Thread: So who at Ole Miss ....

vCash

So who at Ole Miss ....

leaked the student athlete names? That is definitely a Federal crime with pretty severe consequences.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 06-21-2017 at 11:14 AM.

vCash
    Their message board guys were among the first to report it, somimagine some depositions will be lined up for them fairly soon. At least that's where I'd start if I was inn the legal team. They're connected red to each be everyone from he players, to the coaches, to the boosters. You could get a pretty good lay of the land by starting with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    leaked the student athlete names? That is definitely a Federal crime with pretty sever consequences.
    Some one in the AD's office to the OM Spirit gays.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    ole miss used FERPA to block the release of all 54 emails sent to their compliance department, yet Leo's identity has not been protected under the same expectation of privacy.

vCash
    Do the boosters referenced in the NOA receive an unredacted copy? If so, there's nothing keeping them from leaking it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    Do the boosters referenced in the NOA receive an unredacted copy? If so, there's nothing keeping them from leaking it.
    Leo's name was leaked way way before they received the NOA. The effort to discredit Leo began last fall. OM's athletic department leaked it out to the Spirit boys to begin the smear campaign
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    The inclusion of his tweet in OM's response, especially when it wasn't redacted, is a pretty transparent move to make it clear who that was. Because that was left unredacted, it should be a pretty easy thing to force them to leave all the other information unredacted as well.

vCash
    Boosters are reps of the university's athletic department. I think FERPA covers them too. It doesn't matter though, because the names were leaked prior to them receiving the NOA. Somebody at UM should be in trouble. There also should be a LOT of Federal money taken away from them.

vCash
    I would have to say the leak originated in Ole Miss Atletic Department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Boosters are reps of the university's athletic department. I think FERPA covers them too. It doesn't matter though, because the names were leaked prior to them receiving the NOA. Somebody at UM should be in trouble. There also should be a LOT of Federal money taken away from them.
    I'd be surprised if FERPA extended that far, but I'm out of my element on that one. If that's true, then there is no doubt he'll to pay.

vCash
    I'm no legal expert, but when I took a quick look at the FERPA language, it looked to me that simply mentioning a student's name publicly is not a violation. It has to be tied directly to a specific thing FERPA covers, for example, it would be a violation for UNM to release his name along with his grades transcript.

Again, I'm no lawyer, but that's the way I interpret it. I hope I'm wrong, and even if I'm not, I would think the NCAA is pissed about this regardless. It is a clear attempt to circumvent the NCAA's rules on the matter, as well as a clear attempt to intimidate the NCAA's witnesses.

Don't see that ending well for UNM in the area that actually matters to UNM fans...their athletics program. I would bet most of them don't give much of a damn about the owner of Rebel Rags one way or the other, beyond whether or not his suit will help them with their NCAA case. But they are too ignorant to realize there's a better chance it actually makes things worse for them with the NCAA...not better.

They are just throwing more gas on that blazing dumpster fire, and the NCAA is going to put it out with a COI tsunami of regulatory destruction.

vCash
    I have two Ole Miss booster friends and they do not know one another. They both stated the same BS about how the NCAA was the one that leaked the names of our players. I tried to have a logical conversation with them, but that is damn near impossible to do. Anyway, the new Ole Miss narrative is that the NCAA leaked out the names.

vCash
    They'd better order an 18 wheeler load of lube because it's going to feel like a bull elephant mounted them when it's all said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    They'd better order an 18 wheeler load of lube because it's going to feel like a bull elephant mounted them when it's all said and done.
    Some of their wives and daughters have already felt that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    ole miss used FERPA to block the release of all 54 emails sent to their compliance department, yet Leo's identity has not been protected under the same expectation of privacy.
    Yup. I'd definitely be suing someone at UM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    I'm no legal expert, but when I took a quick look at the FERPA language, it looked to me that simply mentioning a student's name publicly is not a violation. It has to be tied directly to a specific thing FERPA covers, for example, it would be a violation for UNM to release his name along with his grades transcript.

Again, I'm no lawyer, but that's the way I interpret it. I hope I'm wrong, and even if I'm not, I would think the NCAA is pissed about this regardless. It is a clear attempt to circumvent the NCAA's rules on the matter, as well as a clear attempt to intimidate the NCAA's witnesses.

Don't see that ending well for UNM in the area that actually matters to UNM fans...their athletics program. I would bet most of them don't give much of a damn about the owner of Rebel Rags one way or the other, beyond whether or not his suit will help them with their NCAA case. But they are too ignorant to realize there's a better chance it actually makes things worse for them with the NCAA...not better.

They are just throwing more gas on that blazing dumpster fire, and the NCAA is going to put it out with a COI tsunami of regulatory destruction.
    I think that this "leak" seals Bjork's show clause, an ethical man would have stopped this and followed the intention of the law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg View Post
    I have two Ole Miss booster friends and they do not know one another. They both stated the same BS about how the NCAA was the one that leaked the names of our players. I tried to have a logical conversation with them, but that is damn near impossible to do. Anyway, the new Ole Miss narrative is that the NCAA leaked out the names.
    Did you get the blank stare when you asked them how it benefits the NCAA to leak the names? It is like when you hear a parrot talking. The parrot will repeat the phrase over and over but it has no clue what the words mean.

vCash
    No- they only get the part involving them