and Bran's training is tagalong flashback watching (important though the details may have been). Bottom line, I thought it was a waste.

But regardless, when the hell did Bran become catatonic? Meera said "You died in that cave." Really? Because I didn't see that. During his training (when he tried to talk to his dad and raptly watched him during the Tower of Joy vision), he was the same ole Bran. When he encountered the Ice King in his vision (and became visibly frightened and screamed), he was the same ole Bran. During his escape from the cave as he was stuck in a vision (when he smiled as he watched his grandfather leave his father at Winterfell), he was the same ole Bran. And when he met up with his uncle on his trek to the wall (when he expressed adolescent frustration about how he couldn't control his visions), he was the same ole Bran.

So, again, whence Bran the Dud? (Zinger to Little Finger notwithstanding.) I get the explanation. The visions are just too much for him. But it was just dropped in our laps with zero context, explanation, or development. If you're going to go that way, why not just have it happen slowly over these first few episodes? But why even go there? We didn't get tons of screen time from Max Von Sydow as the previous Three Eyed Raven, but even he was more animated (at least in the visions) than Bran is now.

- inconsequential rant over -

So yeah, I'm stoked about how things are going. And I agree with you, Beardo, re: Bronn and Jamie's fate. Too many awesome possibilities for interactions with Tyrion not to go that route. (Plus, I'm not sure what the alternative is.)