Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Bronn is Captain Badass. I'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't get his castle.
    He should get Dorne, a lot of pretty ladies for him down there.

vCash
    Just to throw some shit out here...

How y'all heard the Bran is really the Night King theory?

It kinda makes sense.

vCash

It kinda makes sense.
    Haven't heard that one. I have heard that he is actually Bran the Builder who travels back and builds the wall by warging into his ancestor. Some people have also said he is the voices that drives the Mad King insane also. It might be something the books get into but the show just glosses over.

vCash

It kinda makes sense.
    I've long suscribed to something to that effect.

The whole tower incident in the first Bran chapter/episode 1 is just to throw us off, painting Jamie as a villain and Bran as innocent. But in the end the role will be reversed with Jamie as the main hero and with everyone wondering if the whole world would be better off if Bran hadn't survived.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 08-21-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post

The whole tower incident in the first Bran chapter/episode 1 is just to throw us off, painting Jamie as a villain and Bran as innocent. But in the end the role will be reversed with Jamie as the main hero and with everyone wondering if the whole world would be better off if Bran hadn't survived.
    GRRM does like the curveball to everything. Jon being the bastard sent to the wall in the first book. You basically think he is some character of no importance. Now the show is basically revolving around him. It would be a huge twist if Jaime was Azor Azahi and Bran was the Night King. Not sure if Jaime could be the Prince that was Promised but people have said they might not be the same person.

vCash
    Th last two episodes have been incredible.

I wonder if the dragon will fly with the dead, or if he'll be like the guy who rescued J. Snow. Apparently not all the dead follow the night king. Would be cool if the dead dragon eventually turned back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Th last two episodes have been incredible.

I wonder if the dragon will fly with the dead, or if he'll be like the guy who rescued J. Snow. Apparently not all the dead follow the night king. Would be cool if the dead dragon eventually turned back.
    Now they will have Jon and Dany flying dragons against the Night King flying his. Although it does eliminate the whole "the dragon has 3 heads" prophecy. Maybe the dragon does turn against the Night King so we get the 3 Targs flying dragons similar to how Westeros was conquered to begin with. Dany, Jon, and "maybe Tyrion" so you have a girl and 2 guys instead of a Aegon and his 2 sisters.

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Uncle Benjen told Bran he was rescued by the Three Eyed Raven before he turned into a full wight.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    I really liked the episode as well, but the glaring timing issues and deus ex machina devices were annoying. In the span of a single day, dude jogs all the way back to the wall, a raven gets to Dany halfway across the continent, and Dany gets on a dragon, flies halfway across a continent, and arrives in the nick of time. That's not compressing the plot for narrative purposes like Jon's trip up north two episodes ago or the various fleets and armies sailing back and forth in the early part of the season. That's just contrived drama. And Jon's uncle riding in to for the rescue at the last minute from out of nowhere and then refusing to ride to safety with Jon because "there's no time"? Uh, what? Maybe that's the best way they could think of to kill off the uncle?

But again, that stuff aside, it was great. Lots of crazy possibilities now with the undead dragon.

What say y'all about Arya and Sansa? After Arya's thinly veiled threat, my first thought was "Welp, they're going to kill Arya next." But I'm not sure they've done enough with her character yet give how much time they built up her training. The mass murder of the Freys was big, but not big enough to be her final significant act before death. Also, what exactly is the game here for Littlefinger? Sure, with no Arya and Jon gone, everyone in the North will rally around Sansa, through whom Littlefinger will hope to ascend to power. But if he's even kind of paying attention to what's happening, his position that far north is not a good one without the help of Jon and his current allies. And then there's Bran, who, catatonic or not, surely has to have some role in the goings on at Winterfell. Sansa's and Arya's vacillations between sophistication and naivety are frustrating, especially in light of the bigger battle going on around them.

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Uncle Benjen told Bran he was rescued by the Three Eyed Raven before he turned into a full wight.
    I thought he was turned by the Children of the Forest but done differently than they did the Night King. It has been a while so it may have been the 3 eyed raven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I really liked the episode as well, but the glaring timing issues and deus ex machina devices were annoying. In the span of a single day, dude jogs all the way back to the wall, a raven gets to Dany halfway across the continent, and Dany gets on a dragon, flies halfway across a continent, and arrives in the nick of time. That's not compressing the plot for narrative purposes like Jon's trip up north two episodes ago or the various fleets and armies sailing back and forth in the early part of the season. That's just contrived drama. And Jon's uncle riding in to for the rescue at the last minute from out of nowhere and then refusing to ride to safety with Jon because "there's no time"? Uh, what? Maybe that's the best way they could think of to kill off the uncle?

