Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grad Transfer Alert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    "My relationship with Coach Looney has always been good," said Hodges. "He's a guy that has always looked out for me and had my best interests in mind. I've known Coach Hevesy for awhile, too, and we've got a good relationship, too. He talked to me when I was in high school but I was too small at that point to play at that level. But then he offered me when I was in junior college. Of course, Mississippi State is definitely an option because it's my home state," said Hodges. "I've looked at their depth chart and they have a freshman starting at right tackle. So it's a program that I feel I can be an impact player."
    That quote sounds familiar to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    That quote sounds familiar to me
    Sorry - made an edit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    yep. IFYOK, please elaborate. our grad school requirements are more difficult than others?
    Don't know if their tougher than others, but our grad schools require a 2.75 overall GPA. I understand this has been an issue with some transfers.

vCash
    Dad wants him close to home.. I like our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Dad wants him close to home.. I like our chances.
    Sweet. If we pull this off, how big of an impact would this be for our o-line? I know it'd be significant, but just how much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Don't know if their tougher than others, but our grad schools require a 2.75 overall GPA. I understand this has been an issue with some transfers.
    I suspect Texas is at least that tough. It's very hard to get into, undergrad or grad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Sweet. If we pull this off, how big of an impact would this be for our o-line? I know it'd be significant, but just how much?
    Fitz wins Heisman.
    We win natty.
    Mullen gets an NFL job.
    Hev is new miss state HC.
    Gonzalez new OC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fitz wins Heisman.
    We win natty.
    Mullen gets an NFL job.
    Gonzalez new OC
    I would take that shit for a National Title and Heisman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fitz wins Heisman.
    We win natty.
    Mullen gets an NFL job.
    Gonzalez new OC
    And I'll be a negative-Nancy through it all
    FIFY**

vCash
    FIFY**
    Championship game was way too close

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I would take that shit for a National Title and Heisman.
    I'd hand sew Hevesy a Borat swimsuit with Adidas logo to wear for every game he is coaching if it meant we get a Natty finally.

vCash
    Well, he would be our starter at RT so that's pretty big. He would also allow Reese to possibly slide down and start at RG. So it could make us better at 2 positions.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I suspect Texas is at least that tough. It's very hard to get into, undergrad or grad.
    Well that could be the whole reason he is transferring to begin with. It was mentioned to be possibly related to academics even though he graduated. If he couldn't get into their grad program, he would be ineligible to play there as a 5th year senior since he is already done with undergrad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well that could be the whole reason he is transferring to begin with. It was mentioned to be possibly related to academics even though he graduated. If he couldn't get into their grad program, he would be ineligible to play there as a 5th year senior since he is already done with undergrad.
    Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too.

Gotta ask ... why is everybody so excited about getting him? Texas hasn't done all that well in recent years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Sorry - made an edit
    Appreciate it

Banned
    vCash

Gotta ask ... why is everybody so excited about getting him? Texas hasn't done all that well in recent years.
    He's a Power 5 starter at probably our biggest position need. He may not be elite but he gives us a lot less uncertainty up front for the upcoming season. The worst that could happen is he ends up being added depth even if he doesn't win the starting job. Besides from all that, I don't know that UT's struggles have really been OL related. They have mostly been due to terrible defense.

vCash
    Why do we keep taking all of these high caliber offensive linemen? We are stockpiling them like cord wood. Too much depth means someone will transfer out.

Is that enough sarcasterisks?

Banned
    vCash

Cause he has the magical words "starting Offensive Lineman for Texas" on his resume

vCash

If he can start at any other P5 school we figure he can start here because of our bad OL recruiting. Also, Texas has a good running game with D'Onta Foreman a RB who went pro in his junior year.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

We have a huge question mark at one Tackle position and getting a starting tackle from even a 5-7 Texas team is likely to provide at worst, a functional back-up right tackle. (remember not having a functional left tackle two years ago? It sort of sucked, so I'll be happy to have at least one more functional tackle)