Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recanted stories .. idiots galore

vCash

Recanted stories .. idiots galore

What the hell?

Scotty Mac‏
    @heyscottymac

Just got off phone with my Ole Miss source. Huge news about to break in Oxford and elsewhere about certain stories being recanted.

Retweets 76
    Likes 101

vCash
    I call bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    What the hell?

Scotty Mac‏
    @heyscottymac

Just got off phone with my Ole Miss source. Huge news about to break in Oxford and elsewhere about certain stories being recanted.

Retweets 76
    Likes 101
    Same old same old

There is no investigation
    Well, only women's bb and track
    Well, some football but only a previous coach
    Well, one or two very minor under the current coach
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    All the way to "Leo and Kobe are recanting their stories"
    "Well, not quite recanting but THEY'RE THINKING ABOUT RECANTING THEIR STORIES!"

vCash

Lightbulb Why are there no tags on RR clothes?

Steve WARNED that crap will start pouring out of OM and it is not true.... They are trying to make MSU look bad to the recruits that are signing with us..
    That was on the Barnyard yesterday.... 6/20/2017.

OM, their media thugs, boosters and fans are delusional at the very least.

So this is the latest post.... Scotty Mac‏ @heyscottymac 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    [IQuestion: If Rebel Rags store does not have tags that set off alarms, then why would players testify that employees were cutting the tags?
    [/I]

@@@@@There are tags required by law on the clothes (Materials, washing instructions) Logo Tags (required by the company, ie Nike), and the price tag.... You would need the price tag to report merchandise "Donated".....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 06-21-2017 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    I will just leave this one here.... For your reading enjoyment.... [url]http://www.inweekly.net Country Boy Gone Bad by Rick Outzen

Local Radio Host Bilks Investors

Country boy goes badagain and again. That could be the theme song of sports radio host Charles "Scott" McKinney, who was recently convicted on nine counts of theft and single counts of organized fraud, money laundering and racketeering. The Booneville, Miss. native pleaded guilty on Jan. 2 and could serve up to five years in prison for scamming investors out of more than $178,000.

According to assistant state attorney Russ Edgar, eight of the theft charges involved money taken from investors in McKinney's radio program, Southern Sports Tonight, which broadcasts on The Ticket 98.1. The ninth charge involved him stealing about $10,000 from his ex-fiancee using her credit card.

NOT FIRST SCAM

However, this isn't the first time McKinney, who once worked as an assistant sports information director at the University of Mississippi, has taken money from investors for his radio show. He had run a similar investment scam in Mississippi and Tennessee costing investors hundreds of thousands of dollars before he moved to the Destin area in 2005.

At one time, the Southern Sports Tonight show was heard on nearly 115 stations from Texas to South Carolina. In 2001 and 2002, investors in Mississippi and Tennessee gave McKinney about $140,000 for part-ownership in the show. Edgar's investigation found several judgments against McKinney, including one from the Internal Revenue Service and two from Mississippi banks for defaulted loans.

"HE STOPPED BEING SCOTT"

Ron Higgins worked for McKinney when he broadcast Southern Sports Tonight from Memphis and had known the host when McKinney worked at Ole Miss. Higgins claims that McKinney owes him about $25,000 for work on the show.

"Somewhere along the line he stopped being Scott," Higgins says. "At one time he was this genuine country boy from Mississippi, but somewhere along the line he got in over his head. He tried to live a lifestyle that he wasn't used to and screwed a lot of his friends.

People that trusted him and believed he was genuine. He just screwed all of them.

Somewhere along the line he changed, and it finally caught up with him."

Higgins, who is a sports reporter for the Commercial Appeal, says that when McKinney did pay him, the checks bounced.

"I'd like to feel sorry for him, but at this point I can't, since he has messed over so many people in almost the same way. I am glad the state of Florida finally ran him downit's amazing to me he is still on the air."

DESTIN RESURRECTION

McKinney moved to the Destin area in 2005, following his former sidekick Coach Max Howell to WTKE-FM The Ticket 98.1. Howell left the station, but McKinney resurrected Southern Sports Tonight and formed a series of Florida limited partnerships.

He almost immediately began courting local business owners and sports fans as investors. McKinney told investigators that he believed he could rebuild Southern Sports Tonight into a regionally syndicated program quickly if he could raise $75,000 for the necessary equipment and operating capital to pay for the satellite time, which ranged from $3,500 to $6,500 per month.

From July 2005 to December 2006, McKinney sold and resold 254 percent of his radio program for $209,900. The money was supposedly to pay for equipment and the necessary productions to syndicate the show. Originally McKinney claimed the funds given to him were loans. However, the investors had documents signed by him that proved otherwise.

Brian Campbell of Freeport, Fla. is one such investor. Campbell and his friend Bryan Young paid $50,000 for 49 percent of Southern Sports Tonight, LLC in the summer of 2006. Campbell met McKinney through a mutual friend.

"He's very, very personable and very convincing," Campbell says. "It took me two years to really realize that he is not the sincere good ol' boy that he appears to be."

