Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Weekend at Dudy-Noble Field is going to be EPIC!

vCash

Opening Weekend at Dudy-Noble Field is going to be EPIC!

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/2/9/...ble-field.aspx

CLARK! PALMEIRO! BRANTLEY! POLK! KIDS RUN THE BASES!

vCash
    Here’s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Settle down Todd. You don't get to run the bases. It's just for the younger kids. Not the kids our age.

vCash
    You are right Todd, the line up and festivities are classic! So glad we will be taking part in most of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Here?s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?
    Probably in the same time frame that Raffy got his. This place will be a dump by then.

vCash
    Queston; where is the Polk ring of honor plaque going to be?

vCash
    Here’s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?
    If he puts up HOF numbers, I'm sure they'll consider
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Let's all be very Proud that our Alma Mater has the best in the college baseball nation, Hail State!

vCash
    My guess is there will be plenty of bitching about it here. It's not much of a guess actually, given this thread so far.

vCash
    Side question. Saw reports that’s Eric Cerantola was in the mid to high 90s today. Is that true?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Side question. Saw reports that’s Eric Cerantola was in the mid to high 90s today. Is that true?
    Yes. Looked really sharp and was mid to upper 90’s. I will say our gun was juiced last year. I was told it would be dialed in and accurate when the season started so don’t know if the adjustment has been made yet or not. Bottom line, the kid looked really good.

vCash
    Glad Polk is included. Maybe he has mellowed out and things will go well with him.

vCash
    What rooker did was amazing, truly. But he didn't have the career Ralph did. Not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Glad Polk is included. Maybe he has mellowed out and things will go well with him.

He's fine now. Trust me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weblow View Post
    Yes. Looked really sharp and was mid to upper 90’s. I will say our gun was juiced last year. I was told it would be dialed in and accurate when the season started so don’t know if the adjustment has been made yet or not. Bottom line, the kid looked really good.
    I was reading that he had a little trouble throwing strikes. Only gave up one walk though and no hits with 2 K’s. They have supposedly been bringing him along slowly, trying to get his body adjusted to beginning earlier in the year than he is used to. That is new to me but whatever. It is sounding like he is not too far away from being ready to contribute. Could be the kind of pitcher that is rolling 2/3 of the way through the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Settle down Todd. You don't get to run the bases. It's just for the younger kids. Not the kids our age.
    If you hear about a guy getting tased after the game...**

I'm assuming- and I may be wrong- that the Ring of Honor is going to be the entrance where the Thunder and Lightning Statues will be. Could be inside the stadium as well.

I don't know about a statue. Definitely will be in the Ring of Honor one day. To be honest- Polk should get a statue somewhere.

vCash
    I attended the dugout club dinner after fan day today. After our meal we were split into four groups. Jake Gautreau was our guide thru the stadium. He said the ring of honor would be at the right field entrance in the circle where Coach Lemonis introductory press conference was.

Banned
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Todd4State;1069934]https://hailstate.com/news/2019/2/9/...ble-field.aspx

CLARK! PALMEIRO! BRANTLEY! POLK! KIDS RUN THE BASES![/QUOT

Did Polk say he'd never come back until Greg Byrne wasn't AD any more or was it as long as Cohen was HC. I can't quite remember, but either way, both are true now and I'm glad he's gonna toss out the first pitch. Will be great to see #1.

Banned
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Todd4State;1069979]If you hear about a guy getting tased after the game...**

If you got tased, then you must have been arguing calls with a ref in Hattiesburg...of course, you would be threatened to be handcuffed and arrested too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sethjoh View Post
    I attended the dugout club dinner after fan day today. After our meal we were split into four groups. Jake Gautreau was our guide thru the stadium. He said the ring of honor would be at the right field entrance in the circle where Coach Lemonis introductory press conference was.
    Thanks. That’s a great spot for it. I can’t wait to get there Friday.