But again, that stuff aside, it was great. Lots of crazy possibilities now with the undead dragon.

What say y'all about Arya and Sansa? After Arya's thinly veiled threat, my first thought was "Welp, they're going to kill Arya next." But I'm not sure they've done enough with her character yet give how much time they built up her training. The mass murder of the Freys was big, but not big enough to be her final significant act before death. Also, what exactly is the game here for Littlefinger? Sure, with no Arya and Jon gone, everyone in the North will rally around Sansa, through whom Littlefinger will hope to ascend to power. But if he's even kind of paying attention to what's happening, his position that far north is not a good one without the help of Jon and his current allies. And then there's Bran, who, catatonic or not, surely has to have some role in the goings on at Winterfell. Sansa's and Arya's vacillations between sophistication and naivety are frustrating, especially in light of the bigger battle going on around them.
    The whole time issue kind of bugged me also but I just had to let it roll off my back. The episode was good other than that. Jon killing the dead while everyone else was getting on the dragon was also kind of dumb. Also Benjen dieing like that was anticlimatic. I could see him saying the horse wasn't strong enough to carry them as fast as they needed because that makes sense. Him saying there is no time was shitty writing. That is the biggest thing that has stuck out is how much better of a writer that GRRM actually is. A lot of what is happening now could almost be pulled from message board posts and the dialog isn't as sharp.

vCash
    I read where the producers said things were moving faster this season and next. I understand why now. It's all the outline GRRM gave them. There are no subtle subplots or long narratives to muddle through. I would venture a guess that the whole dragons and wights beyond the wall scene is far longer and more detailed in Winds of Winter.

vCash
    I read where the producers said things were moving faster this season and next. I understand why now. It's all the outline GRRM gave them. There are no subtle subplots or long narratives to muddle through. I would venture a guess that the whole dragons and wights beyond the wall scene is far longer and more detailed in Winds of Winter.
    I think a lot of this is why GRRM has said the book will be different. They probably get to the arrow head mountain and pick off a scout. Instead of sending Gendry to run with all of them on their tails, they probably send him ahead to warn the Wall how close they are. It is probably a week or so trek with the dead army behind them instead of a short sprint. The book will allow more of the timeline to work out rather than rushing it so it fits in the action packed episode.

vCash
    Will the "Night King" use the dead dragon to melt the wall and castle Black.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Do you really want me to answer that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I thought that was pretty f'n obvious. What else would TNK need a fookin' undead dragon for? Also, it appears everyone who guessed Jon would ride Rhaegal was correct in their assumption. TNK killed Viserion, leaving Rhaegal. Thus, Jon will ride the dragon named for his father and Dany rides Drogon. I'm expecting at least one epic aerial battle between Jon/Rhaegal, Dany/Drogon, and TNK/Viserion before the story concludes.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash

It kinda makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post

I've been working on the assumption that Bran will actually be on the side of the Others/Walkers for some time based on the books. But somehow being the Night King would be exactly the type of crazy twist GRRM loves. Plus it'll be an incredibly emotionally moment when Jon has to kill his brother/cousin to save the realms of men.

Also gotta agree with Bear about Jamie being on a redemption arc, particularly in the books. I think his story is going to play out much differently than how it has on tv.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I've been working on the assumption that Bran will actually be on the side of the Others/Walkers for some time based on the books. But somehow being the Night King would be exactly the type of crazy twist GRRM loves. Plus it'll be an incredibly emotionally moment when Jon has to kill his brother/cousin to save the realms of men.

Also gotta agree with Bear about Jamie being on a redemption arc, particularly in the books. I think his story is going to play out much differently than how it has on tv.
    It would be interesting if Jamie creates Lightbringer by plunging it into Cersi's heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It would be interesting if Jamie creates Lightbringer by plunging it into Cersi's heart.
    Damn, that would be one hell of a twist. But I'm still on the bandwagon of The Hound being the Valonqar. He's going to take out Zombie Mountain then off Cersei.

vCash
    Just had a thought.

What if Bran time traveled to set up his assassination attempt with the dragonglass dagger b/c he knows he will eventually become the Night King?