Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
There is only one inaccuracy to this post...

When football was lily white, Ole Miss was a big deal.

It should read....When football was lily white, Ole Miss was a big deal because they still weren't lily white during the lily white era in college football. Talk to enough of us that were old enough to remember the Vaught days and you will hear of some of the same accusations that you read about today. It just happened to be on a smaller scale in that the majority of a teams players in that day were more localized than what you see today. You didn't have OM buying OT's from Florida or DT's from Georgia. But you did have them buying them from Aberdeen and McComb and Yazoo City. And guess who it hurt the most?

Yes, OM has been corrupt for as long as they have been in existence. The good ole boy "network" has been alive and well in this state in politics and sports for quite some time. And probation once a decade hasn't slowed it down one iota. Hopefully the NCAA has looked back at some of its past rulings and wondered why they haven't been able to slow that train down any.
My Grandfather used to complain about Ole Miss cheating all the time back then per my Mom. 2013 was really the first time that they tried to step out and recruit "nationally". I would say it has blown up in their face pretty badly.

Some of this is the NCAA's fault IMO because they've pretty much drew the line at "you can cheat with local players but just don't go out of your boundaries and do it." Someone- not surprising that it's Ole Miss- was bound to push the envelope at some point. I'm pretty confident that's why they were allowed to get away with CJ Johnson and the Army All American's recruitment among many others- and had the NCAA put their foot down at that point 2013 for Ole Miss doesn't happen. Not that I care too much because either Ole Miss is going to be hit so hard that they are going to wish they had the death penalty or they will actually get it. Either way, their program is about to be set back at least 10 years. And as I said- Dan has us in a much better spot than Jackie did in 1995.

And with USM being relegated to second tier status in C-USA and getting dominated by us twice- things are teed up for us to claim the top spot in Mississippi in football for awhile. As long as Dan doesn't screw it up. Save us DJ Looney- you're our only hope.