Thread: SA 1 - SA 38

vCash

SA 1 - SA 38

Did OM forget about these allegations surrounding more than 3 dozen student athletes?

Academic fraud? Improper contact? Coaches and boosters together with PSA's? The Tunsil stories? The cash? The moving van? The light bill? The money just to get visits?

I know I'm missing a lot. I simply can't keep up with the multitude of allegations they've been hit with. Howevere, all of this has seemingly disappeared. They, as usual, are controlling the PR front and are successfully making the LARGEST NCAA investigation in 30-years, if not ever, all about 1 or 2 kids. They probably tried to do that to help their fans cope, but now it's become something more. They plan on fighting this whole thing through the public. They think a strong enough PR campaign about 1-2 kids will be enough to get everyone to forget the others involved. So, State fans, stay focused. Throw aside their lies about our guys and focus on the other 20+ allegations, starting with the allegations that they let kids get into college and receive your tax dollars even though those kids never passed the college entrance exam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Did OM forget about these allegations surrounding more than 3 dozen student athletes?

Academic fraud? Improper contact? Coaches and boosters together with PSA's? The Tunsil stories? The cash? The moving van? The light bill? The money just to get visits?

I know I'm missing a lot. I simply can't keep up with the multitude of allegations they've been hit with. Howevere, all of this has seemingly disappeared. They, as usual, are controlling the PR front and are successfully making the LARGEST NCAA investigation in 30-years, if not ever, all about 1 or 2 kids. They probably tried to do that to help their fans cope, but now it's become something more. They plan on fighting this whole thing through the public. They think a strong enough PR campaign about 1-2 kids will be enough to get everyone to forget the others involved. So, State fans, stay focused. Throw aside their lies about our guys and focus on the other 20+ allegations, starting with the allegations that they let kids get into college and receive your tax dollars even though those kids never passed the college entrance exam.
    The whole plan is to discredit the LL/RR deal and use that as a springboard to sue the NCAA and have all the charges dismissed. They think it'll be like a house of cards once they get one legal victory.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    No one outside the south likes the sec, so no sympathy there.

No one in the sec likes om, so no sympathy there.

The only ones this will get sympathy from are the writers they pay for publicity and well, OM fans.

They fricked

vCash
    This has to hack the NCAA off. Ole Miss is once again trying to get around the NCAA and its rules. They aren't even trying to hide it or disguise it.

vCash
    I think at one point SA52 is mentioned...so, you're lowballing it Hack!!! And we're 10 out of 11 institutions mentioned!!

This is simply a case where a whole class told on a kid for cheating and he threatens to beat up the one kid he PERCEIVES (key word in this analogy) he thinks he can take...even though that one kid obliterated his ass in November and is going to do it again this November!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Don't leave off -- the SA's numbers go through 49 -- The last one attached to the Hunting Camp..... which has the appearance to be owned by an attorney booster.....

vCash
    Can we put together a list of all allegations NOT involving Leo & Kobe? That way everyone can copy & paste it as a response to any Reb online or on social media trying to pigeon hole this into being all about Leo & Kobe. I'd like every OM response on twitter & anywhere else to have that copied right below it, to help keep them from controlling it too much.

Oh, and Leo & Kobe's statements will not be thrown out....so this is all a big PR spin attempt like Hack said in the OP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Can we put together a list of all allegations NOT involving Leo & Kobe? That way everyone can copy & paste it as a response to any Reb online or on social media trying to pigeon hole this into being all about Leo & Kobe. I'd like every OM response on twitter & anywhere else to have that copied right below it, to help keep them from controlling it too much.

Oh, and Leo & Kobe's statements will not be thrown out....so this is all a big PR spin attempt like Hack said in the OP
    Excellent idea Cadaver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Excellent idea Cadaver.
    Our fans shouldn't argue with them & allow them to spin. Instead, just post their list of allegations over and over and over and over and over, Bc the facts cannot be argued. The debate ends with that list. Period. Post it and laugh

vCash

Pull out Allegation #9 and you still have 7 coaches facing show causes.

vCash
    A lot of what they are doing and the spin has a lot of similarities with the Albert Means case with the Bama Tenn feud. LL and MSU is what they are trying to make as the lynchpin of the case but it's a false narrative. For Bama it was all Fulmer and Tenn even though it was Arkansas who turned them in directly (backed by physical evidence). Now Fulmer did give testimony that hurt Bama and went above what he probably should have talked about, but he wasn't the only one. But a lot of the lawsuits were aimed at Tenn and Fulmer; Cottrell, Ivy, Kenny Smith, Wendall Smith...those cases all were dismissed and NONE intimidated the NCAA to drop or reduce penalties. But to this day a vast majority of Bama fans solely blame Fulmer and Tenn, forgetting all of the other schools involved and it was actually Nutt and Arkansas who turned them in directly. Tenn only notified the SEC office that there were issues with Means recruitment and did not name another school in writing. The SEC wrote that off as a rumor at the time. That is the red meat they are pushing to their douche fans, keep looking over here at LL and MSU while you gullible fans forget the other 19 allegations that would not change if you remove LL testimony that is disputed. It would be more than enough to still be the largest and most severe case since SMU. It's a PR scam.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 06-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No one outside the south likes the sec, so no sympathy there.

No one in the sec likes om, so no sympathy there.

The only ones this will get sympathy from are the writers they pay for publicity and well, OM fans.

