Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So boosters names will remain redacted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Points A and B was made prior to the Motion to Intervene though. The booster removed the case (some say the judge was going to dismiss anyway) from Circuit Court so they could file with the Ethics Commission. This was done after they had ruled and UNM stated they would comply with the Ethics Commission. By procedure, I think the Ethics Commission was correct in the handling of this so far. They even chastised UNM for not complying originally and having this case brought to them.
    It doesn't change the fact that the Ethics Commission could have made an actual ruling and made it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yep. UM isn't making it out of this unscathed but if the damage is bearable then NCAA football will become the Wild West. At that point you may as well make it a minor league, give school salary caps, and move on.
    The funny thing is, UM in all of their self delusion thinks if they get hit hard then it will be the start of the P5 separation. They will be Jerry Maguire standing up saying I am leaving who is with me. They don't understand that everyone else will just stare at them as they walk out the door.

vCash
    It doesn't change the fact that the Ethics Commission could have made an actual ruling and made it happen.
    No they couldn't. They have to allow a week for a written response and set the hearing. That's procedure. Now they could have ruled that the written response wasn't sufficient and dismissed the Motion but when they did not, they could not rule without arguments being presented at a hearing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I told you guys once before to call MSNBC. There would be nothing juicy for Rachel Maddow as a reprieve from her Trump scandal coverage than to talk about OM, the bastion of southern "heritage" allowing a booster to sue a SA at their rival. Add in the state ethics commission not releasing the names of boosters and yes Dawgology this goes WAY beyond CFB. This is borderline criminal.
    And you can't follow your own advice why?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    At that point you may as well make it a minor league, give school salary caps, and move on.
    Funny you mention that. In my spare time over the last couple of months I have been playing around with putting together the idea of the college game being a minor league for the NFL. It would be similar to MLB in that you have the NFL team and under it, minor league teams, which in this case would be college teams. Just doing it for fun. I don't have all the details worked out as to how it would work, but you would have each NFL team with set college teams under them acting as their minor league teams. Would have a draft each year for the college teams that the NFL team would lead. After all, these kids want to be pro's and get paid. May as well do it from the outset. If they don't want to get paid and want to choose a school of their choice, they can. Have trades and cuts just like MLB. like I said, still playing around with the logistics of it, but it's been fun playing around with.

vCash
    No they couldn't. They have to allow a week for a written response and set the hearing. That's procedure. Now they could have ruled that the written response wasn't sufficient and dismissed the Motion but when they did not, they could not rule without arguments being presented at a hearing.
    It's my understanding that a hearing was set and at the last minute/hour Ole Miss submitted a written response which they accepted and tabled the hearing. In fact, I believe Steve was down there to present his argument but ended up not doing it because it was tabled.

vCash
    The Motion to Intervene arguments from the booster were not to be heard until 6/27 at the Ethics Commission. If that has not been cancelled or dismissed, why would anyone expect the names to be released before that meeting?
    Correct, Meeting is still set for June 27 at 10:00 am.... in Jackson, MS.... I believe that RR have the right to show up also....

Anyone know how we can get this meeting Live streamed where we can WATCH it live on Elite Dawgs?
    I doubt CLiar will even show up. Anyone know anyone at the news stations in Jackson area? If WCBI live streamed the counting of ballots in Starkville surly they could live stream this... Anyone friends with anyone who works there?
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 06-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    It's my understanding that a hearing was set and at the last minute/hour Ole Miss submitted a written response which they accepted and tabled the hearing. In fact, I believe Steve was down there to present his argument but ended up not doing it because it was tabled.
    But the Motion to Intervene was filed after that. Once that occurred and the Ethics Commission granted (which they should have) the booster the ability to give a written request for review and a hearing for his motion, then the Ethics Commission has to let the process play out. As frustrating as it is, I would absolutely want the Ethics Commission to act the same way, regardless of who filed the motion.

vCash
    The Motion to Intervene arguments from the booster were not to be heard until 6/27 at the Ethics Commission. If that has not been cancelled or dismissed, why would anyone expect the names to be released before that meeting?
    That was my understanding from the Ethics Commission legalese I read Clark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I would not doubt this in the least. Nothing they do isn't a well orchestrated plan put into action. I laugh when I hear someone like Dick Cross say they wonder what ole miss thinks of the RR lawsuit. It's hilarious for anyone to try and act like ole miss wasn't a steering and driving force for that lawsuit. Hell their response to the NOA was written with that lawsuit in mind.
    Merkel, RR's lawyer, would have in no way took a case that had any chance of being not wanted by OM.

