Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to replace Ole Miss in the SEC poll?

Banned
    vCash

Who do you want to replace Ole Miss in the SEC poll?

self explanatory, just vote for the school you want most. Has nothing to do with if it's possible just curious who everyone wants in the SEC if they could choose one school to replace Ole Miss.

delete this sorry, the poll expired before I got finished with it apparently, here's the options if a mod can fix please thanks

1. Virginia Tech
    2. NCSU
    3. North Carolina
    4. West Virginia
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Oklahoma State
    7. Kansas State
    8. Virginia
    9. Clemson
    10. Nobody and drop Missouri leaving it at 12
    Last edited by Dawg61; 06-20-2017 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    NC State. UNC and Duke will never part for basketball reasons but I think NC State would love to get away from UNC similar to A&M and Texas. Could be added to the East and then move Mizzou to the West where they should be.

They are pretty good in baseball, football, and basketball so athletically they fit better than Mizzou. Also increases the SEC footprint.

vCash
    Tulane

vCash
    Put Mizzou in the West to replace OM and then add NC State to the East.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Oklahoma, dad got his masters from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    self explanatory, just vote for the school you want most. Has nothing to do with if it's possible just curious who everyone wants in the SEC if they could choose one school to replace Ole Miss.

delete this sorry, the poll expired before I got finished with it apparently, here's the options if a mod can fix please thanks

1. Virginia Tech
    2. NCSU
    3. North Carolina
    4. West Virginia
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Oklahoma State
    7. Kansas State
    8. Virginia
    9. Clemson
    10. Nobody and drop Missouri leaving it at 12
    My first choice being NC State but my 2nd would be either Virginia Tech or one of the teams from Oklahoma.

vCash
    Briarcrest***

vCash
    These are stupid threads. Most of y'all want a cupcake OOC schedule so we can get to 8 wins, yet you want to replace OM with tougher SEC opponents SMH. I'm by no stretch of the imagination an OM fan, but these threads to kick teams out of the conference (OM, Missouri, Vandy, etc.) are just stupid.

vCash
    UCF. Make that writer in Orlando happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    These are stupid threads. Most of y'all want a cupcake OOC schedule so we can get to 8 wins, yet you want to replace OM with tougher SEC opponents SMH. I'm by no stretch of the imagination an OM fan, but these threads to kick teams out of the conference (OM, Missouri, Vandy, etc.) are just stupid.
    I think NC State would be a good swap strength wise and add to the SEC footprint. I wouldn't be too pumped if we added Oklahoma since it would be like adding another Auburn or LSU to the conference. I would prefer Ok St over Oklahoma or Virginia Tech which both would probably make it tougher in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Oklahoma, dad got his masters from there.
    I have heard a sitting SEC athletic director say that the SEC will most likely never take either of the OK teams, seperatly or together. They would not bring in enough new revenue to offset the adding of one or two more splits. The current schools would see a drop in their share. Now obviously that wouldn't apply if we kicked UM out and replaced them with one of them. It's nice to think about, but the SEC ain't kicking the Confederates out.

vCash
    Virginia. Academics would skyrocket if OM was dropped and UVa added, plus major sports are mediocre at best. Might say UNC, but given the tricks they pulled for the past many years and are about to be hammered for, I don't think so. They're about as likely to be kicked out of the ACC as OM is to be kicked out of the SEC though.

vCash
    North Carolina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    NC State. UNC and Duke will never part for basketball reasons but I think NC State would love to get away from UNC similar to A&M and Texas. Could be added to the East and then move Mizzou to the West where they should be.

They are pretty good in baseball, football, and basketball so athletically they fit better than Mizzou. Also increases the SEC footprint.
    I guess you missed "Has nothing to do with if it's possible".

vCash
    #1 or #10, but ruelly don't give a #17. Anybody but #39'n Lyinshits and I'm gruet!!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

Banned
    vCash
    I expect a thread like this to chap the ass of an Old Misses fan but I did not expect it to chap the ass of an MSU fan. Drink a coffee and eat a grilled cheese sandwich bud it'll be ok.

vCash
    I think NC State would be the best option, but I rather see Tulane or another LA team

vCash
    drop Mizzu no one gives a shit about the SEC in that state. Pick up Ga Tech have them in the east and , replace Umiss with TCU . Draw that Dallas / forth worth media area esp now with Dak blowing up ...

vCash
    Actually, this whole website is stupid!!! A bunch of grown men and a few women pontificating on sports at a college.***

Dude, lighten up and read the original post. If you do want to play THEN DON'T PLAY but it's like you walking into a
    Pool hall and saying "playing billiards is stupid" or
    golf course and saying "hitting a white ball long distances into a little hole is stupid"
    Hunting grounds and saying "shooting defenseless animal is stupid".

No, it just makes you look "stupid".

Having gotten that off my chest my addition would be Notre Dame. (I know their not on the list but getting a chance to kick their arse every year would excite me.) On the list I would choose Clemson.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Put Mizzou in the West to replace OM and then add NC State to the East.
    I was gonna type this exact thing. I don't want Oklahoma... the West is brutal enough!
    MSU = Check Collectors