Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Dudy Noble Field Construction Cam

vCash
    Still can't figure out what the weird shape blocks put down are for. they deleted the old master plan video and uploaded a new one a couple days ago
    It shows a solid grey block with the two statues at the front entrance.... which I hate because it funnels you to two sides to enter.. and doesn't allow people to stand in between the statues (which people will just crawl on top of now instead). Look at 1:34 for the front entrance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Look on the ground. the white with maroon outline. You can see the Y and L sitting there.
    That's just the gray background that will hold them looks like.. I assume they are lights. At least I hope so.
    Oh ok, that makes sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Check the construction cam to watch the erection.
    Hehe...you said erection...uh huhuhuh

vCash

vCash
    Still can't figure out what the weird shape blocks put down are for. they deleted the old master plan video and uploaded a new one a couple days ago
    It shows a solid grey block with the two statues at the front entrance.... which I hate because it funnels you to two sides to enter.. and doesn't allow people to stand in between the statues (which people will just crawl on top of now instead). Look at 1:34 for the front entrance.

I think those look like flower beds for some landscaping. Guessing the sculptures will be facing each other and towards the parking lot. People will want to take pictures from the front of them and they won't be taken from the backside so they are landscaping around the back so that it will look more interesting as you leave the stadium. Will also keep people from climbing on the backside.

vCash
    When are the Statues of Cohen and LT going up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    When are the Statues of Cohen and LT going up?
    As soon as Ron Polk writes a check***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    As soon as Ron Polk writes a check***
    Is there room to squeeze in Kermit Davis' likeness somewhere?**

vCash
    I wonder if any home run balls will make it to the loft. I think they should give free hot dogs to all the fans every time a State Player does it. Two if they break a window.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder if any home run balls will make it to the loft. I think they should give free hot dogs to all the fans every time a State Player does it. Two if they break a window.
    It looks like a ball might have to go 450+ feet to reach it. Maybe 475. That would be an epic shot.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    I think those look like flower beds for some landscaping. Guessing the sculptures will be facing each other and towards the parking lot. People will want to take pictures from the front of them and they won't be taken from the backside so they are landscaping around the back so that it will look more interesting as you leave the stadium. Will also keep people from climbing on the backside.
    I really hope they wouldn't put down concrete... then bricks... only to pour dirt over it... That would be stupid.

vCash
    I really hope they wouldn't put down concrete... then bricks... only to pour dirt over it... That would be stupid.
    To me that looks like ground/dirt inside the confines of the "bed" not brick. I didn't really look at any images before they built the bases so have nothing to compare it too but might it be possible that there was no concrete poured there originally because they planned some landscaping in that spot? If you look at the depth inside and outside the "bed" it appears that there is a difference and the depth inside is deeper than the bricked area.
    Last edited by MaroonBelle; 01-17-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It looks like a ball might have to go 450+ feet to reach it. Maybe 475. That would be an epic shot.
    I saw Bruce Castoria hit one over the old bathrooms and cedar trees in left field.....ball ended up down at the track surface. And saw Will Clark put one over the old road outside the stadium fence in RF and into the RV parking lot area.....ball rolled all the way to Chadwick Lake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    I saw Bruce Castoria hit one over the old bathrooms and cedar trees in left field.....ball ended up down at the track surface. And saw Will Clark put one over the old road outside the stadium fence in RF and into the RV parking lot area.....ball rolled all the way to Chadwick Lake.
    I saw Raffy put one on the road out there. Bet it didn't get 30ft. off of the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I saw Raffy put one on the road out there. Bet it didn't get 30ft. off of the ground.
    Like I said - epic shot.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The blank white wall by the bullpen has either had a maroon wrap put on it or has been painted maroon.
    Last edited by jacksondawg; 01-23-2019 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Cameras have been taken down so pics on front page are not current.

MS State Baseball Fan has posted a bunch of pics on his page
    https://www.facebook.com/MSStateBaseballFan/

vCash
    Anyone know why the Omaha club level chair backs are black or grey? It would look so much better if they matched the rest of the grandstand

vCash
    Players lounge

vCash
    The club right next to the radio booth