Thread: Aaron Morgan commits

vCash

Aaron Morgan commits

6'3" 240 DE out of Miami. Who can fill in the blanks?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We saw him & worked him out at the Florida satellite camp. Had a really good day. Being recruited as a OLB/DE. Played last year at Hallandale HS but transferred to Miami Carol City 1 of the best HS in Florida.

http://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Morgan-46039690

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7868073/...24d8101c002cc6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Miami? He must have heard that Mullen invented football.

vCash
    Avery good pick up. He will get many more power 5 offers.
    And when we close with Williams, Crumedy, and Lovett that's a strong 4some
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-21-2017 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    A very good pick up. He will get many more power 5 offers.
    And when we close with Williams, Crumedy, and Lovett that's a strong 4some
    Not trying to rain on the parade, however, this is the type of guy from out of state that when he blows up, we lose him in about December. So call me in feb before I get excited.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-21-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not trying to rain on the parade, however, this is the type of guy from out of state that when he blows up, we lose him in about December. So call me in feb before I get excited.
    You can say this about literally every single football commit and it'd be accurate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I thought it was the four star receivers on every street corner we were supposed to be recruiting from down there.

vCash
    We bitch when we don't recruit out of state enough, we moan and groan when we don't get commits from out of state kids, might as bitch and moan when we do get one to commit.

If he decommits so be it, at least Tbuck busts his ass enough to get guys interested and commit.

vCash
    We bitch when we don't recruit out of state enough, we moan and groan when we don't get commits from out of state kids, might as bitch and moan when we do get one to commit.

If he decommits so be it, at least Tbuck busts his ass enough to get guys interested and commit.
    Amen to that. It's a start.

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    If we don't recruit them, we're not going to get them. Decommits happen to all schools, yes even Alabama. We have to be in the game and part of the game is to have a Plan B and Plan C and be ready to use them. If we get 5 early commits from players who blow up later in the process and have 4 that decommit, we're still getting 1 really good player. I'll take getting 20% of the highest ranked players we offer.

vCash
    Honestly though, we shouldn't lose D-line or LB'er commits to very many schools, like very few. Playing on D at MSU is a pretty big deal if you're a recruit. It's not an opportunity to play around with.

vCash
    IYOK or Ari. What are the numbers looking like for 2018. Isn't it supposed to be a smaller class?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    IYOK or Ari. What are the numbers looking like for 2018. Isn't it supposed to be a smaller class?
    I think it will end up around 22-24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Numbers will always work themselves out.. It will be smaller than normal. Will get a better idea after BDC.

vCash

Well somebody busted their ass last year to get the DE dude from Miami that jilted us for TN. Now, if Morgan is truly who we want we have to go after him, I just don't want a guy holding a spot if he is not truly committed that prevents us from getting a guy that's nearly as good closer by that would come with us. And most places around the Southeast we do pretty well holding our commitments, but South Florida isn't really one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well somebody busted their ass last year to get the DE dude from Miami that jilted us for TN. Now, if Morgan is truly who we want we have to go after him, I just don't want a guy holding a spot if he is not truly committed that prevents us from getting a guy that's nearly as good closer by that would come with us. And most places around the Southeast we do pretty well holding our commitments, but South Florida isn't really one of them.
    It's funny that the distance excuse is offered a lot if an out of state recruit jumps ship on us, but there's no distance issue for traditional football programs.