McKinney signed on Jan. 23, 2007 an absolute sworn statement that he had no other partners except for Thomas Bender and his wife, who owned 5 percent.

But Campbell learned of other investors.

In fact, McKinney had eight other partners that owned from 49 to 51 percent of the business. Davage Runnells, III invested $50,000 in July and August 2005. C. Wayne Jones and Frank Nick, III gave McKinney $50,000 for 49 percent ownership in December 2005. George Seeling and his wife Elizabeth paid $21,000 to own 50 percent of the business. And in December 2006, Sam Cobb and George Brannon, Jr. invested $13,700 together to own 51 percent of the business.

In addition the investors later learned that WTKE owner Ron Hale claimed that his company, Yesterday Radio, LLC, also owned 50 percent of Southern Sports Tonight.

WHERE THE MONEY WENT

Prosecutor Edgar and his investigators discovered that investments were never spent on equipment, marketing or satellite time.

McKinney told Campbell that he had ordered the necessary equipment from Broadcast Worldwide Supply. He even produced receipts indicating the equipment had been purchased. However, when the company was contacted, Broadcast Worldwide Supply said that McKinney hadn't purchased any equipment since 2002.

"McKinney used the money for his personal use," Edgar says. "Hotel rooms, dining, dry cleaning, sports tickets, Ole Miss alumni dues and child support payments to his ex-wife are some of the checks we found when we examined his bank accounts."

GETTING MONEY BACK

Cobb and Brannon did get their investment back. The Seelings and Bryan Young received checks for $2,000 from McKinney. The others will have to wait on McKinney making restitution.

Campbell doesn't expect to get his money back.

"I really don't worry about that," Campbell says. "If I do, I do. If I don't, I don't. Scott has been doing this to a lot of people for a very long time, and it's not fair as a community or society to allow him to continue this."

STILL ON THE AIR

Meanwhile, Scott McKinney is still on the air at WTKE, broadcasting both in the morning and afternoon drive times. He still does promotions for advertisers. When McKinney was arrested in March 2008, Star Broadcasting President Ron Hale issued three days later a news release defending McKinney, citing McKinney's positive influence on the community.

Both McKinney and Hale declined to be interviewed for this article.

When asked how he felt about McKinney remaining on the air, Campbell says, "I don't really care. The show is so irrelevant. Nothing about it is true. It's almost like reading a fictional novel listening to that show.

"It's unfortunate people are still getting suckered and it's hard for me to believe that people still believe Scott."

McKinney's sentencing is set for Feb. 24
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 06-21-2017 at 08:54 AM. Reason: A copy and paste.... Bold for emphases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I will just leave this one here.... For your reading enjoyment....

http://www.inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=9340
    Link didn't work

vCash
    If true, I seriously doubt Scotty mac (whoever this is) would break the story. Also, if true, SA39 would be in trouble. I don't believe this at all though.

vCash
    We should lean on the sec office to get the NCAA to expedite OM's case. Use OM's constant attack on our SAs as reason

vCash
    Scott McKinney? Damn, that guy went to jail for fraud or something didn't he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Link didn't work
    Did a cut and paste job...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Did a cut and paste job...
    I'm impressed with your technical skills. *** LOL !!

vCash
    Shit.....
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-21-2017 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Isn't McKinney's daughter a softball player at Umiss and dating Brant Blaylock?

vCash
    I didn't realize people actually listened to Scotty Mc
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 06-21-2017 at 09:35 AM.

vCash
    "McKinney used the money for his personal use," Edgar says. "Hotel rooms, dining, dry cleaning, sports tickets, Ole Miss alumni dues and child support payments to his ex-wife are some of the checks we found when we examined his bank accounts."

Culture of Corruption
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Here's another article..... https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...traction-ncaa/

Interestingly, because the company filed a lawsuit against MSU’s Lewis, it could force him to testify under oath, as the store and its attorney have accused Lewis of not telling a straight story.

“I surely hope they withdraw it [allegation against Rebel Rags]. But if they don’t, then I don’t know,” Merkel said.

vCash
    So they think by filing this lawsuit against the 2 SA's, it will result in the NCAA dropping the allegations concerning the two SA's? They think they can strong arm the NCAA like that? Bunch of shitbirds!!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    So they think by filing this lawsuit against the 2 SA's, it will result in the NCAA dropping the allegations concerning the two SA's? They think they can strong arm the NCAA like that? Bunch of shitbirds!!
    I would think it not only is trying to get them to recant but also it can serve as a warning for anyone else thinking about coming forward. Basically trying to intimidate any witnesses thinking about talking to the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I would think it not only is trying to get them to recant but also it can serve as a warning for anyone else thinking about coming forward. Basically trying to intimidate any witnesses thinking about talking to the NCAA.
    Yep--definitely an intimidation tactic. This lawsuit is obviously stupid and empty. Not to mention identifying the players (by whoever leaked their identity) is almost certainly a crime.

The NCAA has to move faster on this. Ole Miss is waging war against defenseless student-athletes, which undermines the entire system that the NCAA is supposed to uphold.