Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you want to replace Ole Miss in the SEC poll?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Actually, this whole website is stupid!!! A bunch of grown men and a few women pontificating on sports at a college.***

Dude, lighten up and read the original post. If you do want to play THEN DON'T PLAY but it's like you walking into a
    Pool hall and saying "playing billiards is stupid" or
    golf course and saying "hitting a white ball long distances into a little hole is stupid"
    Hunting grounds and saying "shooting defenseless animal is stupid".

No, it just makes you look "stupid".

Having gotten that off my chest my addition would be Notre Dame. (I know their not on the list but getting a chance to kick their arse every year would excite me.) On the list I would choose Clemson.
    Could Notre Dame be in two conferences ... SEC for football and ACC for basketball? That would be unprecedented I would think, but I suppose if any school could get away with it it would be them. I wouldn't mind having them but all the way or nothing.

vCash
    FIU. So w can get a recruiting presence in Miami. Hey would you rather go to Miami or Raleigh every other year?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Could Notre Dame be in two conferences ... SEC for football and ACC for basketball? That would be unprecedented I would think, but I suppose if any school could get away with it it would be them. I wouldn't mind having them but all the way or nothing.
    They are still independent in football just have to play 5 ACC teams a year I think.

Banned
    vCash
    SMU. Rich kids, but with real money. Easy win. Gives the SEC a presence in North Texas.

vCash
    Texas - National footprint, but no way they come
    NC State - Biggest major in NC with the biggest in state fan base.
    Oklahoma - Not happy about adding this much strength, but they are a legit choice
    Not UNC - Can't get rid of UNM for misbehaving and then take them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    self explanatory, just vote for the school you want most. Has nothing to do with if it's possible just curious who everyone wants in the SEC if they could choose one school to replace Ole Miss.

delete this sorry, the poll expired before I got finished with it apparently, here's the options if a mod can fix please thanks

1. Virginia Tech
    2. NCSU
    3. North Carolina
    4. West Virginia
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Oklahoma State
    7. Kansas State
    8. Virginia
    9. Clemson
    10. Nobody and drop Missouri leaving it at 12
    Dump Missouri and pick up ncstate and va tech

vCash
    Sewanee..... The Original University of the South.

vCash
    I believe it's going to be Oklahoma. They're primed and ready to go. The SEC is going to withhold UMiss' conference payouts to cover the GOR issues.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    I believe it's going to be Oklahoma. They're primed and ready to go. The SEC is going to withhold UMiss' conference payouts to cover the GOR issues.
    I can see this happening.

West
    MSU
    LSU
    Bama
    Arkansas
    aTm
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    East
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Vandy
    South Carolina
    Auburn
    Last edited by Dawg61; 06-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    EMCC-Scooba.

vCash
    Clemson is the most SEC school in the country that's not in the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    SMU. Rich kids, but with real money. Easy win. Gives the SEC a presence in North Texas.
    Uh, haven't we already seen what happens when that "real money" is in a "real conference"?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Interesting idea. Notre Dame would never go for it. At least not until they lose their TV deal.

vCash
    I would go ahead and expand to 16 teams. I personally wouldn't drop Ole Miss, but if I did I would add Tulane because of their academic status. Here's what I would do:

Bear Bryant Division (Old SEC West)

SEC South
    1. MSU
    2. Ole Miss
    3. Alabama
    4. Auburn

SEC West

1. LSU
    2. Arkansas
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Mizzou

Bob Neyland Division (Old SEC East)

SEC North

1. Tennessee
    2. Vanderbilt
    3. Kentucky
    4. Virginia Tech

SEC East

1. Florida
    2. Georgia
    3. South Carolina
    4. NC State

So, in football you play each team in your division, two teams in the opposite division- (SEC W/SEC N) and then (SEC E/SEC S), and then one team in each of the other divisions every year. The eighth game is a random game with the exception for tradition- Bama/UT and Auburn/Georgia play each other every season and those four teams do not get to play a random team.

