Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU non-sports: WOW!!!!

vCash

MSU non-sports: WOW!!!!

vCash
    It is amazing. It is very cool that our university would be given the honor of maintaining the history and legacy of President Lincoln and President Grant. It is humorous that our university is trusted with this while the other university is where "Old Times aren't forgotten".

There aren't many presidential libraries on university campuses, I wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.

vCash
    MSU is Mississippi’s leading university, available online at www.msstate.edu.

I like the last line in that story too!

vCash
    As a history major - this is the type gift that can really have huge impacts on a program. We are really building in a lot of academic areas that we used to almost ignore.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Wonder when the Nathan Bedford Forrest exhibit opens in the grove?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As a history major - this is the type gift that can really have huge impacts on a program. We are really building in a lot of academic areas that we used to almost ignore.
    Getting the Grant Presidential Library was a huge coup for MSU. It has had and will continue to have a major impact on the whole university, not just the library and history department. This really adds to that impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Wonder when the Nathan Bedford Forrest exhibit opens in the grove?
    As soon as they finish the Jefferson Davis one.

vCash
    Thank Heavens we have progressive leadership at OUR University and aren't stuck in the 1800's like the idiots up north.

Banned
    vCash
    this is big folks, real big. did I miss anything in the write up defining how the hell we pulled this off? this is extraordinary.

I don't think we have to guess as to why Mr. Williams didn't pick TSUN. LMAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    this is big folks, real big. did I miss anything in the write up defining how the hell we pulled this off? this is extraordinary.

Mr. Williams was big in the Grant Society. That's how he came in contact with MSU.

vCash
    This gift from the Williams' is a huge gift for the History Teachers in the area. NOW, if the Teachers will use the gift to benefits our children. The 11th graders are required to pass a US History Test.... The gift given would help these children to see what they are being taught....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Mr. Williams was big in the Grant Society. That's how he came in contact with MSU.
    sounds like a great man. the kinda guy you would like to sit down and have a chat with over a cold one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

2006 Pre-law society or club making him Jurist of the year, couple of years later invited him to give the commencement speech. BOOM! We have some people at MSU with long term thinking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    This gift from the Williams' is a huge gift for the History Teachers in the area. NOW, if the Teachers will use the gift to benefits our children. The 11th graders are required to pass a US History Test.... The gift given would help these children to see what they are being taught....
    You're so right Mimi, math and science are indispensable. History is so important, for us to learn from our mistakes and not make them again.

vCash
    Now THIS, "Is a Good Thing."

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    2006 Pre-law society or club making him Jurist of the year, couple of years later invited him to give the commencement speech. BOOM! We have some people at MSU with long term thinking!
    that. kicks. total .... ASS.....

vCash
    wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.[/QUOTE]

That library is already in Biloxi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.
    That library is already in Biloxi.[/QUOTE]

I think if smart thinking is in place, we would pursue the Jefferson Davis archives for our Library. This would make MSU's library the preeminent source for Civil War history!

vCash

taken from a sports chat site i frequent

"It's a sophisticated ploy by a Yankee bastard. Make those fools at Miss St taunt them Rebs with their Grant and Lincoln colections.. Motivating the Rebs to gather John Brown, Fredrick Douglas, W T Sherman, Josh Chamberlain artifacts and turn Mississippi into a Yankee strong hold.. They'll be selling Bumper Stickers before long"

this made me laugh

Banned
    vCash
    Winning for us and sux for fredo.