Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    The dragon battle was amazing. And I really dug Arya's return to Winterfell, and I'm cool with how Jon and Dany's relationship is progressing, too. Great episode.

But what the eff's the deal with Bran's recent descent into glassy-eyed crazytown? And let me preface my beef by saying that I was one of the very few uber-nerds who was really into Bran's story at the end of season 4 only to be let down in season 6. Fireball wielding androgynous pixie emerges from a cave hurling fireballs at the undead to save Bran and lead him to a mystical-looking shaman seated among the roots of an ancient tree? Kapow, Children of the Forest, bitches! Time for Bran to become an all-knowing wizard. Fast forward to season 6, and the Children of the Forest have morphed into adult, low-level Dr. Moroeau extras, the three-eyed-raven is just some dude in a black robe, and Bran's training is tagalong flashback watching (important though the details may have been). Bottom line, I thought it was a waste.

But regardless, when the hell did Bran become catatonic? Meera said "You died in that cave." Really? Because I didn't see that. During his training (when he tried to talk to his dad and raptly watched him during the Tower of Joy vision), he was the same ole Bran. When he encountered the Ice King in his vision (and became visibly frightened and screamed), he was the same ole Bran. During his escape from the cave as he was stuck in a vision (when he smiled as he watched his grandfather leave his father at Winterfell), he was the same ole Bran. And when he met up with his uncle on his trek to the wall (when he expressed adolescent frustration about how he couldn't control his visions), he was the same ole Bran.

So, again, whence Bran the Dud? (Zinger to Little Finger notwithstanding.) I get the explanation. The visions are just too much for him. But it was just dropped in our laps with zero context, explanation, or development. If you're going to go that way, why not just have it happen slowly over these first few episodes? But why even go there? We didn't get tons of screen time from Max Von Sydow as the previous Three Eyed Raven, but even he was more animated (at least in the visions) than Bran is now.

- inconsequential rant over -

So yeah, I'm stoked about how things are going. And I agree with you, Beardo, re: Bronn and Jamie's fate. Too many awesome possibilities for interactions with Tyrion not to go that route. (Plus, I'm not sure what the alternative is.)
    It is almost like Bran is becoming similar to being autistic with information overload. I agree, Bran should have been slowly going there and it was almost like the talk with Meera was how it should have happened if he acted weird after the first time with the 3 eyed raven. He was still pretty normal in the cave. I wonder if we see Meera at some point in the future or is it like they are just doing a shitty version of tying up loose ends. I believe GRRM when he says the books will be different. There is way more out there that is going on where the show is just condensing stories like crazy.

vCash
    Blah, Blah.... a pox on GRRM.

Quit signing Batman posters and give us TWOW.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Last night was a set up episode for the last 2 episodes of the season. I think a big part of next week will be who comes back to the wall alive and they will have 1 of the others to show the Queens. I believe the last episode will be the meeting and Jon showing up with a White Walker. I wonder if Jon will have his conversation with Bran to find out he isn't Ned's son. I could see the Northern lords with Littlefinger's help renouncing Jon and backing Sansa if it becomes known that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I could also see Sansa trying to keep Jon from letting people know because she really does want to do what is right. It will be interesting to see if Sam connects the dots from what Gilly said about Rhaegar and Lyanna being married.

I wonder if that is foreshadowing for when maybe Jon and Sam are meeting and they start talking about Rhaegar being Jon's real dad after he learns it from Bran. Gilly could be in the room and just casually say "Is that the guy that got the annulment and married Lyanna?". I am ready to watch the last 2 but I think it will be Cersi and Dany finally agreeing that they have to fight the Others before finishing up with each other. I think the first half of next season will be fighting the Night King and the back half will be who sits on the Iron Throne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Last night was a set up episode for the last 2 episodes of the season. I think a big part of next week will be who comes back to the wall alive and they will have 1 of the others to show the Queens. I believe the last episode will be the meeting and Jon showing up with a White Walker. I wonder if Jon will have his conversation with Bran to find out he isn't Ned's son. I could see the Northern lords with Littlefinger's help renouncing Jon and backing Sansa if it becomes known that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I could also see Sansa trying to keep Jon from letting people know because she really does want to do what is right. It will be interesting to see if Sam connects the dots from what Gilly said about Rhaegar and Lyanna being married.

I wonder if that is foreshadowing for when maybe Jon and Sam are meeting and they start talking about Rhaegar being Jon's real dad after he learns it from Bran. Gilly could be in the room and just casually say "Is that the guy that got the annulment and married Lyanna?". I am ready to watch the last 2 but I think it will be Cersi and Dany finally agreeing that they have to fight the Others before finishing up with each other. I think the first half of next season will be fighting the Night King and the back half will be who sits on the Iron Throne.
    I read the last leaked scripts online last night. I hate myself, but can't wait to see all of that play out on TV.

The level of awesome in the next two episodes will have people talking for months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I read the last leaked scripts online last night. I hate myself, but can't wait to see all of that play out on TV.

