Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dudy Noble Field Construction Cam

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If I were to venture a guess - it is a support pole for safety netting that will cover the seating area. That is something that is going to become a requirement in the near future and we are thinking one step ahead of the lawsuit posse (just like with the LFL).
    That would be absolutely horrible. And there is no way that is going to be a requirement in the near future either. There are dozens of stadiums across the country with berm seating down the foul lines and none of them have that. Nor do any stadiums that have actual seating in those areas.

My guess is that it is a temporary utility pole for evening work in that area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    That would be absolutely horrible. And there is no way that is going to be a requirement in the near future either. There are dozens of stadiums across the country with berm seating down the foul lines and none of them have that. Nor do any stadiums that have actual seating in those areas.

My guess is that it is a temporary utility pole for evening work in that area.
    https://twitter.com/wbaarchitecture/...30314259218434

vCash
    Like I said, one step ahead of the lawsuit posse.

vCash
    Because of the way the seating juts out from behind the dugouts, I expected the protection from netting for those folks.

I didn't think it would extend into the berms. Surely it doesn't...just an anchor point?

vCash
    BAHAHAAH WHO CUT DOWN THE TREEE?????? The tree is down that was blocking the camera...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    BAHAHAAH WHO CUT DOWN THE TREEE?????? The tree is down that was blocking the camera...
    HAHAHAHA!!! BOUT DAMN TIME!!

Looks like an excavator got it...
    Last edited by Dawgpile; 09-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    Because of the way the seating juts out from behind the dugouts, I expected the protection from netting for those folks.

I didn't think it would extend into the berms. Surely it doesn't...just an anchor point?
    I'm betting (hoping) that you're right.

vCash
    First light post went up a couple days ago....Today they are doing a lot of work in the right field lounge.

loganlowery and 2 others Retweeted

Everett Kennard‏ @Dogbusdriver Sep 13More

Light towers going up on grandstand at Dudy Noble. 110 feet high. Am told outfield poles will be 120-130 feet high.

vCash
    Pics from MSUBaseball yesterday
    #NewDude, same Carnegie Hall of College Baseball #HailState

vCash
    Looks kind of small tbh. Will have to see when the seats actually get added..
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Looks kind of small tbh. Will have to see when the seats actually get added..
    those pics don't do it justice. It's going be AWESOME when it's done. Just look at the one side on the cam and how high it is compared to Hump with what we had before. The fact its going to be uniform all the way around the backstop is going to look awesome.

vCash
    Looks like they are testing out the sprinkler system this morning. Sod on the way soon maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Looks like they are testing out the sprinkler system this morning. Sod on the way soon maybe?
    I think sod is going in this week. They are also building the first of the new "rigs" in right field. Should be interesting to see those evolve.

vCash
    Slight Hijack, sod is going in on the infield!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    Slight Hijack, sod is going in on the infield!
    And Cam#2 is being attacked by mutant insects!

vCash
    Sod in infield done... starting on outfield now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    And Cam#2 is being attacked by mutant insects!
    Yep there are two now... haha. those things have been on there for over 4 hours

vCash

Today's Dudy Noble construction observation.

Remember that drawing of the stadium that was put out for companies for bidding purposes? Everyone was pretty upset b/c it was significantly smaller than the original?

Today it looks like they have come closer to the "Death Star" with the stadium scaffolding than that "smaller" drawing depicted. Looks closer to the original in proportion, I think.

vCash
    Some interesting notes from that article...

"After the full project is finished in 2019, there will be 13,000 seats but total capacity will surpass the capacity before the renovations."

First time I have seen a number of completed seats I believe.

For the 2018 season, the area from foul pole to foul pole with the Left Field Lounge will be completed, and in 2019 there will be premium suites overlooking the field called the Left Field Lofts.
    Fedric said the athletics department is deciding how they are going to lease the lofts, but they are overnight suites that can be rented out.
    "It's going to be a very unique characteristic of the ball park," Fedric said. "The first phase will feature 12 units, and then there's a planned second phase toward the left field foul goal that can have either 12 or 16 depending on demand."
    I didn't realize the lofts were going to happen so soon. Awesome.

As for the Left Field Lounge, there will be individually-framed composite decks with power, storage and better views. Grilling will still be allowed in the Left Field Lounge.
    Storage? Last I knew the fire department said their could be no storage unless the university installed sprinklers in the storage...Interesting if true.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-25-2017 at 11:51 AM.