Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dudy Noble Field Construction Cam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Storage? Last I knew the fire department said their could be no storage unless the university installed sprinklers in the storage...Interesting if true.
    Maybe they will allow grills to stay on site but not have to be put in storage at the end of the game? That would alleviate the need for the sprinklers.

vCash
    So, do we know the date of the first home game to be played in new Dude next year, yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    So, do we know the date of the first home game to be played in new Dude next year, yet?
    I am addicted to these cameras now! I can't wait to see to see third base side start taking shape! Looks like that may be a while though.

vCash

I think we can relax now about the size of the new Dude

I went to Swan lake to look at Gene's October 1st video. on the right field entrance "death star" the number of columns seems like the original plans that were released in color which showed 7 brick divisions in the circle of concrete entrance. The black and white plans that were shown as the bid plans, only had 4 brick divisions. What do y'all think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I went to Swan lake to look at Gene's October 1st video. on the right field entrance "death star" the number of columns seems like the original plans that were released in color which showed 7 brick divisions in the circle of concrete entrance. The black and white plans that were shown as the bid plans, only had 4 brick divisions. What do y'all think.
    No.... just no...What are you talking about... ?
    It lines up exactly as the bid picture....

The area you are talking about in right folder. you can clearly tell the difference for several reasons.
    1) The SIZE of the RF circle entrance is SMALLER.
    2) You now have a lot smaller pathway entering the grandstand

And further.. I'm lost at what you are seeing at saying 4 columns or 7 columns in the ring. (we REALLLLY should use this as a ring of honor with something out there... come on.. COMMON SENSE which is one of the rasons i hated the smaller version)

Furthermore. the grandstand is what it is, it will be bigger and have more seating obviously and allow more standing room. I saw somewhere a number of 15k VIEWABLE seats the other day and that was exciting news.
    The biggest difference in version is viewing angles since we didn't keep the more aggressive lines down the lines. And we lost a section or two that would have been built on each end. so its shorter.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 10-03-2017 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    No.... just no...What are you talking about... ?
    It lines up exactly as the bid picture....

The area you are talking about in right folder. you can clearly tell the difference for several reasons.
    1) The SIZE of the RF circle entrance is SMALLER.
    2) You now have a lot smaller pathway entering the grandstand

And further.. I'm lost at what you are seeing at saying 4 columns or 7 columns in the ring. (we REALLLLY should use this as a ring of honor with something out there... come on.. COMMON SENSE which is one of the rasons i hated the smaller version)

Furthermore. the grandstand is what it is, it will be bigger and have more seating obviously and allow more standing room. I saw somewhere a number of 15k VIEWABLE seats the other day and that was exciting news.
    The biggest difference in version is viewing angles since we didn't keep the more aggressive lines down the lines. And we lost a section or two that would have been built on each end. so its shorter.
    Chill dude, I just said it looks like the original, not that it was the first plan. I have read your post for a long time on this and I know you are pissed about a lot of things that are not being done. Also it looks like foundation work is being done on the Lofts. Feel free to correct me on that observation also. He He !!

vCash
    Scooba, what I was mentioning is the brick pavers used at the entrance in that right field circle separating the concrete that you WALK on. The original plan had 7 lines of brick pavers that matched up to the columns. What we understood as the bid plans showed 4 lines of brick pavers. My <17>ing observation was it look like there were more than 4 columns meaning it may be closer to the original design which is what I hope they did.

vCash
    Scooba, what I was mentioning is the brick pavers used at the entrance in that right field circle separating the concrete that you WALK on. The original plan had 7 lines of brick pavers that matched up to the columns. What we understood as the bid plans showed 4 lines of brick pavers. My <17>ing observation was it look like there were more than 4 columns meaning it may be closer to the original design which is what I hope they did.
    Geez. Calm down. Ok I see on the plans what you are talking about but they haven't started construction of the walkways that I can see. Have watched Genes video several times and see no signs of the brick pavers at the entrance you are talking about. So I'm interested in what you are seeing at what second mark?