The teams with the best records in the Bryant and Neyland divisions go to the championship game. Tie breakers based on head to head first, district record (SEC S/SEC W/SEC E/SEC N) second, division record third, overall record next, and finally BCS ranking.

vCash
    Why not by school:

(1) Oklahoma - they are too far away, shitty for travel, and get you a poor state with a population about the size of Mississippi
    (2) NC State - they are not excellent in any sport, not horrible but not excellent...and, they have ZERO fans...have you met a NCSU fan?
    (3) SMU - no fans and they can't recruit in texas for themselves, plus not good in any sport and don't play baseball...this is the Boss' school in Texas, not the People's school
    (4) Oklahoma State - Stillwater sucks to drive to...when you live in Oklahoma and there is no nearby airport. Plus, MAJOR recruiting cheaters
    (5) Clemson - they won the Football NC in the ACC, they are not going to rock the boat when they are in Nirvana as-is
    (6) Duke - their fans think we are dirty, dangerous, uneducated, non-international travelling....basically Hillary's "Deplorables"
    (7) North Carolina - Wont leave Duke and can't play football anyway
    (8) Baylor - Rape
    (9) Virginia Tech - Costy travel for non-revenue sports and no-traditional match-ups with SEC, like Mizzou 2.0
    (10) Texas - They love lording over the Big 12 and a Veto for Texas A&M
    (11) Tulane - No fanbase, no infastructure, and a horrible city location...probably an LSU veto
    (12) Florida State - Great, who wants FSU in their division every year? And why would they move when they can make money and win Championships from ACC?

Now TCU, can't think of a "why not"...but, let's toss OM and just just stay at 13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Why not by school:

(1) Oklahoma - they are too far away, shitty for travel, and get you a poor state with a population about the size of Mississippi
    (2) NC State - they are not excellent in any sport, not horrible but not excellent...and, they have ZERO fans...have you met a NCSU fan?
    (3) SMU - no fans and they can't recruit in texas for themselves, plus not good in any sport and don't play baseball...this is the Boss' school in Texas, not the People's school
    (4) Oklahoma State - Stillwater sucks to drive to...when you live in Oklahoma and there is no nearby airport. Plus, MAJOR recruiting cheaters
    (5) Clemson - they won the Football NC in the ACC, they are not going to rock the boat when they are in Nirvana as-is
    (6) Duke - their fans think we are dirty, dangerous, uneducated, non-international travelling....basically Hillary's "Deplorables"
    (7) North Carolina - Wont leave Duke and can't play football anyway
    (8) Baylor - Rape
    (9) Virginia Tech - Costy travel for non-revenue sports and no-traditional match-ups with SEC, like Mizzou 2.0
    (10) Texas - They love lording over the Big 12 and a Veto for Texas A&M
    (11) Tulane - No fanbase, no infastructure, and a horrible city location...probably an LSU veto
    (12) Florida State - Great, who wants FSU in their division every year? And why would they move when they can make money and win Championships from ACC?

Now TCU, can't think of a "why not"...but, let's toss OM and just just stay at 13
    I run across a lot of die hard NC State fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I run across a lot of die hard NC State fans.
    NCSU is basically the Southern Miss of North Carolina...rich kids go to Davidson, really smart kids go to Wake Forest, smart kids go to Duke, and party kids go to UNC.

NCSU is like USM in Mississippi, Memphis State in Tennessee, Louisiana Tech in Louisiana, Texas Tech in Texas, UCF in Florida, UAB in Alabama
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-21-2017 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    NCSU Wolfpack
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    NCSU is basically the Southern Miss of North Carolina...rich kids go to Davidson, really smart kids go to Wake Forest, smart kids go to Duke, and party kids go to UNC.

NCSU is like USM in Mississippi, Memphis State in Tennessee, Louisiana Tech in Louisiana, Texas Tech in Texas, UCF in Florida, UAB in Alabama
    They're both really good schools, but I think I might reverse your order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I can see this happening.

West
    MSU
    LSU
    Bama
    Arkansas
    aTm
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    East
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Vandy
    South Carolina
    Auburn
    Bama goes East. An acceptable balance swap, and Bama moves in with Tenn. Auburn becomes their crossover. Solves a major scheduling issue.