Thread: Steve Robertson, talking about TCUN

vCash

Steve Robertson, talking about TCUN

Steve was bringing it on the Boneyard: "This is not a string of mistakes. It's a culture of non-compliance that radiates between multiple programs, multiple chancellors, multiple athletic directors, multiple coaches. I don't know how you spin that any other way. I know that I would not want to go stand before the Committee On Infractions and try to offer that 'we have promoted an atmosphere of compliance' when you've had to fire a head coach and then fire some of his assistant coaches for taking course work for incoming signees, which is what was alleged in the women's basketball cases.

And I wonder how Adrian Wiggins feels today knowing that he was not implicated in any of the charges, yet was terminated and he see the university back up and defend Hugh Freeze the way they have. Certainly an interesting turn of events."

vCash
    The Wiggins point is a good one and I've wondered about that myself. Better be one hell of a payout involved, or Wiggins should be driving back to Oxford to ask for a bonus.

Banned
    vCash
    The whole suing everybody is a ***** ass way of threatening everyone, trying to deny responsibility and hoping they get some form of victim perception and it is a vendetta from the NCAA, Rosebowl and everything MSU to try and do us in because they are little brother and they are jealous.

Yeah keep believing that Dan Mullen orchestrated this whole thing, Leo Lewis and Rebel Rags is the only thing that is causing all of this. Nevermind anything to do with the entire 2013 class or the academic fraud, the continuous cheating and cash payments as late as this year. It is all Leo and y'all are clean. No problems here!****

There are 10 other schools, at minimum, that the NCAA had complaints from and interviewed. There were at least 40 other SA's beside Leo, and they were all approached by the NCAA because of what THEY uncovered through their investigation, NOT because everyone got jealous of OM and colluded together on to bring down OM! How arrogant can you be?!

Everyone can file a lawsuit, and counter sue or whatever you want to call it. It is an intimidation tactic and it may work sometimes, but this time it will open up the gates of hell to have everyone deposed as necessary. And the thought of you bringing down the NCAA is really only going to make it much, much worse for you. At some point, you need to realize you should just shut up, bend over and grab you ankles, and just take what they are giving you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    The whole suing everybody is a ***** ass way of threatening everyone, trying to deny responsibility and hoping they get some form of victim perception and it is a vendetta from the NCAA, Rosebowl and everything MSU to try and do us in because they are little brother and they are jealous.

Yeah keep believing that Dan Mullen orchestrated this whole thing, Leo Lewis and Rebel Rags is the only thing that is causing all of this. Nevermind anything to do with the entire 2013 class or the academic fraud, the continuous cheating and cash payments as late as this year. It is all Leo and y'all are clean. No problems here!****

There are 10 other schools, at minimum, that the NCAA had complaints from and interviewed. There were at least 40 other SA's beside Leo, and they were all approached by the NCAA because of what THEY uncovered through their investigation, NOT because everyone got jealous of OM and colluded together on to bring down OM! How arrogant can you be?!

Everyone can file a lawsuit, and counter sue or whatever you want to call it. It is an intimidation tactic and it may work sometimes, but this time it will open up the gates of hell to have everyone deposed as necessary. And the thought of you bringing down the NCAA is really only going to make it much, much worse for you. At some point, you need to realize you should just shut up, bend over and grab you ankles, and just take what they are giving you!
    OM fans and boosters have no idea just who knows what out in the real world..... Thanks for stating the TRUTH.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post

As the national media continues to cover OM's response and reactions EVERYONE will see just how delusional and arrogant they are. OM's "national profile" is going to be ruined. The rest of the world is going to know what we have known for a long time: that OM has an overwhelming number of insufferable pricks among their flock. There are some decent folks but they are hard to find.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Steve was bringing it on the Boneyard: "This is not a string of mistakes. It's a culture of non-compliance that radiates between multiple programs, multiple chancellors, multiple athletic directors, multiple coaches. I don't know how you spin that any other way. I know that I would not want to go stand before the Committee On Infractions and try to offer that 'we have promoted an atmosphere of compliance' when you've had to fire a head coach and then fire some of his assistant coaches for taking course work for incoming signees, which is what was alleged in the women's basketball cases.