If OM was against it in any small way, he wouldn't be doing it.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Funny you mention that. In my spare time over the last couple of months I have been playing around with putting together the idea of the college game being a minor league for the NFL. It would be similar to MLB in that you have the NFL team and under it, minor league teams, which in this case would be college teams. Just doing it for fun. I don't have all the details worked out as to how it would work, but you would have each NFL team with set college teams under them acting as their minor league teams. Would have a draft each year for the college teams that the NFL team would lead. After all, these kids want to be pro's and get paid. May as well do it from the outset. If they don't want to get paid and want to choose a school of their choice, they can. Have trades and cuts just like MLB. like I said, still playing around with the logistics of it, but it's been fun playing around with.
    ...and then minor league teams such as OM would secretly pay more than the salary cap. Nothing would change as far as cheating goes. It would be more fair to SA's though.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    ...and then minor league teams such as OM would secretly pay more than the salary cap. Nothing would change as far as cheating goes. It would be more fair to SA's though.
    More fair because they would be paid? Don't they already get a monthly stipend that's fairly generous? And at some schools (e.g., Vanderbilt, out of state in a lot of public universities), free tuition, and free room and board, free books, etc. ... could approach $100K/year. I think it's already pretty generous.

vCash
    The boosters names are not gonna stay redacted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    More fair because they would be paid? Don't they already get a monthly stipend that's fairly generous? And at some schools (e.g., Vanderbilt, out of state in a lot of public universities), free tuition, and free room and board, free books, etc. ... could approach $100K/year. I think it's already pretty generous.
    It'd be fair b/c that's a tiny fraction of what MSU makes off of players like Dak. Look, I don't want to see SA's getting paid, but yes it'd definitely be more fair for what they bring in to help pay for their head coach's $5M salary.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-20-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    It'd be fair b/c that's a tiny fraction of what MSU makes off of players like Dak. Look, I don't want to see SA's getting paid, but yes it'd definitely be more fair for what they bring in to help pay for their head coach's $5M salary.
    Want to treat them like employees? Dan Mullen who would be CEO of the football program making $5 million and managing employees making above $50k in MS is actually a pretty damn good salary with no degree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Want to treat them like employees? Dan Mullen who would be CEO of the football program making $5 million and managing employees making above $50k in MS is actually a pretty damn good salary with no degree.
    This is fracturing off the OP's thread but the last thing I'll say is... It's more like $50K for 4-5 years vs. Mullen's $5M per year. So your analysis would be still true in the corporate world but more like $10K vs. $5M.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Don't ever vote for someone who went to Ole Miss. It's that simple. If every MSU and USM alumni followed this rule we would get rid of all this foolish Crap over at the capital.

vCash
    They will always remain redacted if old misery controls their release . A little money goes a long way amongst ms good old boys. Just not enough to get the ncaa off of their ass, I don't think their release will have to be redacted, or am i wrong ?

vCash
    This is fracturing off the OP's thread but the last thing I'll say is... It's more like $50K for 4-5 years vs. Mullen's $5M per year. So your analysis would be still true in the corporate world but more like $10K vs. $5M.
    I would think just food and a place to live would be over $10k. That doesn't include tuition, books, clothes, tutors, and now some type of stipend. College athletes also make connections that help where normal students don't. It is basically like having an internship that only a select few get.

If you include Vandy then tuition itself is probably over $50k. My wife got into Vandy but at the time it was over $16k per semester and that has been several years ago.

vCash
    Its hard to believe that an ole missy guy could be on anything called ethics, but how many are on that committee? And whats the ratio?