Same with foundation for the lefts? Gene is filming from behind the 1st base grandstand construction you can't see behind the Left field lounge (which they haven't started the wood structure part like in RF yet) The wood you see behind the concrete in LF at 1:07 is the 2nd level of the lofts with the wood bracing for the concrete being poured. You can see on the live cam shot today that's been removed.

vCash
    What ticks me off the most about the scaled down (bid) design is that you're going to have an extremely small walkway between the "circular entryway" and the grandstand. That's going to create one heck of a bottleneck trying to move that many people through what appears to be a 20-foot wide opening to the grandstands.

That, plus, the smaller circle entryway looks like crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    What ticks me off the most about the scaled down (bid) design is that you're going to have an extremely small walkway between the "circular entryway" and the grandstand. That's going to create one heck of a bottleneck trying to move that many people through what appears to be a 20-foot wide opening to the grandstands.

That, plus, the smaller circle entryway looks like crap.

Some of that space in the original was non-view-able space. So I understand shrinking it. But not that small as you point out. If they had doubled the walkway over to the end (width) of the grandstand instead of midway, the walkway would be twice as depth and still have view-able angles. The land is shown as green space so it's not being used and it couldn't have been that more expensive. Oh well.

vCash
    Scooba, the number of brick pavers is equal to the number of columns on the entrance side as they radiate out from each one. I was not able to count the number of columns on the entrance side, so I don't know the numbers of pavers, to see if it equals those in the original drawing

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Wow!! We are building the greatest stadium in college baseball and ppl are complaining. Unbelievable
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Wow!! We are building the greatest stadium in college baseball and ppl are complaining. Unbelievable
    Not complaining just impatient to know as to how close we are to the original plans the new Dude will be. I thought I could figure it out by the right field entrance.

vCash
    Scooba, the number of brick pavers is equal to the number of columns on the entrance side as they radiate out from each one. I was not able to count the number of columns on the entrance side, so I don't know the numbers of pavers, to see if it equals those in the original drawing
    Thanks I see what you are talking about... and it's exactly per the bid pic. there are a total of 10 columns. in the original design there were 13.

vCash
    That's it Scooba, I couldn't get a good count of the columns on the video. I was hoping it was still as in the original drawings. Looks like we are getting screwed compared to the first drawings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    No worries.. I'll admit I've spent A LARGE amount of time watching this project and dreaming about details over the past 10 years of what we could have. the original blew me away for so many reasons.. especially wanting to remove the whole stadium and fix the sight line and angle issue.

And I'll admit. It's still going to be an amazing stadium (reserving best in country till I see what they do with the outside design.. aesthetics do count) but I do still have my issues with it compared to the original design.

I'm interested to see something else.. concerning the pathway from RF to the grandstand now that i noticed it. will that pathway be built on top of fill dirt or be structurally raised to the level above the berms and lower level seating.
    If it's backfill that's more space we could have used for something else especially if that pathway was twice as wide. Oh well.

Well the major parts are up for the first half..and the field is down.. so the cam feed is kinda boring now haha

vCash
    That's it Scooba, I couldn't get a good count of the columns on the video. I was hoping it was still as in the original drawings. Looks like we are getting screwed compared to the first drawings.
    We definitely are
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Say what you want. Is what is being built the same as the first plans unveiled? No. Neither was Davis Wade reno (most reno's aren't whether commercial or residential). But its close. AND.. What IS being built is going to be 1. A dramatic upgrade 2. GOING TO BE AWESOME. #1 in the country will be in the eye of the beholder but this will put us in the conversation. I believe our fans will take it over the top. When packed, the fans are going to feel right on TOP of the visiting team. With cowbells in hand, its going to be super intimidating place to play baseball! I, for one, LOVE what I am seeing coming together! Especially the continuous concourse around outfield. It's always "technically" been there, but I think it being visible now, will add just another dimension to our atmosphere. I am also interested to see what upgrades we make to the locker room/player amenities as obviously, this will have a bigger impact than anything on what we put on the field! Just my .02.

vCash
    A lot of action behind home plate grandstand today! Can any of you turf guys explain what they are doing to the outfield today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    A lot of action behind home plate grandstand today! Can any of you turf guys explain what they are doing to the outfield today?
    Not a turf guy - but it looks like the top dressed the field with sand. It helps spur growth.