And I wonder how Adrian Wiggins feels today knowing that he was not implicated in any of the charges, yet was terminated and he see the university back up and defend Hugh Freeze the way they have. Certainly an interesting turn of events."
    Did Wiggins get a "show cause"? Presumably he did. Gotta wonder, did the OM administration not know all the football cheating was going on at the time they abandoned Wiggins, and know that they couldn't reasonably turn around and support Freeze under many of the same circumstances? I have a feeling it was because no one had ever heard of Wiggins since he coached a minor sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Did Wiggins get a "show cause"? Presumably he did. Gotta wonder, did the OM administration not know all the football cheating was going on at the time they abandoned Wiggins, and know that they couldn't reasonably turn around and support Freeze under many of the same circumstances? I have a feeling it was because no one had ever heard of Wiggins since he coached a minor sport.
    YES, Wiggins got a show cause and the tsun AD is quoted as saying that even though Wiggins did not know about the cheating, he should have known and therefore Wiggins was being terminated......

vCash
    Wiggins quote from October:

"It's hard when you look at it from a career standpoint: You can second-guess yourself," Wiggins said. "I usually only hired people I worked with, had long relationships with. That's how I did things at Fresno State. I went away from that at Ole Miss. I think that's where I made my first mistake there.

"I'm not perfect. I failed to monitor two people for five weeks during the six months I was at Ole Miss. And it cost me my job. I don't live with any animosity. I can go to sleep at night. These are decisions I made and I just have to live with that."

So let's see. He had a great reputation for building things the right way. Got to UNM, where he "went away from hiring people he worked with/had long relationships with". Why did he go away from doing things his way when he got to UNM, particularly given the tremendous success he'd had up to that point? Sounds to me like perhaps "the network" told him he was going to hire Kenya & Michael Landers...the ones who apparently did all the cheating.

Dude's career got ruined in the process. Hmmm.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 06-20-2017 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post

"It's hard when you look at it from a career standpoint: You can second-guess yourself," Wiggins said. "I usually only hired people I worked with, had long relationships with. That's how I did things at Fresno State. I went away from that at Ole Miss. I think that's where I made my first mistake there.

"I'm not perfect. I failed to monitor two people for five weeks during the six months I was at Ole Miss. And it cost me my job. I don't live with any animosity. I can go to sleep at night. These are decisions I made and I just have to live with that."

So let's see. He had a great reputation for building things the right way. Got to UNM, where he "went away from hiring people he worked with/had long relationships with". Why did he go away from doing things his way when he got to UNM, particularly given the tremendous success he'd had up to that point? Sounds to me like perhaps "the network" told him he was going to hire Kenya & Michael Landers...the ones who apparently did all the cheating.

VERY good find. Wiggins got caught up in OM's systematic cheating process. He got away from the way he'd always operated, he got away from the people he trusted and in the end he lost his job because the Network ate him alive at the Plantation.

If Freeze is retained after the NCAA sanctions are handed down, then Wiggins should sue the hell out of OM, he should be compensated for the loss of employment.

vCash

He was only there 6 months and got a show cause? Wow, didn't realize that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    VERY good find. Wiggins got caught up in OM's systematic cheating process. He got away from the way he'd always operated, he got away from the people he trusted and in the end he lost his job because the Network ate him alive at the Plantation.

If Freeze is retained after the NCAA sanctions are handed down, then Wiggins should sue the hell out of OM, he should be compensated for the loss of employment.
    He should have already obtained an attorney to fry their asses...

vCash

Also, he might not have been able to convince the ones he knew and worked with to move from Fresno to Oxford, Mississippi. I don't think I would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Also, he might not have been able to convince the ones he knew and worked with to move from Fresno to Oxford, Mississippi. I don't think I would.
    Fresno is not a particularly nice place to live.