They fricked
    This. This a million times. Ole Miss is vastly overestimating its support. But there should be something said about cowards who hide while they publically drag a student athlete's names through the mud. This is what's wrong with MS. Its a microcosm of everything with this state. Shelby Foote once said that the wealthy sit atop the heap in MS like ignorant toads keeping everyone below them down and ignorant as well. I used to didn't believe that about my native state.......

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    These shitbirds better be worried about the shitload of allegations against them rather than just rebel tampon shop.

vCash

I'll be glad to do it, just tell me how it'd be different than the spreadsheet going around with all the charges... or Devious could do it since he's probably got the other one saved on his hard drive.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I'll be glad to do it, just tell me how it'd be different than the spreadsheet going around with all the charges... or Devious could do it since he's probably got the other one saved on his hard drive.
    Repost the spreadsheet and anything else. Devious, if you're reading this, can you provide a copy & paste breakdown of pain for all State fans to use?

vCash

Here is what the NCAA Matrix Dictates

They will be punished at the Aggravation level. See bottom for proof that's what the enforcement guy are pushing for.

My guess at the punishment:

1. Three Year post season ban.
    2. Financial Penalties in the 7 figures.
    3. 42 scholarships.
    4. Show-Cause orders dictated at 5-10.
    5. Freeze suspended 12 games.
    6. Recruiting Restrictions (about 75% of allowed cuts this group.)
    7. Probation of 8 years. (Min is 6.)

SUPPLEMENT NO. 3A DI Board of Directors 8/12 Page No. 2 _________ Adoption of Penalty Guidelines for Core Penalties As revised, Bylaw 19 would include penalty guidelines clearly specifying core penalties for Level I and II cases.

After determining the appropriate sublevel (aggravation, standard or mitigation) for Level I or II cases, the COI will prescribe a penalty from a range of set penalty guidelines in each of the following areas: (a) competition limitations; (b) financial penalties; (c) scholarship limitations; (d) recruiting limitations; (e) probation; (f) when applicable, show-cause orders. If extenuating circumstances are found, the COI will have discretion to depart from the core penalties. The COI will also retain discretion to apply additional penalties and to consider the impact on student athletes who were not involved in the violation. Although the COI retains some discretion to prescribe the appropriate mix of penalties for a particular case, it is expected that the penalties for these Level I and II cases will be significantly more stringent than those for the current major cases.

Looks like the normal course of action would be to look at the whole case and determine if it rises to Aggravation from Standard.

Competition Penalties: Postseason Ban: 2-4 years

Financial Penalties: This one is nasty.....
    -Fine (5k + 3 to 5 percent of total budget for sport program) A 7 figure number.
    -Negate revenue from sport program for years in which violations occurred. (Impose this penalty if greater than percent of budget fine + $5,000) An 8 figure number.

Scholarship Reductions of Involved: (25-50 percent) "21 to 42" (Doesn't say for how long.)

Show-Cause Order: 5 to 10 years.

Head Coach Restrictions: (game suspensions via show cause.) 50 to 100 percent of season.

Recruiting Visit Restrictions:
    -14 to 26 week ban on unofficial visits (No scheduled unofficial visits and no complimentary tickets.
    -25 to 50% cuts in official paid visits (Based on the average number provided during the previous 4 years.) Football: 15 to 28 visits (need to account for unused visits from the previous year, if any)

Recruiting Communication Restrictions: 25 to 50% 14 to 26 week ban on communication with all prospects (No recruits that year)

Off-Campus Recruiting Restrictions: 25 to 50% Sports with no limits: 14- to 26-week ban on all contacts and evaluations
    25 to 50% cuts in Recruiting Person Days (RPD) or Evaluation Days (ED)
    MFB: 11 to 21 Fall; 44 to 84 Spring (ED)

Probation: 6 to 10 years.

###########

Aggravating factors are listed below. (The factors in bold are found in the 2nd NOA.) There no way they will not be penalized at the Aggravation level.

Aggravating factors.
    -- Multiple Level I violations by the institution or involved individual;
    -- A history of Level I, Level II or major violations by the institution , sport
    program(s) or involved individual. Additional considerations include:
    - The amount of time between the occurrences of violations;
    - The similarity, severity and types of violations involved;

- Efforts to implement previously prescribed corrective measures;
    and
    - Other factors the committee deems relevant to the infractions history.
    -- Lack of institutional control;
    -- Obstructing an investigation or attempting to conceal the violation;
    -- Unethical conduct, compromising the integrity of an investigation, failing to
    cooperate during an investigation or refusing to provide all relevant or
    requested information;
    -- Violations were deliberate, premeditated or committed after substantial planning;
    -- Multiple Level II violations by the institution or involved individual;
    -- Persons of authority condoned, participated in or negligently
    disregarded the violation or related wrongful conduct;
    -- One or more violations caused significant ineligibility or other substantial
    harm to a student-athlete or prospective student-athlete;

-- Conduct or circumstances demonstrating an abuse of a position of trust;
    -- A pattern of noncompliance within the sport program(s) involved;
    -- Conduct intended to generate pecuniary gain for the institution or involved individual;
    -- Intentional, willful or blatant disregard for the NCAA Constitution or bylaws; or
    -- Other facts warranting a more severe penalty.

vCash
    A 2 year death penalty may be easier to recover from.

vCash
    Here's DeviousDawg's spreadsheet again.

vCash
    I spent the last couple of days with an OM guy on a rained out golf trip. He's the most realistic bear I know. He believes they will get the hammer that will take 10 years to recover from. But....still thinks coach Beaver is a fine man. I guess they all feel that way...ha. He said their season ticket sales are off by 50% to this point. Anyone know if this is true?