The level of awesome in the next two episodes will have people talking for months.
    I am trying to keep from reading them myself. They didn't show it but I hope they at least armed themselves with dragon glass weapons. From the previews it shows Jon and the Wildling running side by side. I really hope dude gets to hook up with Brienne just because he is hilarious. I figure from the previews that Bedric sp? lights up his sword as a last stand to give the other guys time to get away. He is already dead in the books and he is kind of looking for his purpose to die and stay dead. I saw that some people are thinking that Jorah is killed and comes back which is the white walker they bring back.

vCash
    I am trying to keep from reading them myself. They didn't show it but I hope they at least armed themselves with dragon glass weapons. From the previews it shows Jon and the Wildling running side by side. I really hope dude gets to hook up with Brienne just because he is hilarious. I figure from the previews that Bedric sp? lights up his sword as a last stand to give the other guys time to get away. He is already dead in the books and he is kind of looking for his purpose to die and stay dead. I saw that some people are thinking that Jorah is killed and comes back which is the white walker they bring back.
    Not gonna say yea or nay on those theories. You'll have to watch the show, but I will reveal this one thing. The Night King and one of the dragons (not Drogon) have an epic battle. That is going to be an ass puckering scene.

vCash
    Not gonna say yea or nay on those theories. You'll have to watch the show, but I will reveal this one thing. The Night King and one of the dragons (not Drogon) have an epic battle. That is going to be an ass puckering scene.
    I figure that is how the wall is going to come down, with dragon fire. It will either be an accident or the Night King gets control of a dragon and melts a hole in the wall. I figure next week will be mostly action and the final episode will be: Holy shit the Others are real by everyone that hasn't seen them and Holy Shit Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

vCash
    I figure that is how the wall is going to come down, with dragon fire. It will either be an accident or the Night King gets control of a dragon and melts a hole in the wall. I figure next week will be mostly action and the final episode will be: Holy shit the Others are real by everyone that hasn't seen them and Holy Shit Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.
    Oh, there are going to be a ton of Holy Shit moments in the last episode. It's almost an hour and a half long too.

vCash
    Oh, there are going to be a ton of Holy Shit moments in the last episode. It's almost an hour and a half long too.
    Just broke down a read a rough outline of the spoilers. It is going to be a fantastic ending if what I read was true. Next season is going to be pretty much war against the Others and then probably war for who sits the Iron Throne although I am not sure how many people will even be left. I could see someone coming from over the sea to end up conquering the people that are left so no one left would actually sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it although that would kind of be anti-climatic. GRRM needs to finish the damn book already or most people won't care that much. I think he is trying to differentiate it now so it is more different for book readers. He also is under extreme pressure since he has stated many times that this will be his legacy similar to JRR Tolkien. The RR in his name is even a nod to Tolkien.

vCash
    Just broke down a read a rough outline of the spoilers. It is going to be a fantastic ending if what I read was true. Next season is going to be pretty much war against the Others and then probably war for who sits the Iron Throne although I am not sure how many people will even be left. I could see someone coming from over the sea to end up conquering the people that are left so no one left would actually sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it although that would kind of be anti-climatic. GRRM needs to finish the damn book already or most people won't care that much. I think he is trying to differentiate it now so it is more different for book readers. He also is under extreme pressure since he has stated many times that this will be his legacy similar to JRR Tolkien. The RR in his name is even a nod to Tolkien.
    He has a small army of staffers that are just focused on continuity. They flag all of his rough drafts with stickers saying he's changing eye color, hair color, birth place and a number of other small details that readers will pick up on quickly. It's a very large undertaking to world-build a world of Westoros's size.

vCash
    He has a small army of staffers that are just focused on continuity. They flag all of his rough drafts with stickers saying he's changing eye color, hair color, birth place and a number of other small details that readers will pick up on quickly. It's a very large undertaking to world-build a world of Westoros's size.
    He is also a big fanboy of everything so that is probably something he would care about. He also has a lot of interests that take up his time. I saw where he asked Stephen King how he was able to put out so much, King just said he sits down and starts writing every day. It could end up being nothing and he either puts it up or throws it away. Sometimes what he writes ends up in an entirely different book but he always writes a certain amount of pages, good or bad. If GRRM doesn't feel like writing then he just doesn't.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

Just watched Ep.6 OH MY!!!!
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Just watched Ep.6 OH MY!!!!
    I'm waiting patiently. Reading the leaked scripts is where it ends for me. But it's tough.

vCash
    I'm waiting patiently. Reading the leaked scripts is where it ends for me. But it's tough.
    I am the same, I just read the synopsis of the scripts so it is just the highlights.

vCash
    I'm waiting for Sunday, but it's torture. Won't lie, I did download the leaked episode 4 early and watch. Only by a few hours, though. Trying to stay as spoiler free as possible, but it's tough. Part of me wants to know, part of me wants to be surprised.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Blah, Blah.... a pox on GRRM.

Quit signing Batman posters and give us TWOW.
    THIS.

Btw, you ever going to expand on some of your theories? I'll bump the old thread if needed.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    THIS.

Btw, you ever going to expand on some of your theories? I'll bump the old thread if needed.
    I second this, I would love to hear some new theories. I need to read back through the old thread.

vCash

Just watched GoT S7:Episode 6

It is amazeballs.

That is all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It is amazeballs.

That is all.
    Well send me a private message and give me the spoilers!!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Well send me a private message and give me the spoilers!!!
    It's up on Kodi